Windows 10: Legitimate Microsoft request??

Discus and support Legitimate Microsoft request?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shaneva, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Shaneva Win User

Legitimate Microsoft request??

I keep getting a warning that my computer will freeze if I don't call this phone number for assistance … 1-816-280-2833. Is this for real? If not real how do I stop this from popping up on my computer?

:)

Shaneva, Sep 6, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 6, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, Sep 6, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Legitimate Microsoft request?? - Similar Threads - Legitimate Microsoft request

2. Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...: I had a hacker access my laptop with a Windows Defender message that locked my laptop so that I could not use it. I was afraid that the number on the screen was fake so I looked up Microsoft Support online with my iPhone. The number I found was 888 261-6652. I called and the...
  3. Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is 888 261-6652 a legitimate Microsoft Support number? Is MS0747@KK a legitimate Microsoft...: I had a hacker access my laptop with a Windows Defender message that locked my laptop so that I could not use it. I was afraid that the number on the screen was fake so I looked up Microsoft Support online with my iPhone. The number I found was 888 261-6652. I called and the...
  4. Legitimate Microsoft phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legitimate Microsoft phone number?: I got a popup that my computer was disabled. I did not call the number but looked for a Microsoft Help number and found 844-622-2589. Is that a legit Microsoft number? I ended up with Esource Software Solutions LLC. I gave them access and they used CCleaner Pro and Webroot to...
  5. Legitimate Microsoft phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legitimate Microsoft phone number?: I got a popup that my computer was disabled. I did not call the number but looked for a Microsoft Help number and found 844-622-2589. Is that a legit Microsoft number? I ended up with Esource Software Solutions LLC. I gave them access and they used CCleaner Pro and Webroot to...
  6. Is this a legitimate patch from Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a legitimate patch from Microsoft?: Our Sonicwall is deeming: am_delta_patch_1.343.1035.0_8d4747caeb29b700fe8387ce0f578980b7d59d9f.exe, a Microsoft patch, a malicious file.Is it it a legitimate patch and what is it for?...
  7. Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?

Microsoft LogMeIn Support Legitimate?: I made a forum post regarding my Outlook account security a few days ago and had a case opened by Microsoft. I received the case ID in my messages, and was waiting for a phone call, but missed it once on Thursday morning. I messaged a member for support to see when I could...
  8. Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?: [https://imgur.com/69CvG1P] A week ago, this popup appeared on the notification panel (righthand side) on my laptop. I clicked it and it took me to "Accounts" in the Settings with the messge "Some of your accounts require attention," and below that a "FIX NOW" button....
  9. Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?

Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?: Yesterday I started getting this popup below, again and again. Is this actually from Microsoft or is it malware? I am suspicious because it has no option to exit without taking action. I have now found a way in Settings to pause updates for seven days. If I keep...
  10. Is this legitimate?

Is this legitimate?: I am not a surface customer and I got this email. Is this legit? Subject: Microsoft Extended Service Contract/Registration Confirmation_ 70-NVF64 | UIN3862 Date: xxxx From: Bulk Warranty Registration Alias <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> To: xxxx CC: Bulk...