Windows 10: Left side audio only in headphones

Discus and support Left side audio only in headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was listening to a song on youtube and suddenly only my left headphone was playing, i changed the heaphones USB ones to apple's 3.5mm jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthieu Morin, May 4, 2020.

1. Left side audio only in headphones

I was listening to a song on youtube and suddenly only my left headphone was playing, i changed the heaphones USB ones to apple's 3.5mm jack earphones... and it still didn't work. Then I plugged in samsung earphones... still only one side plying.

I was looking through microsoft answers and Realtek guides nothing helped I was solving this for about 10 hrs

I reinstalled the Realtek HD audio and nothing, restarted my computer, roll backed the drivers, changed the balance.

Only this guys video brought me back the audio manager, so at least my speakers which were also one side only working work properly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-dS9hH3ZU&ab_channel=OldGuyGeekTechTips

Still my headphones dont work.

:)

Matthieu Morin, May 4, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 4, 2020
  3. Audio issues with only the left side of headphones/earphones work.

Hi Charlie,

The port of the device could be the culprit why only the left side of your headphones works. A hardware or software changes could also be the reason for this kind of issue. However, let's not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in Windows Settings. Simply search for
    Troubleshoot in the start menu. Under Find and fix other problems, click on
    Hardware and Devices. We also suggest that you run the audio test for your headphones in Hardware and Sound. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Go to Control Panel, then click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Manage audio devices.
    • Click on Headphones, then Configure at the bottom right.
    • Run the test, and see if both sides of your headphones are working there.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, May 4, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Left side audio only in headphones

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Left side audio only in headphones

1. Left side audio only in headphones - Similar Threads - Left side audio

2. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  3. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  4. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. only left side of headset plays audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only left side of headset plays audio: Like the title says, only the left side plays audio. I've done many things like balancing the audio in settings, reinstalling drivers, using different headset, etc. none of those fixed the issue. is there anything else i can do?...
  6. only left side of headset plays audio

only left side of headset plays audio: Like the title says, only the left side plays audio. I've done many things like balancing the audio in settings, reinstalling drivers, using different headset, etc. none of those fixed the issue. is there anything else i can do?...
  7. Headphones only play left channel on both sides.

Headphones only play left channel on both sides.: I got some headphones recently and they only play the left channel on both sides. Mono audio is turned off.Any help would be nice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-only-play-left-channel-on-both-sides/5c52e048-b69b-4c6f-9ff0-7ba22e181375
  8. Headphones only play left channel on both sides.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones only play left channel on both sides.: I got some headphones recently and they only play the left channel on both sides. Mono audio is turned off.Any help would be nice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-only-play-left-channel-on-both-sides/5c52e048-b69b-4c6f-9ff0-7ba22e181375
  9. Headphones only play left channel on both sides.

10. Computer only sends audio to left side of any headphones

Computer only sends audio to left side of any headphones: Whenever I use any headphones/earphones, audio comes only from the left side. I know it's my computer because I use a USB adapter for my headphones and tried plugging ear phones into the actual headphones port and behold the same problem occured. I also use wallpaper engine...