Windows 10: Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10. My keyboard driver is updated and so is my windows 10. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarceloBarros3, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

The left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10. My keyboard driver is updated and so is my windows 10. Can you help me?

:)

MarceloBarros3, Jul 31, 2020
  2. druPW Win User

Left Shift, Caps Lock and Tab keys not working

Since update KB3149135 installed on my desktop the left shift, caps lock and tab keys no longer work.

Help would be appreciated.

druPW, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.

Basically in what the subject says, those keys have just stopped working after updating to windows 10. My shift on the other side of the keyboard still works but that doesn't help much when the left side doesn't work, nor does my caps lock or tab key work.

AshleyThibodeau, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

my left shift, tab, and caps lock keys no longer work after an update on 3/25/2018

to my knowledge nothing has ever been spilled on the keyboard, and the problem keys mentioned were all working before today.

i may pop the keys off later and see if anything has gotten caught underneath.

Edit: I have just popped off the keys and there wasn't much but a bit of dust. I cleaned it up and the keys seem to be working now, but my caps lock dosn't turn off unless I press any shift key.

(I do not need to hold shift to turn off the caps lock, but caps won't turn off by pressing the caps key.)

Thank you for the suggestion.

I wouldn't have suspected a little dust since most of my issues seemed to have started today.

edit; now shift caps and tab are not working again i don't know what happened they were working fine for a few hours. maybe there is some strange hotkey or something that i am pressing.

roxxieangel2332, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

1. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Left shift tab

2. caps lock, tab and left shift key don't work! windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock, tab and left shift key don't work! windows 10 and 11: before i start, please forgive the non usage of caps writing this, but as the title says i'm struggling with my keyboard.i'm on a legion 5 laptop, on windows 10, and i was in the middle on a teams meet, sharing screen while running an unreal engine simulation when this...
  3. caps lock, tab and left shift key don't work! windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    caps lock, tab and left shift key don't work! windows 10 and 11: before i start, please forgive the non usage of caps writing this, but as the title says i'm struggling with my keyboard.i'm on a legion 5 laptop, on windows 10, and i was in the middle on a teams meet, sharing screen while running an unreal engine simulation when this...
  4. caps lock, tab and left shift key don't work! windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left shift key, caps lock, and windows key not working

Left shift key, caps lock, and windows key not working: so basically im on my laptop and after an update i couldnt use left shift, tab, caps lock and windows key not working i already did go to safe mode, reset my pc over windows and usb stick and watched 1000 tutorials and still cant figure out what happend. Also i did go to bios...
  6. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working

Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working: so basically im on my laptop and after an update i couldnt use left shift, tab, caps lock and windows key not working i already did go to safe mode, reset my pc over windows and usb stick and watched 1000 tutorials and still cant figure out what happend. Also i did go to bios...
  7. caps and shift key not working

caps and shift key not working: hi, i am having this problem for quite a while now my laptop is brand new one day my caps as well shift key stopped working the shift key on the opposite side works and here is the fun fact i need to press my caps key for a long time to start working when the caps key starts...
  8. Keyboard keys not working on left side Left shift, tab, caps lock, tilde and esc key

Keyboard keys not working on left side Left shift, tab, caps lock, tilde and esc key: Hi, so I normally use an external keyboard when working with my laptop Gigabyte Aero 15 Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz, however recently I have started to use the keyboard on the laptop itself again, and have realised several keys don't work just the left column of keys...
  9. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working: I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working. Before that only the E key has some slight problem due to I sometimes press E too hard while playing Minecraft. But for the keys that...
  10. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.: Basically in what the subject says, those keys have just stopped working after updating to windows 10. My shift on the other side of the keyboard still works but that doesn't help much when the left side doesn't work, nor does my caps lock or tab key work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Left shift tab in windows 10