Windows 10: Legacy mode is not supported

Discus and support Legacy mode is not supported in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, Ive bought a brand new Laptop with no operating system (DOS) While trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB stick the following problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 2busammer, Jun 22, 2019.

1. 2busammer Win User

Legacy mode is not supported

HI,

Ive bought a brand new Laptop with no operating system (DOS)

While trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB stick the following problem occures :

I cant activate Legacy mode ,the option is not even there ! ,Only UEFI is supported .

Note that i've disabled fast boot and secure boot.

I can only access EFI Shell ,which i dont no nothing about .

I can only say that shell's ( Device mapping table) shows fs0, blk0,blk1,blk2,blk4 and all are set so <null> which i think all the peripherals including the Harddrive are disabled.

Please help me solving this !

:)

2busammer, Jun 22, 2019

2. Support Had Me Change From UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS Re: DISASTER

This was Acronis True Image 2018 support not MS or Lenovo (P51). Those familiar with True Image know that you can create bootable media on a flash drive to run the software. No problem with True Image 2017 but True Image 2018 did not work. Although the flash drive loaded the program the GUI was garbled and I was unable to navigate. Support had me switch from UEFI back to Legacy and that was a bad idea. Sorry for the caps but this was what I wrote back to Acronis support. FYI the rest of the message was not in caps:

SUPPORT: I have discussed this issue with the Experts team and they have suggested testing whether changing from UEFI to Legacy mode in BIOS fixes the issue or not. This step is suggested for testing purpose only.
    THAT WAS A TERRIBLE SUGGESTION. I WENT INTO THE BIOS AND DID AS YOU INSTRUCTED AND CHANGED FROM UEFI TO LEGACY. I CLICKED EXIT AND SAVE AND WITH THE FLASH DRIVE PLUGGED IN THE 2018 BOOTABLE MEDIA I WENT TO BOOT MENU OPTIONS AND CHOOSE BOOT FROM FLASH DRIVE AND I WAS DROPPED BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU OPTION. SEE ENCLOSED PICTURE. I THEN SELECTED BOOT FROM THE SSD DRIVE AND I WAS AGAIN STUCK IN A LOOP THAT DROPPED ME BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU OPTION. I THEN TRIED BOOTING FROM THE SECOND INTERNAL HDD OPTION AND AGAIN WAS DROPPED BACK INTO THE BOOT MENU. I COULD NOT GET BACK INTO THE BIOS TO CHANGE BACK TO UEFI FROM LEGACY. I HAD TO DO A HARD SHUTDOWN AND POWER BACK ON AND ONLY THEN WAS I ABLE TO GET INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE BACK FROM LEGACY TO UEFI.

This is a pic of the loop I was caught up in. Why do you all think I was not able to boot either from the flash drive or the SSD or the HDD once I changed from UEFI to Legacy in the BIOS? TIA.

Legacy mode is not supported [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Legacy mode is not supported

Difficulty setting BIOS to boot in Legacy mode

I tried all that is suggested by HP but it makes no difference, the Legacy mode simply refuses to stay put. I always ensure that the settings are confirmed before exiting the Setup but that's just it ... the machine always goes back to Secure Mode. Annoyingly,
    prior to the iOmega software being installed and the consequential failure to boot, I could set the PC to boot into Legacy mode with no problem if I chose to.

Watchman-34, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Legacy mode is not supported

1. Legacy mode is not supported - Similar Threads - Legacy mode supported

2. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  3. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  4. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  7. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  8. install windows in legacy mode.

install windows in legacy mode.: Hey, i had installed windows 64 bit in my pc and now i wanna go reinstall 32 bit windows. i had installed windows in a whole drifferant boot mode "windows 10 64-bit" was its name and then after that in the bios a new "others" uefi mode had the same windows as the one in...
  9. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  10. Wrong grub in legacy mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong grub in legacy mode: My configuration is composed by an SSD which contains windows, and an HDD which contains linux. During the installation of linux I wrongly installed the grub into the MBR, linux is not installed in UEFI mode. The result is that if I use UEFI mode in the Bios I see only...