Windows 10: legacy software

Discus and support legacy software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old computer system running Windows XP. The time is coming for getting a new system probably with Windows 10. On the old system I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnxWeaver, Nov 11, 2020.

1. legacy software

I have an old computer system running Windows XP. The time is coming for getting a new system probably with Windows 10. On the old system I have installed and am using Visual Studio. In particular I make extensive use of Visual Basic ver. 5. What must I do to carry over my previous VB projects and to continue with their developments on a new system and Window 10 ?

:)

JohnxWeaver, Nov 11, 2020
  2. ShonkaiDJ Win User

Legacy software not being listed

To explain: the all users Program data folder has teamviewer:

legacy software [​IMG]

But the Alphabet-menu 'All Apps' does not:

legacy software [​IMG]

ShonkaiDJ, Nov 11, 2020
  3. mullers63 Win User
    Legacy software not being listed

They were all correctly installed in Win 7 - just not appearing in Win 10. For example - this is the list to uninstall with just the few programs installed since the update.

legacy software [​IMG]

mullers63, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

legacy software

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

legacy software

1. legacy software - Similar Threads - legacy software

2. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task planner and legacy software: I have a problem with Task Planner Windows 10. I have a very old utility which should run every few minutes. It worked fine under windows10 until I ported it to a different win10 computer: Task Planner can't run the utility. HOWEVER, it runs fine when I start it by hand! I...
  3. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task planner and legacy software: I have a problem with Task Planner Windows 10. I have a very old utility which should run every few minutes. It worked fine under windows10 until I ported it to a different win10 computer: Task Planner can't run the utility. HOWEVER, it runs fine when I start it by hand! I...
  4. Task planner and legacy software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?: Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11? I use that software to edit a website. and do not want to obtain and learn how to use another web editor....
  6. Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?

Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?: Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11? I use that software to edit a website. and do not want to obtain and learn how to use another web editor....
  7. Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

Legacy software will not run on Windows 11: Split from this thread.Hi Fred I am Dave, I will help you with this. It depends on the software and how old that software is, if that software works on Windows 10, then most likely it will work on Windows 11, usually the upgrade to Windows 11 is smooth, all your personal...
  8. Legacy software will not run on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy software will not run on Windows 11: Split from this thread.Hi Fred I am Dave, I will help you with this. It depends on the software and how old that software is, if that software works on Windows 10, then most likely it will work on Windows 11, usually the upgrade to Windows 11 is smooth, all your personal...
  9. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  10. Use of legacy 3rd party software

Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd