Windows 10: Legal Copy of Windows 10 was upgraded to Pro for $99 Cannot activate on Replacement Drive...

Discus and support Legal Copy of Windows 10 was upgraded to Pro for $99 Cannot activate on Replacement Drive... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On 6/19 I upgraded my former primary PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro from the Microsoft store for $99. This week I had to replaced my C-drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NormanStaehling, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Legal Copy of Windows 10 was upgraded to Pro for $99 Cannot activate on Replacement Drive...

On 6/19 I upgraded my former primary PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro from the Microsoft store for $99. This week I had to replaced my C-drive. I instead of paying $150 to my computer repair guy, I decided to take it on myself as a covid-19 project because I am 80 and homebound by choice. I installed Windows 10 Home from a thumb drive prepared with the Windows Creation Tool in the past. Then I put in my upgrade key and ran Home to PRO upgrade. The installation went fine and everything was working. When personalizing something I was denied for not being initialized illegal copy. At one point while running troubleshooting a got a code of 0xC004C003.

What are my options to end up with a legal copy of Windows without paying for licenses now that I have anillegal copy of PRO installed?

Can my license key which is not used anywhere else be reactivated or replaced to easily make my copy legal? Winver shows the same version and build as my new PC but it says Enterprise instead of Pro.

I don't supposed I can install PRO from a thumb drive from my new PC and use my legal upgrade key to initialize it.

I know I can go back to the lengthy procedure of installing Home from the thumb drive but that seems like surrender to me.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

NormanStaehling, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Legal Copy of Windows 10 was upgraded to Pro for $99 Cannot activate on Replacement Drive...

1. Legal Copy of Windows 10 was upgraded to Pro for $99 Cannot activate on Replacement Drive... - Similar Threads - Legal Copy was

2. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...
  3. Is this legal copy of windows 10 pro OS?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is this legal copy of windows 10 pro OS?: Hello, I came around a few websites one of them is https://microsoftwares.org/. On this website, Microsoft products are sold at a damn cheap rate. This got me wondering how can they provide such a hefty discount of 90%. Are the win os provided on that website legit? If yes...
  4. Replaced Motherboard cannot activate windows, upgraded free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replaced Motherboard cannot activate windows, upgraded free to windows 10: Replaced motherboard yesturday, Cannot activate windows tried troubleshoot method to no end, nothing, i have my Installation ID but still doesnt work, i dont have a product key due to it being digital, not sure if system was signed into different email upon upgrade but,...
  5. Legal copy of windows

Legal copy of windows: Sir how can I make a legal copy of windows 10? I just bought a new laptop and need to attach a ssd. So not to lose a legally activated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legal-copy-of-windows/414cafca-492e-44e6-99ba-a60baf0dc411"
  6. $99 upgrade from windows 10 home (oem) to pro.

$99 upgrade from windows 10 home (oem) to pro.: Hello all, I have been searching for the answer to this and have seen some mixed advice on the subject. I currently have Windows 10 home OEM installed and activated on my computer. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Ideally I would like to get the retail version of...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate: Hi, I purchased window 10 pro on the Microsoft store for one of the laptops in our small business. The installation ran fine but I was unable to activate despite troubleshooting / following online guides etc. When I checked the windows version it is representing as windows...
  8. Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate

Windows Pro Upgrade cannot activate: I originally bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website. Today I bought the upgrade for Windows 10 Pro via the Activation setting. After the restart I went to the Activation setting to make sure all was ok. However, it now says I have the Windows Enterprise Edition...
  9. Is this legal? Windows 10 activation

Is this legal? Windows 10 activation: Hello, I've been looking for a straight answer on this: Can I use my Windows 7 key to legally activate Windows 10? This method still works for me - but is it actually legal?...
  10. Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro: Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product key. (sorry, I don't have the exact text at the moment) This Windows 7 Pro 64 is an unquestionably legal oem installed OS and...