Windows 10: Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day

Discus and support Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting multiple BSODs for weeks now. Sometimes it shuts down without going to blue screen and restarts. All my drivers are up to date with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lD0Ll, Feb 24, 2021.

1. lD0Ll Win User

Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day

I have been getting multiple BSODs for weeks now. Sometimes it shuts down without going to blue screen and restarts. All my drivers are up to date with windows update/vantage updates. I have installed the recovery image of windows offered by Lenovo. Could it be the cause of BSODs? I have an AMD 4800H and GTX 1660ti and use latest Windows 10 20H2.

I get multiple errors sometimes repeatedly the same one IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION etc.

I ran verifier once and till it's first crash. It pointed to acpivpc.sys - Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller. The driver installed along with windows. It doesn't exist in lenovo driver support page either. Is it safe to remove?

I did 4 passes of memtest86 and it showed no error. I don't know if it's hardware or driver faults.

Here are some of my minidumps.

And the most recent WhoCrashed logs:

On Wed 24/02/2021 17:40:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022421-10265-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5A80
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 0x4, 0xFFFFF80524481010, 0xFFFFF80524480F68, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 24/02/2021 17:40:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!setjmpex+0x8299
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 0x4, 0xFFFFF80524481010, 0xFFFFF80524480F68, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 24/02/2021 17:02:00 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022421-10328-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x4A 0x7FFEEF1AC6A4, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFAB852AD1EB80
    Error: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
    Bug check description: This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Wed 24/02/2021 14:44:03 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022421-10718-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F 0x8, 0xFFFFF80145688E70, 0x4566C440, 0xFFFFF8014027222B
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem kernel stack overflow but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.

On Wed 24/02/2021 14:41:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022421-10390-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x3E1, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80343A6B69C
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Wed 24/02/2021 14:15:59 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022421-10484-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x12E175
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xFFFFBB32C59D6E03, 0xFF, 0xF1, 0xFFFFF8024D6725EE
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvlt.inf_amd64_6fdb2f2a4eb90886\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 452.56
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 452.56
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 452.56 , NVIDIA Corporation.
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

:)

lD0Ll, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Ztruker Win User

BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5

Don't see anything useful in the dump but the system even log shows this:

Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day [​IMG]

Looks like you have a hardware problem. Contact Lenovo and have them fix or replace the system. No way a new system should have this kind of problem.

Ztruker, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    BSOD - SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR on new Lenovo Legion 5

Looking at the most recent system-events.txt (Event Viewer data), there are hundreds of these recorded:

I don't think this is an external hard drive since it occurred during a paging operation.

Also hundreds of these:

This may be an external drive but I don't know. You definitely have some significant drive problems going on that can be contributing to your other problems.

Please describe exactly what hard drives (HDD or SSD) are in the computer and what external drives are being used.

From what I can see you have:

Internal:
    SKHynix_HFM512GDHTNI-87A0B SSD 500GB
    WDC WD10SPSX-08A6W HDD 1TB

External:
    G-DRIVE mobile 1TB (don't know Mfg or if HDD or SSD)
    Seagate Backup+ BL 1TB (don't know if HDD or SSD)

Try disconnecting both external drives and run that way for awhile, especially while working with Zbook, see how that affects things.

Ztruker, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Legion 5-15ARH05H Multiple BSODs per day - Similar Threads - Legion 15ARH05H Multiple

2. Multiple Restarts Per Day some with BSOD Error Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Restarts Per Day some with BSOD Error Messages: I have a Windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 5950X and 128gb of RAM. I have a RTX4070TI with four monitors attached. Daily and sometimes multiple times daily the computer simply restarts without warning. Occasionally all of the screens blank out for a second, although many times they...
  3. Multiple Restarts Per Day some with BSOD Error Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Restarts Per Day some with BSOD Error Messages: I have a Windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 5950X and 128gb of RAM. I have a RTX4070TI with four monitors attached. Daily and sometimes multiple times daily the computer simply restarts without warning. Occasionally all of the screens blank out for a second, although many times they...
  4. Multiple Restarts Per Day some with BSOD Error Messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H se crashea después de RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H se crashea después de RAM upgrade: Después de instalar una Memoria Ram Laptop Ddr4 8gb 3200mhz de la marca Kingston, la pantalla de mi laptop empezaba crashear imagen adjunta, solamente se podía hacer un apagado forzoso, la ram que viene instalada con la laptop es una Samsung Ddr4 8gb 3200mhz, necesito alguna...
  6. Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H se crashea después de RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H se crashea después de RAM upgrade: Después de instalar una Memoria Ram Laptop Ddr4 8gb 3200mhz de la marca Kingston, la pantalla de mi laptop empezaba crashear imagen adjunta, solamente se podía hacer un apagado forzoso, la ram que viene instalada con la laptop es una Samsung Ddr4 8gb 3200mhz, necesito alguna...
  7. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  8. BSOD per day

BSOD per day: 070321-8953-01.dmp - Google Drive i try to use v2 log collector,however,there is a error message in cmd : Get-MpPreference : The term 'Get-MpPreference' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or...
  9. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  10. Random Shutdown Issue Lenovo Legion 5-15ARH05H Laptop - Type 82B1

Random Shutdown Issue Lenovo Legion 5-15ARH05H Laptop - Type 82B1: Windows Support, I bought a brand new Lenovo Legion 5 in the middle of January of 2021 and in the past week have been having issues with it randomly shutting down when using Chrome or Forza Horizon 4. Below is what I've done with the PC. Updated the BIOS to the latest...