Windows 10: Left Shift key malfunctioning

Discus and support Left Shift key malfunctioning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by the3dxm, Jun 3, 2019.

1. the3dxm Win User

Left Shift key malfunctioning

When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is written in caps, I thought that the Cps lock is on but it was the left shift key that has a problem, it seemed like it is stuck on clicked, but it clicks just fine, I looked it up on the Internet, it is a common problem, so my problem is that the left shift key is not working and it affects the function keys, I open the On Screen keyboard to resolve the problem temporarily, when I restart the computer, it happens again, it is giving me a hard time, the laptop is new, I check the buttons, everything is fine, it is a software problem, I tried turning off sticky keys, its already off, I updated the keyboard drivers, I tried using a cleaner to scan my laptop, but nothing worked. please I need your help, thank you

:)

the3dxm, Jun 3, 2019
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 3, 2019
  3. saki630 Win User
    Keyboard Left Shift Problem

I have an old 2006 Saitek Eclipse that is giving me problems.

My current problem has persisted for the past 2 weeks where randomly the left shift key will raise my volume when pressed.

Recently i bought a Razer Naga and I am wondering if this is interfering.

I bought a G110 and it works just fine so I am just wondering what is up with my left shift key.

As of writing this post, my left shift key works, but I will guarantee that after opening some applications and playing music my keyboard will bite me again.

saki630, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Left Shift key malfunctioning

Failed left shift and capslock keys--fix or replacekeyboard? (Win 10 desktop PC)

The title, I think, says it all. The left shift key and the capslock key seem to have failed (the right shift key still works). I suspect it makes some sense to replace my 4-5 year old keyboard. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JimMohundro, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Left Shift key malfunctioning

1. Left Shift key malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Left Shift key

2. Left shift not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...
  3. shift key issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    shift key issues: on my asus laptop, when I press the left shift key I get a hyphen and when I press the right shift key I get a small letter c I have to keep holding the shift key down to use it to make capital letters, then arrow back and remove the hyphen or c...
  4. Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working: I don't understand how this came to be as the entire keyboard on my laptop works perfectly and has been since I bought this laptop approximately 7 months ago. I do also understand that the keys themselves could be damaged, but the fact that only these two, the left and right...
  5. Malfunctioning windows key

Malfunctioning windows key: Not sure if this is a windows issue or a function of my laptop. When I hit my windows key to open up see my tiles and start menu, it opens up to Word. This has happened several times. When I exit word I "X" out which brings me right back to my desktop's wallpaper. I have...
  6. screen shifted to the left

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen shifted to the left: My display is shifted to the left so that I cannot see all of the icons; the window icon at the lower left shows just a bit. When I click on it, I cannot see the shut down box. what can I do the shift the screen right?...
  7. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  8. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  9. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

Left Shift Behaving Strangely: hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit. this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am...
  10. Shift key

Shift key: Hi folks> right now my keybord is printing all capitals unless I depress the shift key> I know there is a way to switch it back, but I don't know where to find it. 104384