Windows 10: Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586

Discus and support Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This question I'm sure has been addressed many times, yes? I just made a purchase of a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1. The system is a pearl accept for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lintek25475, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586

This question I'm sure has been addressed many times, yes? I just made a purchase of a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1. The system is a pearl accept for the font display in the legacy applications and OS widgets. The only solution seems to be to adjust the font scaling and set the DPI value to 125%. This makes everything smaller, yuck! My question, has anyone seen the same on any build 10586 system and then see the problem go away by installing the August update build 14393? Because that is the only software related change I haven't tried. Updating Intel display drivers had no effect.

:)

lintek25475, Aug 10, 2016
  2. lintekPC Win User

Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586

This question I'm sure has been addressed many times, yes? I just made a purchase of a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1. The system is a pearl accept for the font display in the legacy applications and OS widgets. The only solution seems to be to adjust the
    font scaling and set the DPI value to 125%. This makes everything smaller, yuck! My question, has anyone seen the same on any build 10586 system and then see the problem go away by installing the August update build 14393? Because that is the only software
    related change I haven't tried. Updating Intel display drivers had no effect.

lintekPC, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586

Hello,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with legacy applications font scaling is blurry in Build 10586 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to try installing the display drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows,
    please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program
    Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with
    Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab.

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 10, 2016
  4. zekeblue Win User

zekeblue, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Thanks for the tip..
    Let me experiment a bit.. does it work for 4k monitors scalingissues as well ??

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  6. zekeblue Win User
    That I don't know as I have a 1080p display.

zekeblue, Aug 10, 2016
  7. AndreyT Win User
    The blurry scaling issue was present in the original Windows 10. Then it was fixed in Windows 10 Update 1511. And it stayed fixed for a long while. There was no need for any "DPI fix" utilities. People began to forget they ever had this problem.

However, in one of the pre-AU updated Microsoft suddenly reverted the fix somehow (or reintroduced it in some other way) and now this issue is back

Font scaling issues are back after the recent update! - Windows 10 Forums

AU does not fix it either. So now we have this problem back full strength.

WTH they are doing there at Microsoft is not entirely clear to me. My guess would be that they are completely unaware about this issue going away and then coming back. It is just out of control at this time.

AndreyT, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

MS have screwed up as mentioned above. Find the .exe file for the offending legacy application and set "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" under the Compatibility tab. Does that help?

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Legacy applications font scaling is blurry in build 10586 - Similar Threads - Legacy applications font

2. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  5. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  6. [Help] Windows 10 Build 1909 Blurry fonts

[Help] Windows 10 Build 1909 Blurry fonts: Hello, I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 and the font looks horrible everywhere, apps, explorers, settings, etc. I've tried everything on google that I could find (registry, fresh driver installs, ClearType, adjust for best appearance, the custom scale at...
  7. Blurry fonts in some applications

Blurry fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] Faced the problem of blurring the fonts of some applications (presumably using / written using node.js). Observed in visual studio installer and VS Code. Problems started after installing Elixir through the chocolatey package manager. It all looks something like...
  8. Grey font on menus and blurry fonts on some applications - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey font on menus and blurry fonts on some applications - Windows 10: Hello, This issue as been widely discussed here but I could not yet fix this problem. One way seems to change the gamma settings but I can not find them on my computer. Can anyone help? I want to make the fonts black. I have na Asus with intel i7. Thanks....
  9. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  10. Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...