Windows 10: legitimate company or a scam?

Discus and support legitimate company or a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KarenLinder, Jun 10, 2019.

1. legitimate company or a scam?

My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?

:)

KarenLinder, Jun 10, 2019
  2. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Jun 10, 2019
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 10, 2019
  4. legitimate company or a scam?

Question regarding a company Claiming to help with virus

Hi Hana,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the steps below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click a link that supposedly take you to a company website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • If the email appears to come from a company, contact the company's customer service via phone or web browser to see if the email is legitimate.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word hoax to see if anyone else has reported this scam.

We also suggest that you reached out our Answer Desk for more information about the message that you received at
    1-800-642-7676 or our Support through this
    link.

Fee free to post your other concerns to our Community.

Joseph Ban, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

legitimate company or a scam?

1. legitimate company or a scam? - Similar Threads - legitimate company scam

2. Possible Scam. I want to know is this legitimate email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Scam. I want to know is this legitimate email: Cybersecurity threats cost the global economy an estimated market value of US$3 trillion, with 71% of companies admitting that they fell victim to successful cyberattacks. As cybersecurity threats continue to rise in India, we see the importance of having trusted software and...
  3. microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?: I'm getting emails from "Microsoft Store <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftstoreemailcom/c2740f8f-1679-42aa-ac43-02d5aa18a896"
  4. Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?

Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?: Is Driver Support a scam or legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/driver-support-security-a-scam-or-legitimate/0200746a-4c60-4c7b-9212-4659c6ad2596
  5. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  6. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  7. Is this legitimate?

Is this legitimate?: I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862 Date: xxxx From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> To: xxxx CC: Bulk...
  8. Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?

Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?: They just charged my $937.90 to repair my web network that they said had been hacked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-mega-metro-academy-a-legitimate-company-with/9b6d39f7-7fa4-401d-8b1b-a23ffb85e31b"
  9. easytechwork - legitimate company?

easytechwork - legitimate company?: is this a legitimate company they just called and said they just called and said they would take it off my card like they did before but I paid for 5 years s why are calling and wanting more money can they take it off of my card without me authorizing them to do that? thank...
  10. Legitimate email?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Legitimate email?: Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if I wnted to cancel this order. Is this legitimate? I don't recall ordering this!!!...