Windows 10: Legal or Redmond Office Contact: Double Charged for Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Legal or Redmond Office Contact: Double Charged for Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm going to try several methods and see if I can speak to someone from Microsoft on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jerald_B, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jerald_B Win User

Legal or Redmond Office Contact: Double Charged for Windows 10 Pro

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm going to try several methods and see if I can speak to someone from Microsoft on a more professional level.

The phone number I was given by the customer support supervisor 1-425-882-8080 requires the name of the person you'd like to speak with however Shanice could not or would not provide me a name with anyone to speak to further. I spoke with the receptionist who transferred my number which offered me a free cruise ship package that does not sound legitimate. That number hung up on me.

I have been told by Shanice, to contact either a customer representative at Redmond or to speak to a member of the legal department. That information does not seem to be available. I live 45 minutes out of Redmond, WA so I may just see about going in person to ask.

I have a genuine concern about filing a charge-back for a purchase of Windows 10 Pro as I do not want the license to be invalidated. I've attempted to contact customer support. The first time they asked me for my bank name, bank account number, and credit card details which I did not want to provide over chat. They said they'd contact me within 48 hours. They did not. I contacted them again where a new claim was made, and they failed to reply once more.

I spoke with Shanice today, the person in charge of customer service who says they are unable to investigate the matter further. I have statements from my bank account that I'm willing to share but have since filed a charge-back on the second charge. She told me no action would be taken against my purchase of Windows 10 purchase but I have my doubts.

Namely because of the bank accounting phishing, lies about call-backs, the lies about escalation, and who to file a complaint with.

If anyone can help me find a contact with Microsoft Legal or the person who would be in charge of the Customer Support division I would appreciate it.

I honestly should of just bought a copy at a different vendor.

:)

Jerald_B, Mar 12, 2020

2. Win10 Pro won't see a legal Office 2010 Pro install so I can't set a deafault App. I have deleted Office 365 trial SW.

My problem is forcing a SurfacePro 2017 to recognize a legal install of Office 2010 and allow me to set Windows to run OneNote 2010 when I invoke the program in any way.

I have a Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 Pro at version 1709 Build 16299.371. It's my replacement machine because the first one "bricked" for no reason and I was given another.
    I had installed a legal copy of Office Pro 2010 on that first machine and that worked as expected: the SP knew which version I wanted to run. I know about the two different versions of OneNote.

The "new" SP however will not allow me to select the Office 2010 version of anything as a default. It only displays "OneNote 2016" in the "Set Default by App" list.

There's a hint in this answer from this community a while back:

How to set outlook 2010 as my default email client with windows 10

...in which an MVP suggests deleting/uninstalling any Trial software for
    Office 365 and *then* running a repair install with the Office executable. As I write this I have done these two steps and this has not changed Windows' behavior. "OneNote 2016" is the only offer as a Default App in that Settings page. Note - I have
    both restarted and turned the laptop completely
    off before testing the Default Apps module to see if OneNote 2010 will show in "Default Apps".

On my desktop machine - also Windows 10 Pro - "OneNote 2010" is the package specification offered by the Default Apps interface.

Suggestions?

jonathan7zerozero7, Mar 12, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Legal or Redmond Office Contact: Double Charged for Windows 10 Pro

want to know if my windows 10 pro and MS office 2013 is legal or not

hello id like to ask if my windows is legally activated or not , you see I bought windows 10 pro key from ebay for under 7 bucks or so , but after research some people say its not legal , and so because I don't want to have windows illegally activated
    id like to know if my windows is legally activated or did I use a key that is not supposed to be sold via ebay or if im all good ?

if its not legal tell me how to change the key to a free windows 10 key that is legal but does not have the good things that a bought windows 10 key have , if there is a way to do that

if not tell me what to do , should i buy a windows 10 key ?

also same thing for my MS office 2013. i bought a key from ebay and it works but i want to know if mine is legal , if not then i should uninstall MS office 2013 and use MS online right ?

this is the link of MS office i bought , however the link for windows 10 pro is gone beacuse seller no longer have account

zero black, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Legal or Redmond Office Contact: Double Charged for Windows 10 Pro

1. Legal or Redmond Office Contact: Double Charged for Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Legal Redmond Office

2. double charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double charged: I have been charged double on my account. I paid for my personal account and then was suggested by Microsoft to upgrade to a family account. I need to be reimbursed for the personal account charges. March 7, 2024 Order number 64766356-194e-44c7-be07-8c79a176926c personal...
  3. double charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double charged: I have been charged double on my account. I paid for my personal account and then was suggested by Microsoft to upgrade to a family account. I need to be reimbursed for the personal account charges. March 7, 2024 Order number 64766356-194e-44c7-be07-8c79a176926c personal...
  4. double charged

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Legal Team Contact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legal Team Contact: I have been trying to close our Azure business account for four months and get a reimbursement. I have been transferred to 5 different departments and tickets. I get calls at 11pm form support asking me the same thing over and over, thinking they are going to get a different...
  6. Legal Team Contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legal Team Contact: I have been trying to close our Azure business account for four months and get a reimbursement. I have been transferred to 5 different departments and tickets. I get calls at 11pm form support asking me the same thing over and over, thinking they are going to get a different...
  7. Legal Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Legal Windows 10 Pro License: What is the link where I can buy a Windows 10 Pro licenses? I bought my computer over 5 years ago and the gentleman that installed the windows 10 pro installed it over an organization and has since let his licenses expire. I need to buy a new license. Not the product just...
  8. Double charge for Solitaire

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Double charge for Solitaire: I paid $14.99 for a year for Microsoft Solitaire on my PC on October 20, 2019 and now it is asking me to pay again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-charge-for-solitaire/9d734fee-8d69-4e2f-b92f-068ab7cba993"
  9. Double Office Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Office Icons: Hello, About a month ago, I got a new computer for university. The computer came in with a trail version of office, which I got rid of, and later installed it again, this time with the university credentials. The problem is that I have a pair of duplicate icons in my "All...
  10. double charges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    double charges: I have a double charge on a McFee virus program for $99.99 One from Microsoft and one from McFee company for $99.99. I have already contacted McFee company and will stay with their charge but do not wish to paid your company for the same thing please refund to my visa card...