Windows 10: Legacy Boot and Windows 11

Discus and support Legacy Boot and Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I want to know if you can run windows 11 with the Legacy Boot? Can i?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MicrosoftUser1BD, May 14, 2022.

1. Legacy Boot and Windows 11

So I want to know if you can run windows 11 with the Legacy Boot? Can i?

:)

MicrosoftUser1BD, May 14, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 14, 2022
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, May 14, 2022
  4. ram93 Win User

Legacy Boot and Windows 11

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Legacy Boot and Windows 11

1. Legacy Boot and Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Legacy Boot

2. I changed to Legacy boot from UEFI now I want to go back/fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed to Legacy boot from UEFI now I want to go back/fix it.: I have an acer laptop with two hard disks, a primary 256GB SSD windows OS drive and a 1TB HDD with an external cooling pad for the laptop that draws power from the laptop.Two days back my laptop switched got off because my battery died and when I pugged it in and started the...
  3. I changed to Legacy boot from UEFI now I want to go back/fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed to Legacy boot from UEFI now I want to go back/fix it.: I have an acer laptop with two hard disks, a primary 256GB SSD windows OS drive and a 1TB HDD with an external cooling pad for the laptop that draws power from the laptop.Two days back my laptop switched got off because my battery died and when I pugged it in and started the...
  4. I changed to Legacy boot from UEFI now I want to go back/fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Legacy Boot and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Boot and Windows 11: So I want to know if you can run windows 11 with the Legacy Boot? Can i? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-boot-and-windows-11/ca0b0a11-9bf0-441e-99eb-1a187aefb460
  6. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode: Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr...
  7. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode: Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr...
  8. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled: Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from...
  10. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled: Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from...