Windows 10: Legacy 9 Hints being blocked

Discus and support Legacy 9 Hints being blocked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem with Legacy 9 "Hints". I am told by the Legacy Support Team that it is a problem with Windows 10 Security or with my Router Security.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gazza1158, May 29, 2017.

1. Gazza1158 Win User

Legacy 9 Hints being blocked

I have a problem with Legacy 9 "Hints". I am told by the Legacy Support Team that it is a problem with Windows 10 Security or with my Router Security. I have switched off the Firewall and my Antivirus program to no avail. I have adjusted the security level to 1
    Thanks

:)

Gazza1158, May 29, 2017
  2. Gazza_890 Win User

Program being blocked by windows

I am a Genealogist and use a program called Legacy 9. This program has a new feature called "Hints". Hints searches web sites to find similar people. Sadly this feature does not work. I have been in contact with the Company that produces Legacy 9 and tried
    to remedy this fault with out success. The company has now given up trying to fix it, stating that it is a fault of Windows 10 Security. The things I have tried are Turning off the Firewall, Antivirus Program. Add a exception to the Firewall and many other
    things. Any Help would be much appreciated.

Legacy 9 Hints being blocked [​IMG]
    s

Gazza_890, May 29, 2017
  3. Launchpad S not recognized in Windows 10

I have a 'legacy' midi controller (Novation Launchpad S) that is not being recognized by Windows 10 - not showing up in the devices menu, absolutely nothing. Ableton Live 9 was reinstalled with the latest version. I've done everything I know and still
    nothing. Please advise.

Omachronic, May 29, 2017
Thema:

Legacy 9 Hints being blocked

1. Legacy 9 Hints being blocked - Similar Threads - Legacy Hints being

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Microsoft hints at modernizing legacy areas of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft hints at modernizing legacy areas of Windows 10: Microsoft is in the process of finalizing the Windows Sun Valley, otherwise known as “next of generation of Windows”, ahead of its announcement on June 24. As part of that, there were a number of small design tweaks like rounded corners in the preview builds, but it looks...
  4. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  5. Actions being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions being blocked: I been getting notifications of Blocked access. I thought this was protecting my computer but now it's not letting me complete a Restart. It says administrator has blocked access through the Controlled folder access of the Windows Security Ransomeware Protection. Should I...
  6. legacy program is blocked by administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    legacy program is blocked by administrator: My computer has locked a program that I use all the time. Error displayed is "for your protection an administrator has locked/blocked this program". help is greatly appreciated Kougot...
  7. Chrome is not being blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome is not being blocked: I have Google Chrome "blocked" in all of my children's accounts but they can still use chrome on their computers. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-not-being-blocked/288a942f-29d3-4278-b09f-d13250eb6e9c
  8. Port is being blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port is being blocked: For context I have used the port in the past on different computers just fine, I have port forwarded in the past with no issue. For some odd reason yesterday my port 25565 was being blocked for no reason, I ended up having the reset my router (ISP instructions) and my Netgear...
  9. `Hints and ???

in Windows 10 Support
    `Hints and ???: What do you call those little pictures that popup when you rollover the taskbar icons? And how can you turn them off. I did it once but forgot how. Don Cole 126941
  10. Legacy software not being listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy software not being listed: Hi all, I upgraded to 10 a few days ago and have found that, although previously installed software is still installed and accessible, they are not being listed in the "All Apps" list and also not in the Uninstall list (only software installed since the upgrade is in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legacy 9 hints