Windows 10: Leftover from update

Discus and support Leftover from update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I got a windows.old file after the 20H1-H2 update. I've found in the thread, closed now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by George XY, Nov 22, 2020.

1. George XY Win User

Leftover from update

Hi,

I got a windows.old file after the 20H1-H2 update. I've found in the thread, closed now, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windowsold-normally-appear-after-win-10/3d1ecdec-844f-40bb-a115-1b4e8a7c7985 that I can safely get rid of this, and how. I did.

First, I'd appreciate some clarification on 'That should only appear when upgrading from a previous version of Windows, or if an in-place upgrade was performed on the PC.' I had 1909 version before, so what does this mean?

Second, I still have a folder Windows10Upgrade, and a file $WINRE_BACKUP_PARTITION.MARKER

Do I need these, if not how to safely remove them?

Thanks a lot.

:)

George XY, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Motim Win User

AVG leftovers

Hello,
    Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry.
    Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed programs list, "Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables".
    Is "Microsoft Visual C++" the same, then I can remove this AVG leftover ?
    Attached screenshot.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

Motim, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Leftover from update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 22, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Leftover from update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Leftover from update

1. Leftover from update - Similar Threads - Leftover update

2. I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...: I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to delete the folder it doesn't show anything. For context, this is a leftover folder which I have deleted most of the files already, but now only this folder is left behind and cannot be...
  3. I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...: I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to delete the folder it doesn't show anything. For context, this is a leftover folder which I have deleted most of the files already, but now only this folder is left behind and cannot be...
  4. Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive: - So, presumably from an old install of the Xbox app, I have installations of Halo MCC, Starbound, Conan Exiles, and PIllars of Eternity 2 on my computer. The issue being that these are stored on two "Program Files" folders across two drives, which then goes into a...
  5. Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive: - So, presumably from an old install of the Xbox app, I have installations of Halo MCC, Starbound, Conan Exiles, and PIllars of Eternity 2 on my computer. The issue being that these are stored on two "Program Files" folders across two drives, which then goes into a...
  6. Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive

7. I have leftovers from uninstall

I have leftovers from uninstall: I installed Magix Sound Forge in the past and I am left with some leftovers. The only time it shows up is when I right click a mp3 file. I have uninstalled properly and have deleted files from the registry plus disk cleanup. It shouldn't be on this computer anywhere but it...
  8. I have leftovers from uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have leftovers from uninstall: I installed Magix Sound Forge in the past and I am left with some leftovers. The only time it shows up is when I right click a mp3 file. I have uninstalled properly and have deleted files from the registry plus disk cleanup. It shouldn't be on this computer anywhere but it...
  9. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  10. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....