Windows 10: Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

Discus and support Legacy software will not run on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread.Hi Fred I am Dave, I will help you with this. It depends on the software and how old that software is, if that software works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gadgetman_1943, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

Split from this thread.Hi Fred I am Dave, I will help you with this. It depends on the software and how old that software is, if that software works on Windows 10, then most likely it will work on Windows 11, usually the upgrade to Windows 11 is smooth, all your personal files, settings and software should work as before.Hi I have this issue, New, Direct from Dell Laptop, 3 weeks ago loaded with windows 11. NONE of the legacy software, which we need, will load despite it being loaded and working on a similar windows 10 machine.I cannot even "persuade" the BIOS to allow me to load a copy of w

:)

Gadgetman_1943, Jan 17, 2022
  2. ShonkaiDJ Win User

Legacy software not being listed

To explain: the all users Program data folder has teamviewer:

Legacy software will not run on Windows 11 [​IMG]

But the Alphabet-menu 'All Apps' does not:

ShonkaiDJ, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2022
  4. mullers63 Win User

Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

Legacy software not being listed

They were all correctly installed in Win 7 - just not appearing in Win 10. For example - this is the list to uninstall with just the few programs installed since the update.

mullers63, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

1. Legacy software will not run on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Legacy software run

2. Running old software on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running old software on windows 11: I've been using "The Times Money Organiser" on windows 7 to keep track of my accounts. I now have a laptop with windows 11 and it will not run on it. Is there a way to make it run or is there an alternative simple money organiser software?...
  3. Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?: Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11? I use that software to edit a website. and do not want to obtain and learn how to use another web editor....
  4. Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?

Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?: Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11? I use that software to edit a website. and do not want to obtain and learn how to use another web editor....
  5. Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

Legacy software will not run on Windows 11: Split from this thread.Hi Fred I am Dave, I will help you with this. It depends on the software and how old that software is, if that software works on Windows 10, then most likely it will work on Windows 11, usually the upgrade to Windows 11 is smooth, all your personal...
  6. Running 3D Movie Maker [Legacy Software] on windows 10 in 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running 3D Movie Maker [Legacy Software] on windows 10 in 1920x1080: I am trying to find a way to force a specific resolution on Windows 3D Movie Maker. I have nailed down the compatibility settings and patches to get it to run without issues on windows 10, but I get annoyed when my resolution has to change to run it in fullscreen. Is there...
  7. legacy software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    legacy software: I have an old computer system running Windows XP. The time is coming for getting a new system probably with Windows 10. On the old system I have installed and am using Visual Studio. In particular I make extensive use of Visual Basic ver. 5. What must I do to carry over...
  8. Legacy Software runs on Win10 1803 but not Win10 1909

Legacy Software runs on Win10 1803 but not Win10 1909: I'm running some legacy software -- Franklin Covey Franklin Planner Software. I've got 20 years of data in these files and really want to access them. At the end of 2018 I bought a laptop with Win10 Home build 1803 pre-installed. It runs that Franklin Planner software just...
  9. legacy software

legacy software: How do I install and run Windows 7 games in windows 10? I have the complete MYST series and recentlyl purchased an HP computer running Windows 10, but when I install the program it will not run. Help??...
  10. Legacy software

Legacy software: Ok Here goes. I have a piece of legacy software that I use for my business that gives me issues under Windows 10. Maybe someone can help me with this puzzle. First off, this software was written back in the good 'ole Win 95 days and is now out of print. I have been...