Windows 10: Leftover, Bugged Folders

Discus and support Leftover, Bugged Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I renamed my user folder including the required changes in Computer Management and Registry Editor. It glitched my iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xXNoony, Nov 28, 2020.

1. xXNoony Win User

Leftover, Bugged Folders

I renamed my user folder including the required changes in Computer Management and Registry Editor.

It glitched my iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos folders in the file explorer main menu and caused other problems, so I reverted back.

Still, there are these two blank folders.

They don't open, and cannot be interacted with. When I do "pin to Quick Access," it says: "ClassFactory cannot supply request class." Their properties are blank. Any other option just doesn't do anything tried to copy-paste and nothing appeared.

Since then I reinstalled iCloud and there are two new, functional folders, but the broken ones remain.

Is there any way to remove them? They're an inconvenience.
    Leftover, Bugged Folders 956b20c6-a9cc-4d3e-8177-88bd8131953c?upload=true.png Leftover, Bugged Folders 089bf86a-9939-4bd0-88ac-dc38ad008d5f?upload=true.png Leftover, Bugged Folders 4ffc3e33-0e15-418e-bf66-5fb6a1972553?upload=true.png

:)

xXNoony, Nov 28, 2020
  2. slurzz Win User

Unable to delete leftovers folder from previous windows install

Hi,

I'm unable to delete a folder getting the Folder Access Denied window. I have tried deleting by:

rmdir /q /s LEFTOV~1

but still get the error below:

LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DAO\dao360.dll - Access is denied.

LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\Alphabet.xml - Access is denied.

LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\ar-SA\tipresx.dll.mui - Access is denied.

LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\bg-BG\tipresx.dll.mui - Access is denied.

LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\Content.xml - Access is denied.

LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\cs-CZ\tipresx.dll.mui - Access is denied.

there are a number of other subfolders, mainly all .DLLS or .XMLs

I have tried taking ownership of the folder by running: takeown /f D:\Downloads\LEFTOV~1

This does not help.

I am open to suggestions please. Thanks

slurzz, Nov 28, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Leftover, Bugged Folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Leftover, Bugged Folders

1. Leftover, Bugged Folders - Similar Threads - Leftover Bugged Folders

2. Leftover from update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leftover from update: Hi, I got a windows.old file after the 20H1-H2 update. I've found in the thread, closed now, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windowsold-normally-appear-after-win-10/3d1ecdec-844f-40bb-a115-1b4e8a7c7985 that I can safely get rid of this, and how. I...
  3. Unable to delete leftovers folder from previous windows install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete leftovers folder from previous windows install: Hi, I'm unable to delete a folder getting the Folder Access Denied window. I have tried deleting by: rmdir /q /s LEFTOV~1 but still get the error below: LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DAO\dao360.dll - Access is denied. LEFTOV~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\ink\Alphabet.xml - Access...
  4. How to remove leftover OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove leftover OneDrive folder: Basically I removed an old institutional account from my pc and removed it from one drive, or at least I thought because it's still in the file manager since then (more than 3 months ago) and I can't find a way to remove it. I have another personal folder + another...
  5. Leftover HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Leftover HD: Got a new Omen that only has two HD drive bays. Previous PC had 3. So, using Mini Partition tool, I formatted the leftover 2TB drive. Got rid of everything I didn't need or want except the drive titles: HP 2TB (C:) and HP Recovery (D). Is there a way to delete these drive...
  6. Leftovers registry files

in Windows 10 Support
    Leftovers registry files: I just manually uninstall some apps from my computer and i was thinking about some leftover registry files because i uninstall it manually without uninstaller. Do i need to clean my registry with 3rd software? If so what should i use? Or i can just safely ignore them? Also i...
  7. AVG leftovers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG leftovers: Hello, Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry. Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed...
  8. Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Leftover Folder after Creator upgrade: Disk cleanup did remove \Windows Old, but there is another folder. Running Pro and the folder is C:\windows10upgrade Does anyone else have this and what to do with it ? Only has 19 mb in it. Tnx 86200
  9. Windows.old leftover (Solved)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old leftover (Solved): After finally getting the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to install, as expected, I had a WIndows.0ld file. Following instructions posted here and elsewhere, I used Disc Cleanup to remove most of that file. There are still two folders remaining in Windows.old from...
  10. Can't Delete Windows.old because of leftover DriverStore folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete Windows.old because of leftover DriverStore folders: After waiting for some indication of what to do with my existing Windows 10.0.240 installation I decided to bite the bullet and just download the Media Creation Tool. I then allowed it to "upgrade" my existing Windows 10 install, a process that went smoothly until I tried to...