Windows 10: Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform

Discus and support Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Intel Announcement Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platforms Technical Advisory 163551 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ztruker, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020

Read more: Intel: We're ending all legacy BIOS support by 2020 | ZDNet

See also: http://www.uefi.org/sites/default/fi...ntel_Final.pdf

Brink, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020

Read more: Intel: We're ending all legacy BIOS support by 2020 | ZDNet

See also: http://www.uefi.org/sites/default/fi...ntel_Final.pdf

Brink, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform

Support Had Me Change From UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS Re: DISASTER

This was Acronis True Image 2018 support not MS or Lenovo (P51). Those familiar with True Image know that you can create bootable media on a flash drive to run the software. No problem with True Image 2017 but True Image 2018 did not work. Although the flash drive loaded the program the GUI was garbled and I was unable to navigate. Support had me switch from UEFI back to Legacy and that was a bad idea. Sorry for the caps but this was what I wrote back to Acronis support. FYI the rest of the message was not in caps:

SUPPORT: I have discussed this issue with the Experts team and they have suggested testing whether changing from UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS fixes the issue or not. This step is suggested for testing purpose only.
    THAT WAS A TERRIBLE SUGGESTION. I WENT INTO THE BIOS AND DID AS YOU INSTRUCTED AND CHANGED FROM UEFI TO LEGACY. I CLICKED EXIT AND SAVE AND WITH THE FLASH DRIVE PLUGGED IN THE 2018 BOOTABLE MEDIA I WENT TO BOOT MENU OPTIONS AND CHOOSE BOOT FROM FLASH DRIVE AND I WAS DROPPED BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU OPTION. SEE ENCLOSED PICTURE. I THEN SELECTED BOOT FROM THE SSD DRIVE AND I WAS AGAIN STUCK IN A LOOP THAT DROPPED ME BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU OPTION. I THEN TRIED BOOTING FROM THE SECOND INTERNAL HDD OPTION AND AGAIN WAS DROPPED BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU. I COULD NOT GET BACK INTO THE BIOS TO CHANGE BACK TO UEFI FROM LEGACY. I HAD TO DO A HARD SHUTDOWN AND POWER BACK ON AND ONLY THEN WAS I ABLE TO GET INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE BACK FROM LEGACY TO UEFI.

This is a pic of the loop I was caught up in. Why do you all think I was not able to boot either from the flash drive or the SSD or the HDD once I changed from UEFI to Legacy in the BIOS? TIA.

Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform

1. Legacy BIOS Boot Support Removal for Intel Platform - Similar Threads - Legacy BIOS Boot

2. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  3. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  4. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Legacy Boot is greyed out in BIOS

in Windows 10 News
    Legacy Boot is greyed out in BIOS: [IMG]UEFI and Legacy are the two modes of BIOS. The UEFI mode of BIOS has several advantages over the Legacy BIOS mode. That’s why the Legacy BIOS mode has become less popular after the introduction of UEFI. Some of the advantages of UEFI include a faster booting process,...
  6. Intel Rapid Storage Technology platform is not supported

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology platform is not supported: [ATTACH]IRST or Intel Rapid Storage Technology is developed by Intel for computers running on Windows operating systems. It offers greater levels of performance and reliability to the computers equipped with SATA or PCIe drives. When you are using one or multiple Serial ATA...
  7. Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 64 bit on a Pentium E5400 which was not supposed to be supported according to this table: Does My Intel(R) Processor Support Microsoft Windows(R) 10? It's Wolfdale and it worked with build 1809. What does it mean? Because I want to...
  8. legacy bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  9. Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  10. Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Removing Legacy BIOS Support from Motherboard UEFI in 2020: Intel is working on a plan to remove so-called "last-mile" barriers to killing off legacy BIOS by requiring UEFI Class 3, which doesn't expose legacy BIOS interfaces. BIOS is the firmware that helped older PCs boot up after powering on and offered a runtime for the...