Windows 10: Legacy Driver Files

Discus and support Legacy Driver Files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My attempts to clone an SSD before installation have failed. The "System Report" error message says "AddLegacyDriverFiles". One of the articles I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GShand2, Jul 21, 2019.

1. GShand2 Win User

Legacy Driver Files

My attempts to clone an SSD before installation have failed. The "System Report" error message says "AddLegacyDriverFiles". One of the articles I read about this said Windows Update didn't carry these anymore like they used to. If anybody knows anything about this I would appreciate any information provided. Thanks.

GShand2

:)

GShand2, Jul 21, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

missing camcorder imaging device "drivers"

It looks like the manufacturer of the device you're trying to install didn't release drivers to Windows 10.

As a workaround, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer and ask for the legacy drivers of the device for Windows 7. Once you have the file of the drivers, right-click on it and choose
    Extract. Once done, add it as a legacy driver. To do so, see the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager > Action > Add legacy hardware. Follow the virtual steps to add a hardware.
    • Once done, it will show you the common hardware types; then, choose IEEE 1394 host controllers.
    • After choosing IEEE 1394 host controllers, it will show you the page to select the manufacturer and model of your hardware.
    • To choose for the legacy driver you've extracted, click Have Disk >
      Browse. Now it will show you the window to locate the file.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions above.

John Sarc, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Which version of Windows Operating system is running on your device?
    4. Is your computer connected to domain network?

This issue might be occurring possibly due to below mentioned reasons.

1. It seems like you do not have the IEEE 1394 Host Controller plugged in properly, otherwise Windows would be able to detect it (and show "Unknown Device").
    2. Windows installed the wrong driver, thus it is appearing in a different name thus you can't use it.

What I would suggest is, download the IEEE 1394 Host Controller device from the manufacturer's website, and run the Setup file there. It should replace the wrongly installed driver.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Wei Mao (MSFT) dated, July 30, 2015
    regarding the installation of FireWire Legacy drivers.

Please refer this blog
    from Microsoft
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 21, 2019
  4. JoshuaPDG Win User

Legacy Driver Files

Teredo Tunneling Adapter does not show up as a legacy MS driver. How can I download it?

I'm unable to use Teredo for parties--it is not installed. I've followed the directions to download the adapter, but it is not available as a legacy driver I can download. I have Windows 10. Any suggestions on where I can get a copy of it or other steps
    to take? Thanks.

JoshuaPDG, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Legacy Driver Files

1. Legacy Driver Files - Similar Threads - Legacy Driver Files

2. Legacy Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Drivers: I recently purchased a new laptop that's now running Windows 11 and installed my previously purchased copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Imagine my surprise when I found that, unlike with my old Windows 7 laptop, I was unable to connect my SONY camcorder to the new laptop...
  3. Legacy Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy Drivers: I recently purchased a new laptop that's now running Windows 11 and installed my previously purchased copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Imagine my surprise when I found that, unlike with my old Windows 7 laptop, I was unable to connect my SONY camcorder to the new laptop...
  4. Question about AMD legacy drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about AMD legacy drivers: Hi Are there any available drivers for the radeon HD 5000 to 7000 series cards for 1809? I'm asking because just in case I buy a card that is in the said family I wouldn't have problems installing the drivers for it. Any tutorials for installing as well? Thanks! 178936
  5. Register Legacy ActiveX File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Register Legacy ActiveX File: I am trying to re-install an older legacy program on newer Dell E5550 laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 V1909 Build 18363.900. It was installed and works properly on another older laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 Build 18363.900 However, the program was...
  6. 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10: I need a 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10 My Video camera will not work transfering Videos to the computer unless I have a 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10. Cant find one...
  7. Legacy Camera drivers

Legacy Camera drivers: I have an old Kodak easyshareC330 digital camera and a Concord Eye -Q duo 2000 and I need to get pictures off them but I can't get drivers, at least not through Geeksquad. Can anyone help?...
  8. 1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10

1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10: Hi, I have recently bought a new PC. My RME UCX Firewire interface crashes Windows 10 repeatedly, an issue which did not happen with Windows 7. I have read on numerous sites that the legacy 1394 firewire drivers will work but, having downloaded the drivers and installed them,...
  9. Legacy driver for Intel UHD 620

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy driver for Intel UHD 620: We have an image using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1607. My sys engineers tell me they can't update the version of Windows but I don't have a solid explanation why. I know a lot of you are going to say "Upgrade to the latest version of Windows" but right now I can't....
  10. Block or Unblock Legacy File System Filter Drivers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Block or Unblock Legacy File System Filter Drivers in Windows 10: How to: Block or Unblock Legacy File System Filter Drivers in Windows 10 How to Block or Unblock Legacy File System Filter Drivers in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting in Windows 10 version 1607, administrators and driver developers can use a registry setting to...