Windows 10: Legal use of Windows 10 in VirtualBox

Discus and support Legal use of Windows 10 in VirtualBox in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I'm thinking of using Windows 10 on my machine in virtualbox native OS - Linux, but I'm confused with the legal requirements.Last time when I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PiotrP_, Jul 21, 2021.

1. PiotrP_ Win User

Legal use of Windows 10 in VirtualBox

Hi,I'm thinking of using Windows 10 on my machine in virtualbox native OS - Linux, but I'm confused with the legal requirements.Last time when I've used Windows at home was about 15+ years ago and I remember there were many problems with different licences.Can somebody answer the questions below, please?1 I will buy Windows on USB/download directly from this website/one of the retailers. I don't see licence options, so I assume there is only one now.I will install this version in VB and register it from there - up to this point everything should be OK?2 What will happen when I need to remo

:)

PiotrP_, Jul 21, 2021

2. Can I use Windows 10 VM (legal license) on two different Hosts (VirtualBox)?

Hi,

I've a legally licensed VM with Windows 10 running on my iMac with VirtualBox. Can I copy the VM to a different computer (macbook pro) with VirtualBox and run it there?.

I will rarely use them simultaneously. Both computers belong to me and are for personal use. The use case for the VM is mainly Excel macros development.

Thanks for the advice,

Luis

Luis Palacios Derqui, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2021
  4. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Legal use of Windows 10 in VirtualBox [​IMG]

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Legal use of Windows 10 in VirtualBox - Similar Threads - Legal VirtualBox

2. Is Atlas os is legal or safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Atlas os is legal or safe?: Is Atlas os is legal or safe?I found video in youtube the youtuber was telling that Atlas is official os from Microsoft and safe I want to ask that tell me is Atlas is safe or not and also tell me Microsoft official os ?...
  3. Is Atlas os is legal or safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Atlas os is legal or safe?: Is Atlas os is legal or safe?I found video in youtube the youtuber was telling that Atlas is official os from Microsoft and safe I want to ask that tell me is Atlas is safe or not and also tell me Microsoft official os ?...
  4. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  5. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  6. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

7. Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?: I want to remove some stuff from windows 11 that I don't want on my install of windows using NTLite or other custom iso programs but I don't know if its legal....
  8. Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?

Is it legal to use NTLite to modify an iso of windows 11?: I want to remove some stuff from windows 11 that I don't want on my install of windows using NTLite or other custom iso programs but I don't know if its legal....
  9. How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...: I have the laptop Samsung Galaxy book Go I bought in 2022 I've probably used this laptop for less than 3 hours I turned it on the other day and it attempted to update Windows on its own and went straight into recovery screen and will not move from there I've tried contacting...
  10. How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...

How is it legal for Samsung to make employees lie about knowing they have issues updating...: I have the laptop Samsung Galaxy book Go I bought in 2022 I've probably used this laptop for less than 3 hours I turned it on the other day and it attempted to update Windows on its own and went straight into recovery screen and will not move from there I've tried contacting...