Windows 10: legitimate company or a scam?

Discus and support legitimate company or a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KarenLinder, Jun 10, 2019.

1. legitimate company or a scam?

My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?

:)

KarenLinder, Jun 10, 2019
  2. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Jun 10, 2019
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 10, 2019
  4. legitimate company or a scam?

Question regarding a company Claiming to help with virus

Hi Hana,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the steps below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click a link that supposedly take you to a company website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • If the email appears to come from a company, contact the company's customer service via phone or web browser to see if the email is legitimate.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word hoax to see if anyone else has reported this scam.

We also suggest that you reached out our Answer Desk for more information about the message that you received at
    1-800-642-7676 or our Support through this
    link.

Fee free to post your other concerns to our Community.

Joseph Ban, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

legitimate company or a scam?

1. legitimate company or a scam? - Similar Threads - legitimate company scam

2. Legitimate email?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Legitimate email?: Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if I wnted to cancel this order. Is this legitimate? I don't recall ordering this!!!...
  3. Are these offers really legitimate?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Are these offers really legitimate?: Hi Folks, Just joined Tenforums but have been a member of Sevenforums for a while. I have an old copy of Office 2000 which I managed to install successfully under W7 but when I tried to install it on my new laptop running W10 Home I got multiple errors during the install and...
  4. Is Synaptics, Inc are scam company? Their phone number is 347-947-7871. Please help....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Synaptics, Inc are scam company? Their phone number is 347-947-7871. Please help....: Is Synaptics, Inc are scam company? Their phone number is 347-947-7871. Please help. They are going to charge me $699.00. Lynn Grimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-synaptics-inc-are-scam-company-their-phone/546753ce-9b9f-4e02-922f-d2abb628f32e"
  5. support company

support company: has anyone used Chawla for support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-company/117bac9c-65ae-4ca0-9957-fadd3b5f027f"
  6. Scams

Scams: I recieve a called today that my Ip address had been compromised by many countries. Thay wanted to chamge my IP address and license, I just hung up and the caller ID showed my own phone number....
  7. support companies

support companies: Do you use a company by the name of Ontime Tech Support out of Utah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/support-companies/9193fc1c-100a-4b9a-b329-16c77f2f2b0c"
  8. scam?

scam?: My Daughter received a call from E Wizard support claiming that someone was trying to hack her computer. She purchased this computer over two years ago which had webroot as it's Anti virus protection program. I recently deleted webroot and installed avg anti virus (free...
  9. I think I was scammed by a tech support company. I let them remotely

I think I was scammed by a tech support company. I let them remotely: They ran a command prompt dir/s scan with letters in red. I was told there were many errors and on the bottom line was a line that says my computer was hacked by the koobface virus. They told me it would cost $300 to repair so I thought it was a scam. I broke the network...
  10. Is this a scam?? -

in Browsers and Email
    Is this a scam?? -: [img] Not replied to this of course, since I am not "member@hotmail.com". Does anyone else have this? I don't use Outlook as such - just webmail in my browser. Seems like a phishing scam trying to get me to expose my email address? 82272