Windows 10: Left Shift key on my usb keyboard stops windows media player song

Discus and support Left Shift key on my usb keyboard stops windows media player song in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Someone please help me, this is driving me insane Pressing left shift on my usb keyboard will stop playback on windows media player, EVEN WHEN ITS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brigzor, Mar 29, 2021.

1. brigzor Win User

Left Shift key on my usb keyboard stops windows media player song

Someone please help me, this is driving me insane

Pressing left shift on my usb keyboard will stop playback on windows media player, EVEN WHEN ITS OUT OF FOCUS

the laptop left shift does not do it, only the left shift from the usb keyboard

how can I fix this, is there some option to disable all shortcuts for windows media player? This just started to happen randomly. Thanks in advance!

:)

brigzor, Mar 29, 2021

2. Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Media Player stops and starts at random

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we'll need the following information:

• Do you get an error message when it stops?
    • Is it only happening when using Windows Media Player and Groove Music?
    If yes, we suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and Windows Media Player Settings Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps to troubleshoot Windows Store Apps and click
      Windows Media Player Settings to troubleshoot Windows Media Player.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Left Shift key on my usb keyboard stops windows media player song

Windows Media Player 12 - Sync List Empty

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

If your device's storage capacity is more than 4 gigabytes (GB), and your entire Player Library can fit on the device, Windows Media Player will automatically sync unless you choose to manually sync. If you keep the automatic sync option, you
    can either choose which files to sync or you can have the entire Player Library copied to the device.

Every time you connect your device to your PC while Windows Media Player is running, the Player automatically updates the contents of the device to mirror the contents of the Player Library.

However, if you are not seeing the list of songs under the Sync tab, I would suggest you to try these steps and check again:

1. Open Windows Media Player and click the sync tab.

2. Go to the folder where the songs are stored.

3. Select all the songs, left click on the highlighted songs and drag it to Windows media player under “sync”

Let us know if you get the same result.

You can also try to directly add the songs manually by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click "This PC" on the left pane.

3. Double click the phone and locate the folder where the songs are stored.

Copy and paste the desired songs in this particular folder

I also suggest you to Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check, if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key” on your keyboard.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Left Shift key on my usb keyboard stops windows media player song

1. Left Shift key on my usb keyboard stops windows media player song - Similar Threads - Left Shift key

2. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?: I added songs from my music folder onto the New Media Player. It worked and I even made playlists. After I was done listening to it I shut it down and left. The next day I open Media Player and everything is gone. There’s nothing in the Music library, my playlists are wiped....
  3. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?: I added songs from my music folder onto the New Media Player. It worked and I even made playlists. After I was done listening to it I shut it down and left. The next day I open Media Player and everything is gone. There’s nothing in the Music library, my playlists are wiped....
  4. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  6. Media player won't play songs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media player won't play songs: I can't get my playlist to play in media player legacy or the new media player. Do I need to transfer the files? One song played, now I get the message below;"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the...
  7. Windows Media Player Visualizations Stop Working After Each Song

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Visualizations Stop Working After Each Song: My Windows Media Player visualizations stop after each song. They don't disappear. They simply act as if there's no sound being played, as if the music is paused. If I hit the next button, they start to work properly again. But if a song ends and the next one begins...
  8. How to import songs to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import songs to Windows Media Player: How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-songs-to-windows-media-player/19c0e946-e595-4679-9069-df6e4eacc73a"
  9. Song length editing on Windows media player

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Song length editing on Windows media player: I'm trying to edit the length of a song by 43 seconds.... can take from the beginning and the end. Not sure how to do it.... anybody know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/song-length-editing-on-windows-media-player/ff98b50b-6128-4b39-8581-3f2563b49964"
  10. Windows Media Player will not burn song titles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player will not burn song titles: Something happened along the way - I'm using Windows 10 with all the latest updates etc. When I burn an audio CD using the MP3 files I've ripped to the default Windows Media Player Library I get a good CD (it plays) but the song titles are missing - all that is on the CD is...