Windows 10: Legacy Boot and Windows 11

Discus and support Legacy Boot and Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I want to know if you can run windows 11 with the Legacy Boot? Can i?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MicrosoftUser1BD, May 14, 2022.

1. Legacy Boot and Windows 11

So I want to know if you can run windows 11 with the Legacy Boot? Can i?

:)

MicrosoftUser1BD, May 14, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 14, 2022
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, May 14, 2022
  4. ram93 Win User

Legacy Boot and Windows 11

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Legacy Boot and Windows 11

1. Legacy Boot and Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Legacy Boot

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.

Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.: Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT plus i have installed it while my bios was in ufei mode. I tried re-installing the windows but faced same problem. Didn't face the problem as soon as i finished installing windows , i updated...
  5. Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.: Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT plus i have installed it while my bios was in ufei mode. I tried re-installing the windows but faced same problem. Didn't face the problem as soon as i finished installing windows , i updated...
  6. Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Changed to UEFI in bios from Legacy and now i boot up slower and lag while playing games

Changed to UEFI in bios from Legacy and now i boot up slower and lag while playing games: Hi. I use a dell xps 15 i9 4070 and i'm experiencing a slow down from previous time. A week ago I disabled some processes that are in the background. I disabled every process besides the microsoft ones and i think that is amounting to my issue. I'm trying to update the bios...
  8. Changed to UEFI in bios from Legacy and now i boot up slower and lag while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to UEFI in bios from Legacy and now i boot up slower and lag while playing games: Hi. I use a dell xps 15 i9 4070 and i'm experiencing a slow down from previous time. A week ago I disabled some processes that are in the background. I disabled every process besides the microsoft ones and i think that is amounting to my issue. I'm trying to update the bios...
  9. How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?: Help Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-boot-into-legacy-or-can-i-while-my/f06d95a9-9bff-498a-b379-fb5ed9bb6b86
  10. How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?

How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?: Help Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-boot-into-legacy-or-can-i-while-my/f06d95a9-9bff-498a-b379-fb5ed9bb6b86