Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible

Discus and support Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there If you search the web there are still a few places where you can get Genuine "Shrink Wrapped" Ms Windows 7 Pro for quite a cheap price --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Jul 20, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

If you search the web there are still a few places where you can get Genuine "Shrink Wrapped" Ms Windows 7 Pro for quite a cheap price -- approx. 50 USD or so.

Install this and you will then be entitled to a FREE W10 upgrade. OK it costs a bit but it's cheaper than paying say 160 - 180 USD for a new W10 Pro licence.

You'll have to be quick though as those copies of W7 are rapidly becoming "Out of Stock".

This is 100% LEGAL - Software from Ms and no torrents etc etc. Genuine NEW UNOPENED and UNUSED software.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 20, 2015
  2. Shenan Stanley Win User

Preparation for Windows 10 - Looking for advice

Well, given the way you DID it - there might be some things you need to do (like make a system image and overwrite the entire disk with it - so you end up with no Vista and only Windows 8/8.1) - but you are legal and that Windows 8.1 (once to that point)
    is eligible for the upgrade.

Shenan Stanley, Jul 20, 2015
  3. MichelleDeView Win User
    Get Windows 10 App

I see that you have not received an answer. My computer is doing the same thing telling me my computer is not eligible. However I did have the get windows 10 app and was installing when we had a power thing and the upgrade froze. I had to reinstall
    windows 7 (from my legally bought cd). Doing all the updates but it tells me my computer is not eligible????

MichelleDeView, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Be very careful, many of those places are selling pirated software. Those won't be legal.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2015
  5. TheSchaft Win User
    I got one from BestBuy, cost $102 with tax. It's an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium.

TheSchaft, Jul 20, 2015
  6. hawkman Win User
    couple of days ago Aldi (uk) were offering W7, they wont be pirates

hawkman, Jul 20, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    For $50?

Mystere, Jul 20, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I paid $99.00 to MS for Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Not an OEM.

9. linw Win User
    I decided to buy an ex business Dell Optiplex 780 with an activated win 7 Pro on it for $NZ100. Got a cheap win 10 and a 'free' very useful computer as well. It's now my wife's comp replacing one with Vista on it.

(Converting the w10 Home price of $USD119 came to $NZ179).

10. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Even if you get one of those cheap keys for £20 and it's 'legit' enough to activate a clean install of Win 7 or 8 (and stay activated) there's a ~99% chance it will be an Enterprise key and not eligible for a Win 10 upgrade anyway.

If you're a student, parent of a student or educator, then getting a student deal for WIn 10, when released, will probably one of the cheapest ways of getting it.

11. NUS
    Nus Win User
    For the UK, the cheapest legit, non-educational, way I know of is to buy a Windows 10 OEM DVD that you can install on the new PC you build for your woman...

£77 for Windows 10 Home
    £110 for Windows 10 Professional

That's basically the same as what Win 7 & 8 OEM cost.

If you know of a better deal then let us know.

Thema:

1. Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible - Similar Threads - Legal CHEAP upgrade

2. I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!: I get random blue screens with a crash code bad_pool_caller. I checked the Microsoft Support website but the included solution does not help (check if all of your drivers are updated) they werent but I updated them and its still happening I tried some other things for example...
  3. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  4. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....
  5. How do you exclude files from a system image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do you exclude files from a system image backup?: Does anyone know if this works in Windows 10: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...80819(v=ws.10) or if there is a different way to exclude folders from a system image created with the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature? 115940
  6. How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get all the drivers on a newly windows 10 laptop/pc: Hey , I just want to know , how can i get all needed drivers for any new windows 10 machine. I know that windows will try to install them , on all new machines, but it will not install the perfect drivers and it will also not install all the drivers ( I think ). I know that...
  7. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting the new “cart” option

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting the new “cart” option: Microsoft last year updated the Microsoft Store with the feature to shop Surface hardware and accessories. The Surface hardware category in the Microsoft Store is currently only available for U.S and U.K. Microsoft is always looking to improve the store experience in Windows...
  8. Windoes 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windoes 10 upgrade: following a windows 10 upgrade via the internet I am unable to get past the Select Keyboard screen making the computer completely inoperable. how do I get round this? Thanks Graham...
  9. Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading: Most of the websites are full of images and scripts which can be a huge bottleneck for performance. Google is aware of the performance issues and the company is working on a new feature called image lazy-loading to speed up the webpages page loading. The latest Canary build...
  10. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...