Windows 10: LEGAL CHANGE OF NAME onto computer

Discus and support LEGAL CHANGE OF NAME onto computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am a senior who had a legal name change. I have been trying to change my name in everything from Windows 10 student to Word, Excel (both 2013),... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BossCat1, Aug 9, 2019.

1. BossCat1 Win User

LEGAL CHANGE OF NAME onto computer

I am a senior who had a legal name change. I have been trying to change my name in everything from Windows 10 student to Word, Excel (both 2013), etc. I want to add my new name at my old email address and make that the new administrator. When I save a Word document something to Adobe Acrobat Reader and enter that PDF document in something else, the path it displays iss always c:\users\my old name. I'm not a computer genius--any suggestions? Thanks in advance

:)

BossCat1, Aug 9, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 9, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile LEGAL CHANGE OF NAME onto computer :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. LEGAL CHANGE OF NAME onto computer - Similar Threads - LEGAL CHANGE NAME

2. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  3. Change the name of the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the name of the computer: May I know how can I change the name of my computer?I took it to have maintenance and they set my computer name as 'user' but I want to change the name.Thank you....
  4. How to change my Legal Name when the name will be printed on any certificates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my Legal Name when the name will be printed on any certificates?: How to change my Legal Name when the name is printed on any certificates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-legal-name-when-the-name-will-be/9c3871ec-3266-4574-a76e-84622cdeb82d
  5. How to change my Legal Name when the name will be printed on any certificates?

How to change my Legal Name when the name will be printed on any certificates?: How to change my Legal Name when the name is printed on any certificates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-legal-name-when-the-name-will-be/9c3871ec-3266-4574-a76e-84622cdeb82d
  6. legal name Change Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legal name Change Request: Hi Team,I want to change legal name of me for my certification as its wrong. I have submitted a case on this Case ID : 2301280060000088 May i know the update on the above case raised.Thanks...
  7. legal name Change Request

legal name Change Request: Hi Team,I want to change legal name of me for my certification as its wrong. I have submitted a case on this Case ID : 2301280060000088 May i know the update on the above case raised.Thanks...
  8. Change computer name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change computer name: What happens if I change the name of my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-computer-name/c6754c42-6398-4b42-9d1a-3f7d644fe917
  9. change name of computer

change name of computer: Need to change name of computer and sign on screen. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-computer/4d3706d2-64d8-44ba-b0cb-5a8b442c451d
  10. Changing the computer name?

Changing the computer name?: Hello everyone, I need help with changing my username on the computer. now the reason i want to do it because my username is on my language and because of that the computer cant locate games or installation programs. and i know there is a option to change in the settings....