Windows 10: Legitimate Microsoft request??

Discus and support Legitimate Microsoft request?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shaneva, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Shaneva Win User

Legitimate Microsoft request??

I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not real how do I stop this from popping up on my computer?

:)

Shaneva, Sep 6, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 6, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, Sep 6, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Legitimate Microsoft request?? - Similar Threads - Legitimate Microsoft request

2. Is this legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this legitimate?: I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862 Date: xxxx From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> To: xxxx CC: Bulk...
  3. Are these sites legitimate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these sites legitimate?: Thinking of getting a copy of W10 and did a search is this fore real? Windows 10 Professional 32/64bit Download Seems to good to be true. 137287
  4. microsoft account & IP address request

microsoft account & IP address request: Received phone call with my phone number displayed stating that my Microsoft account & IP address had been hacked in several countries and that I had to stay on the line and have my IP address changed for security reasons. They have called several time in the last 3 hours....
  5. easytechwork - legitimate company?

easytechwork - legitimate company?: is this a legitimate company they just called and said they just called and said they would take it off my card like they did before but I paid for 5 years s why are calling and wanting more money can they take it off of my card without me authorizing them to do that? thank...
  6. legitimate company or a scam?

legitimate company or a scam?: My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?...
  7. Microsoft authentication app not working with requests

Microsoft authentication app not working with requests: I have my personal Microsoft account configured with two-factor authentication via the app on my Android mobile. It just doesn't work for my personal account but it does for a client's Office 365 account, i.e. the app is working, just not with my personal account. It says...
  8. Legitimate email?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Legitimate email?: Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if I wnted to cancel this order. Is this legitimate? I don't recall ordering this!!!...
  9. Are these offers really legitimate?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Are these offers really legitimate?: Hi Folks, Just joined Tenforums but have been a member of Sevenforums for a while. I have an old copy of Office 2000 which I managed to install successfully under W7 but when I tried to install it on my new laptop running W10 Home I got multiple errors during the install and...
  10. microsoft pop-ups requests

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft pop-ups requests: I am endeavouring to down load a driver from HP to enable me to sync printer to windows 10. micro soft repeatedly keeps sending me requests by pop-up for my ADMIN PASSWORD to authorise changes to comp. I donot have a admin password, how do I obtain this so that Hp driver...