Windows 10: legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

Discus and support legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by treblefree, Jul 3, 2021.

1. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and MBR and cannot remember whether the above command has spaces or not.. Thank you My OS is Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version 19043.1082 with latest updates

:)

treblefree, Jul 3, 2021

2. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ?

I remember changing another pc...is this the command ...

C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos

Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and MBR and cannot remember whether the above command has spaces or not..

Thank you

My OS is Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version 19043.1082 with latest updates

treblefree, Jul 3, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

Below is a document from Microsoft on the requirements.

you don't need UEFI if you have a TCG compliant BIOS.

So legacy mode yes you do need UEFI.

Doesn't say anything about MBR vs GPT but I am running bitlocker and it is GPT and have used GPT for all my drives with Bitlocker.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

Hope this clarify things.

SarahKong, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Saltgrass Win User

legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

Cannot convert SSD drive from legacy (MBR) to UEFI (GPT) because of the System-reserved partition

Maybe someone covered this earlier in the thread but a Legacy Windows install will not boot to a GPT configured drive. You need to use UEFI for that and UEFI will not boot to a MBR configured drive.

So, unless you have a UEFI capable system you need to stay with MBR for the Boot drive...

Saltgrass, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

1. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT - Similar Threads - legacy mode UEFI

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  4. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  6. MBR to GPT. UEFI issue HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MBR to GPT. UEFI issue HP laptop.: I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using CMD. Now in bios I have selected UEFI and disabled legacy, but OS is not booting. How do I get it to boot?...
  7. Windows 10 Clean Install - Legacy BIOS/MBR vs. UEFI/GPT

Windows 10 Clean Install - Legacy BIOS/MBR vs. UEFI/GPT: My computer is several years old, but the main boot drive was replaced less than 3 months ago. Earlier this week an attempt to apply the version 2004 update rendered the computer unbootable 0xc0000098. After much googling, trying many things, and a help forum thread, I ended...
  8. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  9. Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to convert a 500 GB hard disk MBR to a GPT to switch from Legacy to UEFI...: I'm trying to convert these MBR partitions on this hard disk available to GPT without Data Loss but failing the MBR2GPT validation to begin with. Windows Disk management Status : [ATTACH] Diskpart and MBR2GPT Validation Status: [ATTACH] Is the hard disk space not...
  10. Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker with Windows 10 and EFI/UEFI Bios and Legacy Bios + MBR or GPT disk: Hello, I've read alot online about all of the scenarios for bitlocker and using Windows 10 with TPM 2.0. I've read things that said bitlocker encryption is not possible if it's a Win 10 box with TPM 2.0 bios in Legacy mode. It must be UEFI/EFI to work. Is this correct?...