Windows 10: left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

Discus and support left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Borhan Chowdhury, Nov 15, 2022.

1. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried uninstall keyboard driver from device. Please help if any cure.

:)

Borhan Chowdhury, Nov 15, 2022
  2. yogeshp1 Win User

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working :p

yogeshp1, Nov 15, 2022
  3. jcm000 Win User
    (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow
    (and related) Ctrl + Arrow + Shift have stopped working on my system; i.e., nothing happens when I try to use the keys in combination ... but the keys function as expected individually.

So far, I've restored my Windows settings to an earlier point in time to try and fix the issue, but the problem remains across all applications.

Does anyone know of a fix to control this shortcut / hotkey issue?

jcm000, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Xeeeee Win User

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

Combination of CTRL, SHIFT, ARROW keys not repeating

Machine: Dell Inspiron 5559 (it's new so I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware)

Here is the predicament I am faced with:

When I use a combination of the CTRL, SHIFT and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys to let's say select text in a Word/Google document, the combination works once but does not repeat itself if I keep holding down the
    keys (it used to on my last laptop which had Windows 7 installed on it).

I have already checked the Ease of Access Center. Sticky, Toggle and Filter keys are all OFF.

I have disabled the Intel HD Graphics hotkeys.

I have researched probably about 20 articles but nothing.

Guys, this is very important for me to fix because I work with text a LOTTTT and have to use this combination very frequently. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS: CTRL and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys combination still works and it repeats if I press and hold those keys. But for whatever odd reason, CTRL, SHIFT and RIGHT (or LEFT) ARROW keys combination is not repeating.

Xeeeee, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

1. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working - Similar Threads - left shift+ right

2. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  3. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  4. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  5. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  6. Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding break character to ctrl+left-arrow/ctrl+right-arrow: I'm manually editing multiple filenames in Explorer on Windows 10. My filenames have sections in square brackets, and the occasional underscore, which I'm removing, e.g. "This File [yes this]_v10.docx" becomes "This File v10.docx". The names are not consistent, so it's not...
  7. (Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

(Solved) How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  8. How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?

How to Restore 'Ctrl + Left Arrow' & 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' Function?: Hi. I usually use 'Ctrl + Right Arrow' or ' Ctrl + Left Arrow' to quickly move ahead or back (word by word) in a sentence I am editing. Or, I use the combinations together with the Shift Key to quickly highlight words in a given sentence. The Ctrl + Arrow (and related)...
  9. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  10. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...