Windows 10: Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...

Discus and support Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since some recent update, I can't keep the left side menu open that shows all my different inboxes and folders. First it was downgraded by MS to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DreStackems, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...

Since some recent update, I can't keep the left side menu open that shows all my different inboxes and folders.

First it was downgraded by MS to only be visible when in full-screen.

Now it's even worse and forces itself to collapse in full-screen as well.

This has took a huge hit on my productivity and I cannot use the app any longer at this point. I really like how fast and fluid it is, but I don't understand why updates take productivity features away from users. At least give us an option to keep the menu expanded.

The trend of trying to imitate apple by removing preferences, and sacrificing productivity for screen estate needs to stop.

I just want to use the mail app with the sidebar menu staying visible without it constantly collapsing anytime a click, thus having to reopen it over and over again.

Why take something that works perfectly fine, and ruin it? Seems to be the trend in software devs these days.

:)

DreStackems, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 12, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 12, 2020
  4. cyber_guy Win User

Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...

Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing

How to prevent the collapsing of the left pane listing all the accounts in Windows Mail.

It's about Windows 10 Mail, not about Outlook. This question has already be posted last year and the answers were all about Outlook.

cyber_guy, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been...

1. Left side menu in Mail App keeps collapsing - Didn't do this before. App has been... - Similar Threads - Left side menu

2. How to pin left Mail Menu in Mail and Calendar app on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin left Mail Menu in Mail and Calendar app on Windows 10?: I have two Windows 10 PC's, both laptops. Both use the default Mail app. However, one PC displays the full "left Mail Menu" whilst the other shows only a minimal sidebar of the "left Mail Menu".It is easier to understand by images:WHAT I HAVE minimal sidebar of the "left Mail...
  3. How to pin left Mail Menu in Mail and Calendar app on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin left Mail Menu in Mail and Calendar app on Windows 10?: I have two Windows 10 PC's, both laptops. Both use the default Mail app. However, one PC displays the full "left Mail Menu" whilst the other shows only a minimal sidebar of the "left Mail Menu".It is easier to understand by images:WHAT I HAVE minimal sidebar of the "left Mail...
  4. File browser has no left hand side menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File browser has no left hand side menu: I cant access any of my files, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-browser-has-no-left-hand-side-menu/1dde27a2-252a-48e2-afb0-ab81d2f01a2d
  5. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  6. Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/guccifyyyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqmi4q/cant_open_uwp_apps_the_application_has_not_been/
  7. Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing

Windows 10 mail left pane collapsing: How to prevent the collapsing of the left pane listing all the accounts in Windows Mail. It's about Windows 10 Mail, not about Outlook. This question has already be posted last year and the answers were all about Outlook....
  8. mail account panel keeps collapsing

mail account panel keeps collapsing: I have multiple email accounts that I view in Microsoft Mail. The window on the left keeps collapsing every time I open a message. How do I keep it open so I can see all of my accounts?...
  9. Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated: At least for me anyway mail app now shows live messages on the tile and under options one can turn off conversation mode. [img] [img] 22102
  10. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456