Windows 10: Legacy or uefi

Discus and support Legacy or uefi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 installing in legacy mode, or uefi but I don't have uefi option, what's next step... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KabilALan72828, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Legacy or uefi

Windows 10 installing in legacy mode, or uefi but I don't have uefi option, what's next step

:)

KabilALan72828, Oct 1, 2021
  2. 72westy Win User

Legacy to UEFI

I'm debating moving to UEFI form my now legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) the mother board is a GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev1.0 on the the following link it shows a UEFI BIOS U1J )UEFI BIOS)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68XP-UD3-rev-10#support-dl-bios

Currently I'm running the legacy F10 BIOS. Does installing the UEFI BIOS automatically take care of everything to get to the UEFI BIOS? Installing the UEFI BIOS following the instructions using the Q-flash method GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

What's steps do I take and in what order?

Much appreciated

72westy, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Quick UEFI/Legacy question

I think it used to say, BIOS mode UEFI, but could it be on legacy because my sapphire hd 7970 only have legacy, gigabyte hd 7970 have uefi?

HarvesterOfSorrow, Oct 1, 2021
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Legacy or uefi

Quick UEFI/Legacy question

Yeh "Legacy mode" not same as Native system legacy *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

Legacy or uefi

1. Legacy or uefi - Similar Threads - Legacy uefi

2. How to change form legacy to uefi mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change form legacy to uefi mode: I’m trying to install Linux on virtualbox but it is always aborted that I should enable vt-x. And I tried doing that by accessing the troubleshoot,advanced operations but uefi was not found there and I tried to use the shortcut which is the f1,f2 or f10 key but still remains...
  3. How to change form legacy to uefi mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change form legacy to uefi mode: I’m trying to install Linux on virtualbox but it is always aborted that I should enable vt-x. And I tried doing that by accessing the troubleshoot,advanced operations but uefi was not found there and I tried to use the shortcut which is the f1,f2 or f10 key but still remains...
  4. How to change form legacy to uefi mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.

Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.: Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT plus i have installed it while my bios was in ufei mode. I tried re-installing the windows but faced same problem. Didn't face the problem as soon as i finished installing windows , i updated...
  6. Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.: Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT plus i have installed it while my bios was in ufei mode. I tried re-installing the windows but faced same problem. Didn't face the problem as soon as i finished installing windows , i updated...
  7. Windows still booting in Legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI even when the disk is GPT.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Tengo windows 10 en modo legacy. Como puedo reinstalar windows en modo uefi para poder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tengo windows 10 en modo legacy. Como puedo reinstalar windows en modo uefi para poder...: I have windows 10 in my computer installed in legacy mode. I need to reinstall windows in mode UEFI just to have a chance to update to windows 11. But my computer came from the shop with windows already installed. How I can get an image od windows to install again in UEFI...
  9. Tengo windows 10 en modo legacy. Como puedo reinstalar windows en modo uefi para poder...

Tengo windows 10 en modo legacy. Como puedo reinstalar windows en modo uefi para poder...: I have windows 10 in my computer installed in legacy mode. I need to reinstall windows in mode UEFI just to have a chance to update to windows 11. But my computer came from the shop with windows already installed. How I can get an image od windows to install again in UEFI...
  10. Tengo windows 10 en modo legacy. Como puedo reinstalar windows en modo uefi para poder...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade