Windows 10: Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?

Discus and support Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I upgraded from 1903 to 2009 build 19043.906. 1903 had legacy Edge. Microsoft scrubbed all legacy Edge downloads from their site and it seems... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ClippyBeer, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?

So I upgraded from 1903 to 2009 build 19043.906. 1903 had legacy Edge. Microsoft scrubbed all legacy Edge downloads from their site and it seems anywhere else on the internet because they want to force everyone onto Chredge. I'm already using another Chromium based browser (Brave) so am simply not interested in Chredge. I did copy 2 subdirectories for Legacy Edge to my 2009 PC but when I click on the executable nothing happens. Is there any way to get Legacy Edge working on newer builds?

:)

ClippyBeer, Jul 2, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 2, 2021
  3. JerryGOS Win User
    Register Legacy ActiveX File

I am trying to re-install an older legacy program on newer Dell E5550 laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 V1909 Build 18363.900.
    It was installed and works properly on another older laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 Build 18363.900
    However, the program was installed a couple of years ago on a much earlier version of Windows 10 Pro.
    It appears the current Windows 10 V1909 is now blocking old ActiveX files.

I get the following: Error 1904 Module C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\sclxconn.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel. Then there is an option to try again or Exit Installation

I have tried the following:

• · I copied ‘sclxconn.ocx’ from the working laptop Syswow64 folder into the newer laptop folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder
    • · In C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe I right click "Run as Administrator"
    • · Then, at prompt, I type: regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\sclxconn.ocx
    • · I get error:
    The module "sclxconn.ocx" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found

Can someone help me with a way to register this legacy ActiveX (and I suspect more as the installation proceeds)

Thanks

JerryGOS, Jul 2, 2021
  4. LimerOS Win User

Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?

Windows 10 Pro: Can't Upgrade to a newer Build

So I installed Win 10 Pro Build 1511, the crappy Anniversary Update if I know right. However, it's support ended and I need the newest build. However, when going to Windows Update (where I opted Defer Upgrades in), and I click on Install
    Now, this happens:

• Downloading Updates. Finished without problems.
    • Preparing Updates. Finished, but at Details, it says waiting for restart.
    • Restarted.
    • This repeats indefinitely. Downloading, Preparing, Restarting.

So I can't install newer builds, and stuck with an unsecure system. Heelp!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC

LimerOS, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?

1. Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds? - Similar Threads - Legacy Edge install

2. Cannot upgrade Windows 10 to newer build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade Windows 10 to newer build: I'm trying to install an update using Windows Update mechanism. It is failing on the phase which is taking place after logoff and before reboot. My current build is 1909, and it is a modded build, not an original one.I tried both 21H1 and 22H2, the problem is with any build.I...
  3. Cannot upgrade Windows 10 to newer build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot upgrade Windows 10 to newer build: I'm trying to install an update using Windows Update mechanism. It is failing on the phase which is taking place after logoff and before reboot. My current build is 1909, and it is a modded build, not an original one.I tried both 21H1 and 22H2, the problem is with any build.I...
  4. Cannot upgrade Windows 10 to newer build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there any way to install windows precision driver that compatible on newer machine?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to install windows precision driver that compatible on newer machine?: Hi. I just wanted to ask about installing Windows precision driver on newer device? My device is Lenovo Thinkbook 14-IIL and it doesn't come with Windows precision driver. The touchpad by synaptics with device id 2B60. None of the internet trick are working, because they...
  6. Microsoft Edge Legacy

Microsoft Edge Legacy: I cannot uninstall Edge Chromium, and even though I tried all the other solutions, it says "Uninstalling Microsoft Edge is disabled by your administrator." And then there is a UAC User Account Control Prompt when I try to delete it. [ATTACH] [Domain covered for Privacy]...
  7. Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way yet to uninstall legacy Edge Browser?: My Legacy Edge browser is falling apart. The share and printing features completely stopped working. Id like to remove it completely and install the new Chromium-based Edge (Stable). I really don't like the idea of having both browsers installed on the same machine....
  8. Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build

Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build: I've been stuck on 1709 for the past couple years, since Windows would always rollback in the last stages. In the past couple of days, I tried to update a bunch of times again, but it failed every single time with the error code 0xC1900101-0x20017. I've tried installing from...
  9. any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    any alternative way to enable legacy components on windows 10?: I'm in need of a way to enable legacy components on widows 10 without using the "turn windows features on or off" thing in the control panel. The issue with that option is that when i open it, the window is blank where the features are supposed to be, i've tried every...
  10. Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build

Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build: I just reinstalled windows from a USB key and started up the updates but check for updates says "You're up to date" but I have newer builds on my other computers (1809). The time on this computer is also wrong with automatic "Set time zone automatically" option enabled and...