Windows 10: Left side of my headphones stopped working.

Discus and support Left side of my headphones stopped working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got done replacing a fan, then hit the inside of my PC with compressed air for a couple of minutes to clean it, but when I finished and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/statihc, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Left side of my headphones stopped working.

I just got done replacing a fan, then hit the inside of my PC with compressed air for a couple of minutes to clean it, but when I finished and I started using my PC I realized the left side of my headphones stopped working. I thought the cable just broke or something, but when I tried with another pair the same exact thing happened. I already checked the audio levels in control panel and they're both balanced out, so I have no idea what could be causing this. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/statihc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/statihc, Feb 2, 2021

2. Headphone stops working randomly.

Hi,

As per the description, the issue might be caused due to damage in the port. I suggest you to connect another headphone and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with the hardware.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Audio issues with only the left side of headphones/earphones work.

Hi Charlie,

The port of the device could be the culprit why only the left side of your headphones works. A hardware or software changes could also be the reason for this kind of issue. However, let's not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in Windows Settings. Simply search for
    Troubleshoot in the start menu. Under Find and fix other problems, click on
    Hardware and Devices. We also suggest that you run the audio test for your headphones in Hardware and Sound. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Go to Control Panel, then click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Manage audio devices.
    • Click on Headphones, then Configure at the bottom right.
    • Run the test, and see if both sides of your headphones are working there.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Carlos Tin, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Left side of my headphones stopped working.

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Left side of my headphones stopped working.

1. Left side of my headphones stopped working. - Similar Threads - Left side headphones

2. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  3. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  4. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop is causing the left side of my headphones to break

My laptop is causing the left side of my headphones to break: I've broken 4 headphones thus far 2 wired and 2 wireless after plugging them to chargethe left side of the headphones just stops playing sound after i plug them into my laptopthe left side stops working on any other devices tooI've never encountered such a thing before there...
  6. My laptop is causing the left side of my headphones to break

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is causing the left side of my headphones to break: I've broken 4 headphones thus far 2 wired and 2 wireless after plugging them to chargethe left side of the headphones just stops playing sound after i plug them into my laptopthe left side stops working on any other devices tooI've never encountered such a thing before there...
  7. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  8. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  9. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

10. Left side audio only in headphones

Left side audio only in headphones: I was listening to a song on youtube and suddenly only my left headphone was playing, i changed the heaphones USB ones to apple's 3.5mm jack earphones... and it still didn't work. Then I plugged in samsung earphones... still only one side plying. I was looking through...