Windows 10: Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible

Discus and support Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there If you search the web there are still a few places where you can get Genuine "Shrink Wrapped" Ms Windows 7 Pro for quite a cheap price --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 20, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible

Hi there

If you search the web there are still a few places where you can get Genuine "Shrink Wrapped" Ms Windows 7 Pro for quite a cheap price -- approx. 50 USD or so.

Install this and you will then be entitled to a FREE W10 upgrade. OK it costs a bit but it's cheaper than paying say 160 - 180 USD for a new W10 Pro licence.

You'll have to be quick though as those copies of W7 are rapidly becoming "Out of Stock".

This is 100% LEGAL - Software from Ms and no torrents etc etc. Genuine NEW UNOPENED and UNUSED software.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 20, 2015

2. Preparation for Windows 10 - Looking for advice

Well, given the way you DID it - there might be some things you need to do (like make a system image and overwrite the entire disk with it - so you end up with no Vista and only Windows 8/8.1) - but you are legal and that Windows 8.1 (once to that point)
    is eligible for the upgrade.

Shenan Stanley, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Get Windows 10 App

I see that you have not received an answer. My computer is doing the same thing telling me my computer is not eligible. However I did have the get windows 10 app and was installing when we had a power thing and the upgrade froze. I had to reinstall
    windows 7 (from my legally bought cd). Doing all the updates but it tells me my computer is not eligible????

MichelleDeView, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Be very careful, many of those places are selling pirated software. Those won't be legal.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2015
  5. TheSchaft Win User
    I got one from BestBuy, cost $102 with tax. It's an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium.

TheSchaft, Jul 20, 2015
  6. hawkman Win User
    couple of days ago Aldi (uk) were offering W7, they wont be pirates

hawkman, Jul 20, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    For $50?

Mystere, Jul 20, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I paid $99.00 to MS for Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Not an OEM.

9. linw Win User
    I decided to buy an ex business Dell Optiplex 780 with an activated win 7 Pro on it for $NZ100. Got a cheap win 10 and a 'free' very useful computer as well. It's now my wife's comp replacing one with Vista on it.

(Converting the w10 Home price of $USD119 came to $NZ179).

10. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Even if you get one of those cheap keys for £20 and it's 'legit' enough to activate a clean install of Win 7 or 8 (and stay activated) there's a ~99% chance it will be an Enterprise key and not eligible for a Win 10 upgrade anyway.

If you're a student, parent of a student or educator, then getting a student deal for WIn 10, when released, will probably one of the cheapest ways of getting it.

11. NUS
    Nus Win User
    For the UK, the cheapest legit, non-educational, way I know of is to buy a Windows 10 OEM DVD that you can install on the new PC you build for your woman...

£77 for Windows 10 Home
    £110 for Windows 10 Professional

That's basically the same as what Win 7 & 8 OEM cost.

If you know of a better deal then let us know.

Thema:

1. Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible - Similar Threads - Legal CHEAP upgrade

2. How to get Windows 11 upgrade on eligible machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 11 upgrade on eligible machine: My computer says its compatible with Windows 11 and there is a free upgrade, but I cannot find a link to upgrade it. Also says it will be rolled out 2021-2022, but that message has been same since I got this computer in Dec 2021. Any ideas on how to get the upgrade?...
  3. How to get Windows 11 upgrade on eligible machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 11 upgrade on eligible machine: My computer says its compatible with Windows 11 and there is a free upgrade, but I cannot find a link to upgrade it. Also says it will be rolled out 2021-2022, but that message has been same since I got this computer in Dec 2021. Any ideas on how to get the upgrade?...
  4. Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade: Hi, I'm trying to figure out why my PC is not meeting the requirements for Windows 11. I've run the pc health check app and my results come back as this :- I have verified that secure boot is enabled in bios and I've clearedunloaded and loaded the keys- I have quad core 3gz...
  5. Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade: Hi, I'm trying to figure out why my PC is not meeting the requirements for Windows 11. I've run the pc health check app and my results come back as this :- I have verified that secure boot is enabled in bios and I've clearedunloaded and loaded the keys- I have quad core 3gz...
  6. Eligible PC Showing Not Eligible for Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Are Cheap Windows 10 Pro LifeTime keys are eligible for Free Windows 11 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are Cheap Windows 10 Pro LifeTime keys are eligible for Free Windows 11 Pro Upgrade: Hi Team,I am about to purchase Genuine Windows 10 Pro for my new PC. On Google search I found below link :https://rmgadgetronic.com/product/windows-10-pro-lifetime-product-key-retail-license-32-64-bit-rs-297-only/On contacting seller, they are saying it is 100% genuine.This...
  8. Best cheap processor upgrades?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best cheap processor upgrades?: Right now I have a Intel Core i7-2600 CPU 3.40 GHz, and would like to upgrade at a reasonably low price. Is there any better processors I should look into? submitted by /u/confusedredditor4404 [link] [comments]...
  9. Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal?: Introduction that you might want to skip: So, I am thinking of setting up my own server for the fun of it. Not something like a home toy, but actual server hardware, running 24/7 and serving people me being the first, but a couple of others as well. I would normally go...
  10. Upgrade and legalization GGWA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade and legalization GGWA: I want to know the type of license (OEM or OLP, legalization, etc.) required to upgrade to Win10 Pro from the below scenarios: 1. Win7 Pro Illegal 2. Win 10 Pro Illegal 3. Win10 Home Legal 4. No OS 5. Win XP Technically anything would work but I need to know the...