Windows 10: Legacy software not being listed

Discus and support Legacy software not being listed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I upgraded to 10 a few days ago and have found that, although previously installed software is still installed and accessible, they are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mullers63, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mullers63 Win User

Legacy software not being listed

Hi all,

I upgraded to 10 a few days ago and have found that, although previously installed software is still installed and accessible, they are not being listed in the "All Apps" list and also not in the Uninstall list (only software installed since the upgrade is in these). Is this a common problem and is there any rectification that people are aware of. I previously had Win 7 Enterprise on the PC and have installed 10 Pro over the top - I realise this is not a standard upgrade path but it seemed quite happy to do it!

Many thanks

:)

mullers63, Aug 4, 2015

2. Discussion: Windows Update on Windows 10 getting worse with each passing month.

Again, how about some of the legacy systems get on board with actually updating their software rather than this being another MS-bashing stick.

MarkInKent, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Problem installing Nuance DNS Ver 12.5 after DNS 13 had been installed the uninstalled

Unfortunately it was marked as not shareable, but there was no charge for the support service despite being legacy software. One of the better support experiences I have had. (Done by phone contact) J

JosefSmith, Aug 4, 2015
  4. ShonkaiDJ Win User

Same here and looking for the solution. What I've found so far have been tips that refer to a folder with the exact same path as it is since W7/Vista. True: I see some applications in that path, and the program groups for which we used to create a folder show in the alphabet menu. Weird ofcourse that all programs appear in the 'root' alphabet-menu as well as they do in the grouped folder (in the alphabet-menu). It's a two in one way of presentation with half of it missing.
    Didn't find anything to get it right yet, as I said...

ShonkaiDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  5. ShonkaiDJ Win User
    And a by the way: I checked the permissions too that were reset by the upgrade, but to no avail. Permissions do not seem to be the issue here.

ShonkaiDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  6. ShonkaiDJ Win User
    To explain: the all users Program data folder has teamviewer:

Legacy software not being listed [​IMG]

But the Alphabet-menu 'All Apps' does not:

ShonkaiDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  7. ShonkaiDJ Win User
    ShonkaiDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  8. mullers63 Win User

Thanks very much for all your input on this. I don't think the 512 apps limit is the problem as I am nowhere near that number (200 at the highest possible count) but definitely a result of the transition from 7 to 10. I wonder if anyone else has some input as I can't believe we are the only ones who have seen this?

mullers63, Aug 4, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    Programs would have to have a flag in Registry to show up in All Apps. Improper installation routine that doesn't do that will fail to make it to All Apps, seen that in Start menu in W7 and 8/8.1 too. Even some of the ones that explicitly ask weather to make Start menu entries and desktop icons do not make it there. Portable programs are guaranteed not to do those things of course.

CountMike, Aug 4, 2015
  10. mullers63 Win User
    They were all correctly installed in Win 7 - just not appearing in Win 10. For example - this is the list to uninstall with just the few programs installed since the update.

mullers63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Legacy software not being listed - Similar Threads - Legacy software being

2. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task planner and legacy software: I have a problem with Task Planner Windows 10. I have a very old utility which should run every few minutes. It worked fine under windows10 until I ported it to a different win10 computer: Task Planner can't run the utility. HOWEVER, it runs fine when I start it by hand! I...
  3. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task planner and legacy software: I have a problem with Task Planner Windows 10. I have a very old utility which should run every few minutes. It worked fine under windows10 until I ported it to a different win10 computer: Task Planner can't run the utility. HOWEVER, it runs fine when I start it by hand! I...
  4. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Use of legacy 3rd party software

Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  6. legacy software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    legacy software: I have an old computer system running Windows XP. The time is coming for getting a new system probably with Windows 10. On the old system I have installed and am using Visual Studio. In particular I make extensive use of Visual Basic ver. 5. What must I do to carry over...
  7. legacy software

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy software: How do I install and run Windows 7 games in windows 10? I have the complete MYST series and recentlyl purchased an HP computer running Windows 10, but when I install the program it will not run. Help??...
  8. Legacy software won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy software won't work: My legacy software won't work after Office 365 crashed and had to be re-installed. I identified a problem with a win-x upgrade in February 2018 as the culprit. The network was operational. Microsoft put a level 1 technician on the job, who recommended re-installing X [the...
  9. Software listing

Software listing: So on my Mac I go to macupdate.com to find new software. Is there a similar place for Windows? I'm not talking softonic or cnet or download.com where you mostly get malware and crap. Something fairly decent. Not looking for anything specific. 43051
  10. Legacy software

Legacy software: Ok Here goes. I have a piece of legacy software that I use for my business that gives me issues under Windows 10. Maybe someone can help me with this puzzle. First off, this software was written back in the good 'ole Win 95 days and is now out of print. I have been...