Windows 10: legit email?

Discus and support legit email? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; is this message from microsoft? Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft accountbr*****. If this was you,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bryanpoirier, May 13, 2020.

1. legit email?

is this message from microsoft?

Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft accountbr*****.

If this was you, click the button below to bypass the waiting period by using your existing security info.

:)

bryanpoirier, May 13, 2020

2. IS THIS EMAIL A LEGIT EMAIL?

What header? , oh and another question isnt *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a legit email or what.

Aaron Zamora, May 13, 2020
  3. Witchmann Win User
    IS THIS EMAIL A LEGIT EMAIL?

It's hard to say. Might be legit then again it could be scammers trying to get your info. You have 9,999+ emails in your inbox !!??

Witchmann, May 13, 2020
  4. SP1232 Win User

legit email?

Windows 10 Confirmation Email? Legit or not?

I checked my email, which I don't do often. Apparently a while back I received an email from

"Windows" with the subject "Congratulations on reserving your free upgrade to Windows 10"

The email that it was sent from was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but checking the source it was sent from mta28.email.microsoftemail.com from the ip 66.231.92.214, not sure if they spoofed a microsoft.com email or if its legit.

Is this a legit email regarding confirmation for reservation of Windows 10? I've never seen the Microsoftemail.com domain before. I didn't click any of the links in the email itself, but all the links linked to a microsoftemail.com link.

Usually an email from Microsoft will be marked as "trusted sender" this one was not.

EDIT: Looking it up some more, the IP address is owned by "Exact Target" and the domain by "MarkMonitor Inc." it appears they're legit companies that Microsoft uses?

SP1232, May 13, 2020
Thema:

legit email?

1. legit email? - Similar Threads - legit email

2. Pirated version of Win 10 become legit after formatting on new ssd - How to make it legit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pirated version of Win 10 become legit after formatting on new ssd - How to make it legit?: Hi, I have to admit that when I built my new PC last summer I downloaded a pre - activated version of Windows 10 from PirateBay. It knew it was cracked because there was several issues with updates and drivers of about everything. A month ago I bought a new SSD and dowloaded...
  3. Legit way to have Windows Defender recognize application as non malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Legit way to have Windows Defender recognize application as non malware: Hi, Is there a proper channel a developer can go through to register their application as a legit software and not a malware? Our application opens our custom project which is made up of lots of xml files 20,000 to 100,000 files and everytime we open a project, Windows...
  4. Are Windows 10 purchases from downloadcrew.com legit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are Windows 10 purchases from downloadcrew.com legit?: There is been discount on downloadcrew.com about windows 10 license. But i'm worried about if they are legit or not. submitted by /u/BlueBoxxx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpk21u/are_windows_10_purchases_from_downloadcrewcom/
  5. Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised?

Is this a legit Microsoft email? Is my account compromised?: I got this email today with a chinese ? message. Is it legit? I got a little scared. What should I do? Microsoft cr***** cr***** Microsoft cr***** translation google: Safety information replacement Someone started a process to replace all security information...
  6. "Security Info Replacement" Email - Scam or legit?

"Security Info Replacement" Email - Scam or legit?: Perusing the threads, have found some mentions of this dating back several years - but no definitive answer. Received an email this morning stating from "Microsoft account team" *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email stated that someone "started a process to...
  7. how do I find out if an email I received form microsoft online support is legit?

how do I find out if an email I received form microsoft online support is legit?: This is the email who sent me the notice *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the phone number listed on the notice is 425-382-5992 it is supposedly from Microsoft Technical Support Online Remote Tech Support Division located in Cape Canaveral FL. The notice reads...
  8. Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?

Email from Microsoft account team - legit or phishing?: I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? It said the email is from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. Is it a legit email from microsoft? It wants me to click a box to review and release messages: Microsoft has...
  9. I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? Is it a legit email from...

I am receiving the following email and fear it is phishing? Is it a legit email from...: Microsoft has prevented the delivery of messages. We detected that you have 9 undelivered or delayed mails which didn't get to you. This was caused due to a system mail delivery malfunction and securely upgrade to a more secure platform. You have to Review & Release Messages...
  10. Windows <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> is it legit?

Windows <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> is it legit?: I want to know if this is from Microsoft or is it a scam? I haven't followed any of the links yet. 25th-July-2019 I received an email from Windows <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Subject Five tips you don't want to miss. Message 5 fresh tips for fun...