Windows 10: Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

Discus and support Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey Sorry if this has been duplicated but I cant find a question with this specific issue. Trying to play an older game and comes up with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanielKhaine, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

Hey

Sorry if this has been duplicated but I cant find a question with this specific issue.

Trying to play an older game and comes up with this error message:

After a bit of digging I found its about DirectPlay. Find a way to enable it and go to enable it under Legacy Components. DirectPlay is not specifically listed but I 'checked' the box for Legacy Components and click ok. Then comes up with this:

Then this when I click ok:

I Don't believe DirectPlay is installed on my Laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kyle

:)

DanielKhaine, Aug 12, 2018

2. DirectPlay in Legacy Components

Im trying to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, but I can't run the game because of missing DirectPlay. I found out that I can enable DirectPlay in Legacy Components in windows settings, and thats the solution that everyone recommends, I'm sure it works, because
    I've done that on other PC and then it worked, but all I can see in my windows settings, is empty Legacy Components list. On other PC, there was DirectPlay on this list, but I can't find it on my PC. My version of directx is 12.

JanKurek99, Aug 12, 2018
  3. About On/Off Legacy component

To play GTA Vice City and another Old game,

It's asking for at least DirectX version 8.1 or 9 but I have DirectX version 12.

And when I tried to on Direct Play in legacy component, It's asking to restart my PC.

I did it but the problem doesn't fixed. Again and again it's asking to restart PC.

FaHiM Bin Mohiuddin, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

How to enable DirectX 12 in Windows 10

Apex i did the following but I still receive the same error, if anyone else knows how to fix this, please help.

I have a r7 360 gigabyte amd graphics card, when i check dxdiag, it says Directx 12, I have updated my drivers many times, and have done the Legacy components checking, anyone else have a fix???

Directx12Help, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12

1. Legacy Components Error on DirectX 12 - Similar Threads - Legacy Components Error

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hello I would like to reactivate my ultimate Directx 12 in my Windows 11 I use a Dell latitude I tried all your methods up to downloading other drivers but still nothing I don't want to reinstall my system it's a headache I have too many important things let me know by email...
  3. Directx 12 errors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 errors?: While playing Final Fantasy XIV online, I keep getting a directx error. Is there a way to fix this? I am running windows 10 and have directx 12 installed. Though FF14 uses directx 11....
  4. Directx 12 errors?

Directx 12 errors?: While playing Final Fantasy XIV online, I keep getting a directx error. Is there a way to fix this? I am running windows 10 and have directx 12 installed. Though FF14 uses directx 11....
  5. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  6. Speaking of legacy components

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speaking of legacy components: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scrumbulon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o2bhjq/speaking_of_legacy_components/
  7. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  8. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 12: I have Win10 with DirectX 10. I have the latest update, and it still has DirectX 10. How do I update to DirectX 12? Regards, Larry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12/2696914f-ff2b-4bbe-a0d0-373a06316325
  9. Legacy components and DirectPlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy components and DirectPlay: Every time i try to enable Legacy components and DirectPlay a window pops up says that the changes have been made but to finish the installation the system needs to reboot but when i restart the computer Legacy components and DirectPlay are both not enabled....
  10. Directx 12

Directx 12: Hi i am new to this forum i just upgraded to windows 10, but when i run dxdiag it says directx 11.1 is this normal? Shouldn't be directx 12, can i do something to get the new directx 12 or i have to wait for an official uptade? thanks 10544