Windows 10: Left Side Sharing Popout

Discus and support Left Side Sharing Popout in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all I am new so please be gentle- I would appreciate any help on how to stop the very annoying sharing popout on the left of my screen on a lot of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Danf, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Danf Win User

Left Side Sharing Popout

Hi all
    I am new so please be gentle- I would appreciate any help on how to stop the very annoying sharing popout on the left of my screen on a lot of sites I go to.

I have seen small grey "close" arrow and do so but it immediately comes back again.

I do not use any social media at all so would like to disable this permanently.

I apologise if this has been asked before because I would not know what to search for.

:)

Danf, Jan 1, 2018

2. WIN10 file explorer - how to remove multiple items from pinned list

Right click on the folder and click on Properties at the bottom of the popout. This will tell you where the folder really is.

The rumpelstiltz folder is in the root of C:

But the pinned list is the quick access list in the upper left of the explorer window - and rclick on that gives me no additional info.

I've located the file that stores the data of folders pinned, (see above) but its in an unusual format

john-errington, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Black Screen on Left Side of screenshot

When I take a screenshot of my Surface Pro 4, the left side of the screenshot is totally black, and the right side only shows the left half of my window.

Is that a problem of the display setting? It also affects the screen-sharing in a web meeting.

sk2rq1nr1vd1, Jan 1, 2018
  4. torre Win User

Left Side Sharing Popout

Welcome !

Best to post a screenshot to show exactly the issue.

Which browser ? Check settings in the browser to try to locate an option to eliminate sharing.

Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

torre, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Danf Win User
    Thanks for reply, attached is image of flyout

Danf, Jan 2, 2018
  6. torre Win User
    Which browser ?

Review your browser settings and Win10 settings to determine if you can eliminate sharing options.

Hopefully, others will review this thread and provide more input.

torre, Jan 2, 2018
  7. Danf Win User
    Both Edge and Chrome show this flyout and I am not sure I know how to block all sharing.

I will check all options in settings for both browsers and go from there

Thanks

Danf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Left Side Sharing Popout

1. Left Side Sharing Popout - Similar Threads - Left Side Sharing

2. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  3. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound in left side of headphones: Hi I recently bought Logitech g 335 headphones and they had a malfunction I swaped them with new ones and tested at the store but got home and plugged it in and there was only sound on one side. I could not find a balance option in sound I searched everywhere I use windows 10...
  4. No sound in left side of headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. task bar left side of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar left side of screen: Why did MS take away the feature to move the task bar to the sides of the screen. I have been using a surface with a wide screen since the surface 2. I always put the task bar on the side of the screen. Now we cannot do this. Very disappointed....
  6. Headset much louder on right side than left side

Headset much louder on right side than left side: I unplugged my wireless headset and plugged it back in and all of a sudden the right ear was way louder than the left one and I saw tutorials to go into sound and change the balance but there is no balance option there....
  7. Left Side Pointers for Mouse

Left Side Pointers for Mouse: Recently I had an injury to my Right Wrist To handle mouse, i switched primary and secondary buttons. But i see all the mouse pointers available only for right side operators. could you please help me to get left side pointers regards Swaminathan...
  8. Programs in left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs in left side of the desktop: how to show the list of the programs in left side of the Desktop (Icons) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-in-left-side-of-the-desktop/0ff5beb6-ecc8-49b4-b0f7-ae7d290ae6b1
  9. Extra mousebuttons (Left side)

Extra mousebuttons (Left side): I've got 2 extra mouse buttons at the left side of my mouse. I wanna assign that buttons to play games. But when i push the first button, the windows menu shows up (Windows key) and when I push the second one, the tab closes. Where can i control this option, if i wanna assign...
  10. Left Side Cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Side Cutoff: First time user, today, the left side of my monitor screens are cut off, can't see the icons and same when I use my email. Cant recall doing anything to cause this misbehavior. Any advise be much appreciated. 34802