Windows 10: Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10. My keyboard driver is updated and so is my windows 10. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarceloBarros3, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

The left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10. My keyboard driver is updated and so is my windows 10. Can you help me?

:)

MarceloBarros3, Jul 31, 2020
  2. druPW Win User

Left Shift, Caps Lock and Tab keys not working

Since update KB3149135 installed on my desktop the left shift, caps lock and tab keys no longer work.

Help would be appreciated.

druPW, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.

Basically in what the subject says, those keys have just stopped working after updating to windows 10. My shift on the other side of the keyboard still works but that doesn't help much when the left side doesn't work, nor does my caps lock or tab key work.

AshleyThibodeau, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

my left shift, tab, and caps lock keys no longer work after an update on 3/25/2018

to my knowledge nothing has ever been spilled on the keyboard, and the problem keys mentioned were all working before today.

i may pop the keys off later and see if anything has gotten caught underneath.

Edit: I have just popped off the keys and there wasn't much but a bit of dust. I cleaned it up and the keys seem to be working now, but my caps lock dosn't turn off unless I press any shift key.

(I do not need to hold shift to turn off the caps lock, but caps won't turn off by pressing the caps key.)

Thank you for the suggestion.

I wouldn't have suspected a little dust since most of my issues seemed to have started today.

edit; now shift caps and tab are not working again i don't know what happened they were working fine for a few hours. maybe there is some strange hotkey or something that i am pressing.

roxxieangel2332, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10

1. Left shift, tab and caps keys are not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Left shift tab

2. Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps Lock, left shift Shift, Tab and F3 not working: I don't know when these keys stop working properly, but i suspect it's Epic Games causing the problem, as before that all keys are working. Before that only the E key has some slight problem due to I sometimes press E too hard while playing Minecraft. But for the keys that...
  3. Left Shift + C Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Shift + C Key Not Working: Hi and thank you for reading. My Left Shift + C key is not working. When I hold Shift + C key, it's suppose to type 'CCCCC' but it doesn't. I have to press Shift + C key multiple times for the above text to appear. All other letter keys work with the Left Shift key, but for...
  4. T, Y, Left Shift, Caps Lock, and Delete keys not working well

T, Y, Left Shift, Caps Lock, and Delete keys not working well: Since yesterday, the K, Y, Left Shift, Caps Lock, and Delete keys have not been working on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10. Sometimes they start working again and sometimes they work after I press multiple times. At this moment, I have to press these keys between 5 and 15...
  5. Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the...

Control keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Tab) don't work on the left side while working on the...: Thanks! :) submitted by /u/WolfOfDeribasovskaya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e223wq/control_keys_alt_ctrl_shift_tab_dont_work_on_the/
  6. Left Shift key malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left Shift key malfunctioning: When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is written in caps, I thought that the Cps lock is on but it was the left shift key that has a problem, it seemed like it is stuck...
  7. some keys (t,y, tab, caps on left side, backspace) no longer work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    some keys (t,y, tab, caps on left side, backspace) no longer work.: some keys (t,y, tab, caps on left side, backspace) no longer work. I have updated the Lenovo software. it started around 4/15/19. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-ty-tab-caps-on-left-side-backspace-no/fb6db7f3-2aff-48bd-beb6-7ffe8f90ae62
  8. Left shift not working

Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...
  9. Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus

Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working on Asus: Hello, my Left shift, tab, numbers, 1,3,5,6,8,] not working. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/left-shift-tab-numbers-13568-not-working-on-asus/2aac4955-3221-4998-9218-750c0dae9104
  10. Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left shift key, caps lock, and tab key not working after updating computer to windows 10.: Basically in what the subject says, those keys have just stopped working after updating to windows 10. My shift on the other side of the keyboard still works but that doesn't help much when the left side doesn't work, nor does my caps lock or tab key work....