Windows 10: Legit Update or Virus?

Discus and support Legit Update or Virus? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vw4ever, Jul 23, 2019.

1. vw4ever Win User

Legit Update or Virus?

i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do with it. has anyone heard of this yet, or know if it's safe?

:)

vw4ever, Jul 23, 2019

2. windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus

is it legit or is it a virus.

thanks

johnPecoraro1, Jul 23, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Legit Update or Virus? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Legit Update or Virus?

1. Legit Update or Virus? - Similar Threads - Legit Update Virus

2. Scam or legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam or legit?: 8-23-19 Received call today from a guy stating he was from MSN by name of Addi Wilson. He said he was a Senior System Engineer. Stated I have numerous viruses, malware and 3 episodes of someone trying to hack into system. Seemed legit to me so I gave him access to my...
  3. Is Legit

Is Legit: Am I being scammed they had control of my computer to make it work faster and to improve security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-legit/66a388ef-b7e1-49bd-9b5c-2390dd266fc1
  4. Legit Update or Virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    Legit Update or Virus?: i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do...
  5. Legit site

Legit site: Can anyone verify whether Digisecure is legit or a scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/legit-site/915b9511-d7d5-403d-a08f-38d114fa675c
  6. Is this legit or fake?

Is this legit or fake?: is this a legit or fake?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-legit-or-fake/cb741ebc-58dc-4cd9-86ba-e201db277196
  7. windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows assistant ungrade, is it legit or a virus: is it legit or is it a virus. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-assistant-ungrade-is-it-legit-or-a-virus/f9058b5d-8bbd-4565-9807-dd3f6b34da18
  8. my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?: Can I trust pctonics .com to clean out worms and viruses it claims to have detected in my computer?...
  9. virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?

virus found...is this a legit Microsoft notification?: I am afraid to click scan. New computer. Lenovo Was looking for fonts. 79694
  10. Is Kinguin Legit?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Kinguin Legit?: Hey, Anybody been burned getting OEM keys from Kinguin? I want one to dual boot Windows from my Mac, but their prices just seem too good to be legit and Reddit reviews are mixed. Some people say they're good with game keys, but it seems a little shady. Thanks! 67342