Windows 10: Left Shift key malfunctioning

Discus and support Left Shift key malfunctioning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by the3dxm, Jun 3, 2019.

1. the3dxm Win User

Left Shift key malfunctioning

When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is written in caps, I thought that the Cps lock is on but it was the left shift key that has a problem, it seemed like it is stuck on clicked, but it clicks just fine, I looked it up on the Internet, it is a common problem, so my problem is that the left shift key is not working and it affects the function keys, I open the On Screen keyboard to resolve the problem temporarily, when I restart the computer, it happens again, it is giving me a hard time, the laptop is new, I check the buttons, everything is fine, it is a software problem, I tried turning off sticky keys, its already off, I updated the keyboard drivers, I tried using a cleaner to scan my laptop, but nothing worked. please I need your help, thank you

:)

the3dxm, Jun 3, 2019
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 3, 2019
  3. saki630 Win User
    Keyboard Left Shift Problem

I have an old 2006 Saitek Eclipse that is giving me problems.

My current problem has persisted for the past 2 weeks where randomly the left shift key will raise my volume when pressed.

Recently i bought a Razer Naga and I am wondering if this is interfering.

I bought a G110 and it works just fine so I am just wondering what is up with my left shift key.

As of writing this post, my left shift key works, but I will guarantee that after opening some applications and playing music my keyboard will bite me again.

saki630, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Left Shift key malfunctioning

Failed left shift and capslock keys--fix or replacekeyboard? (Win 10 desktop PC)

The title, I think, says it all. The left shift key and the capslock key seem to have failed (the right shift key still works). I suspect it makes some sense to replace my 4-5 year old keyboard. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JimMohundro, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Left Shift key malfunctioning

1. Left Shift key malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Left Shift key

2. Malfunctioning left Ctrl key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunctioning left Ctrl key: I want to use my Ctrl key to process and do shortcuts when making a project. However, my left Ctrl key is giving me a problem, when I press it, it will minimize all the programs and open Cortana. Please help....
  3. Malfunctioning left Ctrl key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malfunctioning left Ctrl key: I want to use my Ctrl key to process and do shortcuts when making a project. However, my left Ctrl key is giving me a problem, when I press it, it will minimize all the programs and open Cortana. Please help....
  4. Malfunctioning left Ctrl key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left crrl key malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left crrl key malfunction: My left ctrl key will minimize my open programs and open Cortana. This is causing problem in which I can no longer open task manager using Ctrl button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-crrl-key-malfunction/fd99be15-a6e3-497d-ab67-224c8db7f01e
  6. Left crrl key malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left crrl key malfunction: My left ctrl key will minimize my open programs and open Cortana. This is causing problem in which I can no longer open task manager using Ctrl button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-crrl-key-malfunction/fd99be15-a6e3-497d-ab67-224c8db7f01e
  7. Left crrl key malfunction

8. Left ctrl key malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left ctrl key malfunctioning: A few days ago my left ctrl key started malfunctioning. Whenever I press it, it gives me = instead of the function of ctrl. The right one still works as intended. The issue is with the built-in keyboard, and it started out of the blue the day they asked me to upgrade to...
  9. Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key: Hello,I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and...
  10. Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key

Windows 11 causing malfunction to left Shift Key: Hello,I have experienced this problem intermittently since updating to windows 11. The left shift key - which I use extensively when typing - does not sustain caps lock for consecutive alphabets such as when typing CAPS. Sometimes it also does not register the key press and...