Windows 10: Legit Windows 10 LTSB

Discus and support Legit Windows 10 LTSB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to buy Windows 10 LTSB for my laptop that I want to give my mom. She is technically challenged and all the junk they put on the Home edition and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulaJava, Feb 5, 2018.

1. PaulaJava Win User

Legit Windows 10 LTSB

I want to buy Windows 10 LTSB for my laptop that I want to give my mom. She is technically challenged and all the junk they put on the Home edition and other versions will confuse her. My question is, I found it for sale online. How legit can it be? Considering it's Enterprise?

:)

PaulaJava, Feb 5, 2018

2. Windows 10, Windows 10 LTSB in Micorosoft Update Catalog?

In Microsoft Update Catalog, there are somve versions for Windows 10.

There is Windows 10 LTSB, Windows 10/Windows 10 LTSB, Windows 10.

I assume that 1507 supports only LTSB currently, and probable 1607 supports CB/CBB and LTSB.

So, the display vesion is Windows 10 LTSB and Windows 10.

How about the KB has two versions such as Windows 10, Windows 10 LTSB?

What is the logic to display the versions?

Kazuhiko(2), Feb 5, 2018
  3. Question about Windows 10 LTSB 2016 updates

When I search for Windows 10 LTSB by product name, in software updates, it only pulls Windows 10 LTSB 2015

I don’t see any updates for Windows 10 LTSB 2016. What’s the best way to query and find updates for Windows 10 LTSB 2016 in SCCM?

Paul_D_Thompson, Feb 5, 2018
  4. Legit Windows 10 LTSB

Unfortunately, Windows 10 LTSB is only available as part of Windows 10 Enterprise. And Windows 10 Enterprise is only available to an organization with a volume licensing agreement, or through a new $7 per month subscription program.

Unofficially, any Windows user can get Windows 10 LTSB if they want. Microsoft offers ISO images with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB as part of its 90-day Enterprise evaluation program. You can download the ISO file–be sure to select “Windows 10 LTSB” instead of “Windows 10” when downloading–and install it on your own PC.

FreeBooter, Feb 5, 2018
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Would it be better to buy a Home or Pro version and remove all the junk before giving it to her?
    Does she live near you so you can keep it clean when the bi-annual updates happen?

Ztruker, Feb 7, 2018
  6. PaulaJava Win User
    No. I am in Arizona and she is in Alaska. I know about the bi annual updates. Why did Microsoft have to take this route?? To make money off the apps? Stoopid.

PaulaJava, Feb 7, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Quite a bit of the 'junk' is provided by the OEMs/Brands, a Custom computer or install from a retail disc doesn't have that, just what Microsoft includes [which still can be a lot of what folks don't want or need]. Some of what one can take off may still come back at a later Upgrade [i.e. from the bi-annual Upgrade from Version 1703 to Version 1709, etc.] and maybe with some Builds which may be monthly.

Berton, Feb 7, 2018
  8. nt62 Win User

Legit Windows 10 LTSB

It's not. Post 2 gives the link for legit Ltsb and explanation.
    Most likely, a 90 day eval would be unacceptable.
    There's no fix for EASY and SIMPLE. Unpinning fluff is simple.
    Windows 10S prevents unwanted software.
    Ltsb does not include EDGE.

Ltsb is barebones - no store / cortana / games / messaging / etc.

nt62, Feb 7, 2018
  9. 10 S may be a better option. 'Windows 10 S' is now 'Windows 10 Now with S Mode'
    LTSB is as mentioned a special Edition of Enterprise. Enterprise can only be KMS activated, it's not retail product. It's for business us only and only licensed to business customers.

alphanumeric, Feb 7, 2018
  10. matfx Win User
    LTSB requires a Windows 10 Enterprise license which is only available via a Volume Licensing agreement.

You can obtain more information about Volume Licensing from here Microsoft Volume Licensing Program Information & Options which provide more helpful info. You can purchase the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB from a Volume Licensing agreement through Microsoft partner.

matfx, Feb 8, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Feb 9, 2018
  12. cereberus Win User
    Which ignores the best of them - Splashtop (Free for LAN use only admittedly, but only a modest fee for internet use). It's interface from tablets and mobile phones, slaughters the opposition.

Of course, RDP is good as well (not for remote Home) - the uwp app version is actually better than the older win32 version, as you can flipflop between mouse trackpad mode and touchscreen mode. Do not recommend over internet though for security reasons.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Legit Windows 10 LTSB

1. Legit Windows 10 LTSB - Similar Threads - Legit LTSB

2. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?: Hi,I had issues updating Windows 10 to my computer. I contacted technical support 4 times before I had the issue escalated to a phone call. The agent asked for my phone number and time at which they could reach me. Today an agent called me from 425-635-2970. There was no name...
  3. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?: Hi,I had issues updating Windows 10 to my computer. I contacted technical support 4 times before I had the issue escalated to a phone call. The agent asked for my phone number and time at which they could reach me. Today an agent called me from 425-635-2970. There was no name...
  4. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  6. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  7. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  8. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  9. I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...: My previous computer the motherboard crashed the boot drive became unreadable as a boot drive I rebuilt the computer motherboard and processor and ram and power supply and new motherboard has a m.2 ssd boot drive. I got a windows 10 temporary installation from Microsoft...
  10. I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...: My previous computer the motherboard crashed the boot drive became unreadable as a boot drive I rebuilt the computer motherboard and processor and ram and power supply and new motherboard has a m.2 ssd boot drive. I got a windows 10 temporary installation from Microsoft...