Windows 10: Left shift not working

Discus and support Left shift not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SammyKent, Mar 10, 2019.

1. SammyKent Win User

Left shift not working

So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this case due to the left one not working)

Edit: It would be great if the solution was free

:)

SammyKent, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Man_Gup Win User
    Left Shift not working! help!

My left shift is not working when i press it it beeps like ''bup'' pls help!

Man_Gup, Mar 10, 2019
  4. saki630 Win User

Left shift not working

Keyboard Left Shift Problem

I have an old 2006 Saitek Eclipse that is giving me problems.

My current problem has persisted for the past 2 weeks where randomly the left shift key will raise my volume when pressed.

Recently i bought a Razer Naga and I am wondering if this is interfering.

I bought a G110 and it works just fine so I am just wondering what is up with my left shift key.

As of writing this post, my left shift key works, but I will guarantee that after opening some applications and playing music my keyboard will bite me again.

saki630, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Left shift not working

1. Left shift not working - Similar Threads - Left shift working

2. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  3. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  4. Left Alt + Shift not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Alt + Shift not working properly: I use this hot-key combination Left Alt + Shift to switch the input-language of my two main languages. All of a sudden it stopped working with no apparent reason. After messing around I figured out that it does work BUT it toggles between several languages as it shows in the...
  5. Left shift not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift not working properly: the left shift key my laptop which runs Windows 10 latest update has been acting weird today..it works perfectly fine, the only thing wrong with it is I can't combine it with anything else..so if I want to run Task Manager for example, when pressing CTRL + Shift + ESC, the...
  6. Left shift not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left shift not working properly: the left shift key my laptop which runs Windows 10 latest update has been acting weird today..it works perfectly fine, the only thing wrong with it is I can't combine it with anything else..so if I want to run Task Manager for example, when pressing CTRL + Shift + ESC, the...
  7. Left shift not working properly

8. Left shift not working specificly on {

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift not working specificly on {: Hello, since i updated to Windows 11 i have been getting this problem.My left shift button works on every single key i use exempt except of { left curly bracket specificly, i can type the right curly bracket using left shift,. i code in C# and C++ so this is a big...
  9. Left shift not working specificly on {

Left shift not working specificly on {: Hello, since i updated to Windows 11 i have been getting this problem.My left shift button works on every single key i use exempt except of { left curly bracket specificly, i can type the right curly bracket using left shift,. i code in C# and C++ so this is a big...
  10. left shift not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    left shift not working: hey! my left shift is not working. I've tried to update drivers, turned sticky keys on and off, and reset my computer. Odd thing is when i reset it ly left shift works for around 1 minute then stops working. I need help! thanks!...