Windows 10: Legitimate email?

Discus and support Legitimate email? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by btmi&3, Mar 11, 2019.

1. btmi&3 Win User

Legitimate email?

Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if I wnted to cancel this order. Is this legitimate? I don't recall ordering this!!!

:)

btmi&3, Mar 11, 2019

2. legitimate email

Is this a legitimate email address of Microsoft?

Windows <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

Asks me to do a security update with an embedded link... which I seldom trust.

DennisSnyder, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Is this email legitimate?

I rec'd the below email and am not sure if it is legitimate? The sender is MlCROSOFT.ADMIN OFFICE <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. I have not opened the pdf.

Admin: We detect activity that may lead to account deactivation.

"Take a few seconds to review your email account activities on the attached
    PDF
    . We traced activities that are totally against our policy to this account."

HOLLYROBINSON-RUDD, Mar 11, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Legitimate email?

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Legitimate email?

1. Legitimate email? - Similar Threads - Legitimate email

2. cheap versions of W10 on ebay- are they legitimate? any of them

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cheap versions of W10 on ebay- are they legitimate? any of them: I see that eBay has W10 for sale by many vendors. Are these for real? Are they legitimate- any of them? Are they loaded with malware? I have a very old W7 PC. I won't use it much and hate to spend over $100 to keep a backup computer functioning- but I don't want illegal...
  3. is GameBarFT.exe a legitimate program?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is GameBarFT.exe a legitimate program?: What is GameBarFT.exe? Is it a legitimate MS operating element as my antivirus software has blocked it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-gamebarftexe-a-legitimate-program/fa846f41-77de-4da4-9350-c1d115198021
  4. using legitimate windows oem license

using legitimate windows oem license: I built a custom Pc couple of years ago, and the seller installed a windows 10 enterprise on my Pc. for the past year windows been asking me to activate it, which I could not think it is a pirated copy. now I bought a genuine OEM windows pro 64 license with CD. When I...
  5. How do technicians remote in to computers legitimately ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do technicians remote in to computers legitimately ?: I am trying to find the utility that I once used to remotely connect to a computer. It worked and I did not need someone on the other end to be there to press a button every 4 minutes. I want to be able to connect up to several various different computers for 1 or 2 hours...
  6. Is the "Video Application" process legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the "Video Application" process legitimate?: So I own multiple PC's, and I've noticed the movies & TV process has inconsistent names on my PC. Instead of "Movies & TV," my task is listed as "Video Application." Sometimes, it will even be listed under a blank-icon "Video Application" drop-down process. Its still in...
  7. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  8. Possible Scam. I want to know is this legitimate email

Possible Scam. I want to know is this legitimate email: Cybersecurity threats cost the global economy an estimated market value of US$3 trillion, with 71% of companies admitting that they fell victim to successful cyberattacks. As cybersecurity threats continue to rise in India, we see the importance of having trusted software and...
  9. Is this pop up legitimate?

Is this pop up legitimate?: [IMG]This pop up showed up on the computer and because of the recent privacy/update debacle I feel a bit unsure. Is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-pop-up-legitimate/ed1778ba-aea3-4316-a7f1-77f11dd991c8"
  10. microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?: I'm getting emails from "Microsoft Store <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftstoreemailcom/c2740f8f-1679-42aa-ac43-02d5aa18a896"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fortemeida-extension 5/3-2019

2. Fortameida Extension

3. legitimate email

4. Microsoft legitimate email address,
  5. How to tell a legitemnt email address in windows 10 home