Windows 10: Legit Update or Virus?

Discus and support Legit Update or Virus? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vw4ever, Jul 23, 2019.

1. vw4ever Win User

Legit Update or Virus?

i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do with it. has anyone heard of this yet, or know if it's safe?

:)

vw4ever, Jul 23, 2019

2. windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus

is it legit or is it a virus.

thanks

johnPecoraro1, Jul 23, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Legit Update or Virus? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Legit Update or Virus?

1. Legit Update or Virus? - Similar Threads - Legit Update Virus

2. Is this legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this legit?: So i buyed yesterday a windows key and when i tried to used it it said that was already used by another person , i contacted the gamivo support and they said to try to activate through cellphone call i did That but it was a bit strange , when i clicked "activate with...
  3. Is this legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this legit?: So i buyed yesterday a windows key and when i tried to used it it said that was already used by another person , i contacted the gamivo support and they said to try to activate through cellphone call i did That but it was a bit strange , when i clicked "activate with...
  4. Are the updates legit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are the updates legit: Are the updates legit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-the-updates-legit/30b604ba-2be9-46b9-8097-8c33dfca0147
  5. Defender detected amazon music app as a virus. Legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender detected amazon music app as a virus. Legit?: Defender detected the Amazon music application as a virus. This file came from Amazon.com. Amazon+Music+Installer.exe Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl legit?...
  6. Open PDF Virus detecected from legit companies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open PDF Virus detecected from legit companies: From legit companies any PDFs received are deleted saying a virus was detected when I attemP t to open the PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-pdf-virus-detecected-from-legit-companies/82969065-3f2f-4449-afbb-03f78bec12a6
  7. windows update legit or virus?

windows update legit or virus?: Couple days I had a message saying update for windows available. Could take a while and going off and on something like that It popped in the notification section bottom right of the computer that little screen looking icon When you press that icon was in that section as...
  8. Legit Update or Virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    Legit Update or Virus?: i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do...
  9. windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus

windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus: is it legit or is it a virus. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-assistant-ungrade-is-it-legit-or-a-virus/f9058b5d-8bbd-4565-9807-dd3f6b34da18
  10. virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?: I am afraid to click scan. New computer. Lenovo Was looking for fonts. 79694