Windows 10: Leftovers registry files

Discus and support Leftovers registry files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just manually uninstall some apps from my computer and i was thinking about some leftover registry files because i uninstall it manually without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Leftovers registry files

I just manually uninstall some apps from my computer and i was thinking about some leftover registry files because i uninstall it manually without uninstaller. Do i need to clean my registry with 3rd software? If so what should i use? Or i can just safely ignore them?
    Also i would like to know if there is default app from Windows to clean your registry.
    Thanks

:)

mikelferdinan, Dec 29, 2018
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Motim Win User
    AVG leftovers

Hello,
    Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry.
    Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed programs list, "Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables".
    Is "Microsoft Visual C++" the same, then I can remove this AVG leftover ?
    Attached screenshot.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

Motim, Dec 29, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Leftovers registry files

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Leftovers registry files

1. Leftovers registry files - Similar Threads - Leftovers registry files

2. Leftover from update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Leftover from update: Hi, I got a windows.old file after the 20H1-H2 update. I've found in the thread, closed now, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windowsold-normally-appear-after-win-10/3d1ecdec-844f-40bb-a115-1b4e8a7c7985 that I can safely get rid of this, and how. I...
  3. Leftover HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Leftover HD: Got a new Omen that only has two HD drive bays. Previous PC had 3. So, using Mini Partition tool, I formatted the leftover 2TB drive. Got rid of everything I didn't need or want except the drive titles: HP 2TB (C:) and HP Recovery (D). Is there a way to delete these drive...
  4. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  5. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  6. Registry files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry files: Can anyone explain how to remove these registry files in CCLEANER ? Application path issues which keep appearing each time I boot up even after removing them ! By right clicking on each file a menu opens allowing me to open Regedit where each one is listed. The question is...
  7. Registry Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Files: Greetings, I would like to change the double click behaviour of .reg files in Windows 10, so that when I double click, the file opens for editing. When opening file and folder options, there is no longer a file type tab. Is there a registry hack or another settings...
  8. AVG leftovers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG leftovers: Hello, Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry. Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed...
  9. Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files": I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, with Revo Uninstaller installed. I've been using this for a long time and it always hangs for a while on "scanning for leftover files". Tonight I tried using it to uninstall Avira (want to reinstall this, having issues), and it...
  10. Windows.old leftover (Solved)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old leftover (Solved): After finally getting the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to install, as expected, I had a WIndows.0ld file. Following instructions posted here and elsewhere, I used Disc Cleanup to remove most of that file. There are still two folders remaining in Windows.old from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Software Cleaner to find leftover registry Files

2. how to cleanup win7 registry with left over visio files

3. left over registrys

4. how to find leftover files in windows registry