Windows 10: Legacy component folder missing

Discus and support Legacy component folder missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to play Lords of Magic SE from GOG and I get an error code 0x800F080C and when I click ok I get another error code of 0xc0000022.Searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaWood09, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Legacy component folder missing

I am trying to play Lords of Magic SE from GOG and I get an error code 0x800F080C and when I click ok I get another error code of 0xc0000022.Searching these forums it suggests turning on DirectPlay from the Legacy Component folder, only I don't have that.I have windows 10 version 21H1 and press Windows Key + R and type in optional features. That pulls up the "Turn Windows features on or off" but does not include the Legacy Component folder. How can enable DirectPlay or fix these errors so I can play this game?

:)

JoshuaWood09, Jul 29, 2021

2. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

Go into the control panel and select programs, legacy components is present and direct play is present with 1809

HARDCORE GAMES™, Jul 29, 2021
  3. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

Hey, recently tried to play HoMM4 on lan again and after failing several times I managed to figure out that my DirectPlay was not enabled, but after going to Control Panel, the Programs, then "Turn Windows features
    on/off", search for "Legacy Components" then enable DirectPlay. However the Legacy Components folder is missing completely, I have windows 10.

Mathias Selmer Jørgensen, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Legacy component folder missing

DirectPlay in Legacy Components

Im trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, but I can't run the game because of missing DirectPlay. I found out that I can enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components in windows settings, and thats the solution that everyone recommends, I'm sure it works, because
    I've done that on other PC and then it worked, but all I can see in my windows settings, is empty Legacy Components list. On other PC, there was DirectPlay on this list, but I can't find it on my PC. My version of directx is 12.

JanKurek99, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Legacy component folder missing

1. Legacy component folder missing - Similar Threads - Legacy component folder

2. The DELL folder is missing and its components are in the Desktop folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DELL folder is missing and its components are in the Desktop folder.: So originally the desktop, pictures, and video folder was located in my d: drive but they were also located in the DELL folder in Users in the C: drive and I think that the laptop was making the ones in the D: drive the original. But there was no desktop in the C: drive. So...
  3. The DELL folder is missing and its components are in the Desktop folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DELL folder is missing and its components are in the Desktop folder.: So originally the desktop, pictures, and video folder was located in my d: drive but they were also located in the DELL folder in Users in the C: drive and I think that the laptop was making the ones in the D: drive the original. But there was no desktop in the C: drive. So...
  4. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable directplay from legacy components: So i got a used computer, bla bla bla everything is good, but when i tried to play san Andreas it said i needed a directx9 version. So i downloaded it put then i searched and it said i had to enable it from "turn windows features on or off" Everytime i try turning it on it...
  5. Can't enable directplay from legacy components

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable directplay from legacy components: So i got a used computer, bla bla bla everything is good, but when i tried to play san Andreas it said i needed a directx9 version. So i downloaded it put then i searched and it said i had to enable it from "turn windows features on or off" Everytime i try turning it on it...
  6. Speaking of legacy components

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaking of legacy components: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scrumbulon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o2bhjq/speaking_of_legacy_components/
  7. Direct Play missing under Legacy components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct Play missing under Legacy components: Hi, i'm trying to play on windows 10 1803 to an old Age Of Empires games that I have on my Steam library. When I try to launch, the OS says that i'm missing some feature and, from what i read online, the problem is that direct play isn't enabled. So i looked into windows...
  8. DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectPlay and Legacy Components missing: Hey, recently tried to play HoMM4 on lan again and after failing several times I managed to figure out that my DirectPlay was not enabled, but after going to Control Panel, the Programs, then "Turn Windows features on/off", search for "Legacy Components" then enable...
  9. Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12: Hey Sorry if this has been duplicated but I cant find a question with this specific issue. Trying to play an older game and comes up with this error message: After a bit of digging I found its about DirectPlay. Find a way to enable it and go to enable it under Legacy...
  10. Legacy components and DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy components and DirectPlay: Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legacy components windows 10 download dalah