Windows 10: legitimate company or a scam?

Discus and support legitimate company or a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KarenLinder, Jun 10, 2019.

1. legitimate company or a scam?

My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?

:)

KarenLinder, Jun 10, 2019
  2. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Jun 10, 2019
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 10, 2019
  4. legitimate company or a scam?

Question regarding a company Claiming to help with virus

Hi Hana,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the steps below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click a link that supposedly take you to a company website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • If the email appears to come from a company, contact the company's customer service via phone or web browser to see if the email is legitimate.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word hoax to see if anyone else has reported this scam.

We also suggest that you reached out our Answer Desk for more information about the message that you received at
    1-800-642-7676 or our Support through this
    link.

Fee free to post your other concerns to our Community.

Joseph Ban, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

legitimate company or a scam?

1. legitimate company or a scam? - Similar Threads - legitimate company scam

2. Was it a scam or was it legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was it a scam or was it legitimate?: I got a windows defender alert that I had a Trojan spyware and a loud recording that my laptop has been locked. I called the phone number given 855-999-9310. I received a call back from 206-414-0504. The first thing I was asked to do is disconnect my Wi-Fi and reconnect. I...
  3. Was it a scam or was it legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was it a scam or was it legitimate?: I got a windows defender alert that I had a Trojan spyware and a loud recording that my laptop has been locked. I called the phone number given 855-999-9310. I received a call back from 206-414-0504. The first thing I was asked to do is disconnect my Wi-Fi and reconnect. I...
  4. Is the company webmatix a legitimate windows security provider?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the company webmatix a legitimate windows security provider?: I have been dealing with this company called webmatix that connected with me when my computer was hacked and charged me $499 US for lifetime security but now that I've updated to windows 11 they want to charge me another $499. Do I need this company? Doesn't Windows provide...
  5. Is the company webmatix a legitimate windows security provider?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the company webmatix a legitimate windows security provider?: I have been dealing with this company called webmatix that connected with me when my computer was hacked and charged me $499 US for lifetime security but now that I've updated to windows 11 they want to charge me another $499. Do I need this company? Doesn't Windows provide...
  6. microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?: I'm getting emails from "Microsoft Store <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftstoreemailcom/c2740f8f-1679-42aa-ac43-02d5aa18a896"
  7. Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?: Is Driver Support a scam or legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/driver-support-security-a-scam-or-legitimate/0200746a-4c60-4c7b-9212-4659c6ad2596
  8. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  9. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  10. easytechwork - legitimate company?

easytechwork - legitimate company?: is this a legitimate company they just called and said they just called and said they would take it off my card like they did before but I paid for 5 years s why are calling and wanting more money can they take it off of my card without me authorizing them to do that? thank...