Windows 10: left shift not working

Discus and support left shift not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey! my left shift is not working. I've tried to update drivers, turned sticky keys on and off, and reset my computer. Odd thing is when i reset it ly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GillianDonldson, Sep 16, 2020.

1. left shift not working

hey! my left shift is not working. I've tried to update drivers, turned sticky keys on and off, and reset my computer. Odd thing is when i reset it ly left shift works for around 1 minute then stops working. I need help! thanks!

:)

GillianDonldson, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 16, 2020
  3. yogeshp1 Win User
    Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original left shift not working :p

yogeshp1, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Jakob Win User

left shift not working

Windows + Shift + right doesn't shift window to the right screen (shifting to the left works fine)

When I use Windows Key + Shift + left the active window jumps to the monitor on the left like expected left shift not working :)
    But when I try to do it the other way around: Windows Key + Shift + right the window doesn't jump back to the right left shift not working :( Nothing happens. Why? How can I fix this?

PS: I am using Windows 10 Version 1903 (64 bit) on my ThinkPad with two additional external monitors.
    Windows Key + right moves the window correctly to the right (step by step but not directly to the next monitor).
    Maybe the Windows Key + Shift + right was overwritten by something else? How can I find out?

Jakob, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

left shift not working

1. left shift not working - Similar Threads - left shift working

2. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working: I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working. Before that only the E key has some slight problem due to I sometimes press E too hard while playing Minecraft. But for the keys that...
  3. Left Shift + C Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Shift + C Key Not Working: Hi and thank you for reading. My Left Shift + C key is not working. When I hold Shift + C key, it's suppose to type 'CCCCC' but it doesn't. I have to press Shift + C key multiple times for the above text to appear. All other letter keys work with the Left Shift key, but for...
  4. Screen Left shift

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Left shift: My display has shifted left. need to correct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-left-shift/e1a4dbfb-fe3f-492c-83db-d431e8c1bf41
  5. Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working: I couldn't find any mention of this online: Right CTRL + V, Left Shift + ' and CTRL + C on both sides work as intended. I haven't installed anything lately. This just started happening in the middle of the day a couple of days ago. Language doesn't matter - when I switch to...
  6. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT: Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution and then click revert to have where I want...
  7. Left Shift key malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left Shift key malfunctioning: When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is written in caps, I thought that the Cps lock is on but it was the left shift key that has a problem, it seemed like it is stuck...
  8. Left shift not working

Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...
  9. screen shifted to the left

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen shifted to the left: My display is shifted to the left so that I cannot see all of the icons; the window icon at the lower left shows just a bit. When I click on it, I cannot see the shut down box. what can I do the shift the screen right?...
  10. Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus: Hello, my Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/left-shift-tab-numbers-13568-not-working-on-asus/2aac4955-3221-4998-9218-750c0dae9104