Windows 10: Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues

Discus and support Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having some serious issues with my classes HP laptops and their ability to load Lego Mindstorms. The issues arose around 4 weeks ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathanMorris3, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues

Hi all,

I am having some serious issues with my classes HP laptops and their ability to load Lego Mindstorms.

The issues arose around 4 weeks ago. I have 36 students, and only 2 are able to successfully run Lego Mindstorms.

I have on occasion, thought uninstalling the software, and Silverlight, been able to get Lego Mindstorms to load, but this only works once, then... starts to load, but... stops. As I am now in the difficult position of having to teach remotely due to the pandemic, I have attempted to trouble-shoot students through the issues, with very limited success.

I have been in communication with Lego Mindstorms and they have provided me with a list of possible solutions, mostly revolving around Silveright. As above, some work, but, only once at best.

I am really in a bind, as I rely heavily on Lego Mindstorms, which, I know can be accessed online, BUT... I also require Lego Mindstorms because I utilie the Virtual Brick, which communicates with it. My only option is to somehow make Lego Mindstorms work again.

Any idea's, or even better, a way of directly contacting Microsoft about this issue would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

Teacher in Australia.

:)

NathanMorris3, Apr 7, 2020

2. Silverlight and Lego Mindstorms

Hi everyone,

I'm having a real headache with silverlight not working correctly on the computers at the school I work. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Silverlight twice to date and it has stopped working twice. Tested it today after reinstalling on friday and
    Mindstorms will not load.

When I uninstall silverlight and reinstall it, I always test Mindstorms and it works, until a teacher wants to use it for a class!

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to prevent it from breaking in the long run?

Thanks,

Jack

Jackerious, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Silverlight is not working for LEGO Program

Hello Holly,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it feels frustrating when you are unable to access the application because of an error.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try uninstalling and re-installing the application and Silverlight.

Also, you can refer the article by LEGO on
    Mindstorms launch issues

Method 2:

Disable Norton antivirus and try running the program.

1. Right click on the Norton icon at the right hand bottom corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Open Norton antivirus.
    3. Now click on Disable Smart Firewall and select the duration.
    4. Now click on Disable Antivirus and select the duration.

Note:
    If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues

Silverlight and Lego Mindstorms

Hi,

In order for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with Silverlight, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent updates or change to your computer before the issue happened?
    • Are you getting any error messages when opening Silverlight? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows 10 to its latest version?
    • Have you checked if the same issue persists with another user account on your computer?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues

1. Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues - Similar Threads - Lego Mindstorms Silverlight

2. What i can do with this LEGO® MINDSTORM Ev3 application on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What i can do with this LEGO® MINDSTORM Ev3 application on Windows 10?: Hello, I want to coding my robot: "Charlie" i just want to try to plug the microUSB cable to the my laptop. Here is some photos: I need to help how to get "Bluetooth" thing on Windows 10?...
  3. What i can do with this LEGO® MINDSTORM Ev3 application on Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What i can do with this LEGO® MINDSTORM Ev3 application on Windows 10?: Hello, I want to coding my robot: "Charlie" i just want to try to plug the microUSB cable to the my laptop. Here is some photos: I need to help how to get "Bluetooth" thing on Windows 10?...
  4. What i can do with this LEGO® MINDSTORM Ev3 application on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Silverlight Issue to open page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Silverlight Issue to open page: I`m having this issue when I try to open a web interactive chart, I tried delete silverlight, install again a newer version. Windows update, Drivers update, different browsers like chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, and I couldn`t find any solution across internet. Does anyone...
  6. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  7. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  8. Microsoft Silverlight

Microsoft Silverlight: I just wonder why Microsoft requires to install Microsoft Silverlight on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-silverlight/4a14d36a-5a2e-4f7b-8a39-7509eb096a10
  9. Silverlight is not working for LEGO Program

Silverlight is not working for LEGO Program: I installed the program for LEGO Mindstorms, but I can't get it to open. The Tech support guy over at LEGO has been working with me, and we have determined that the issue is a Silverlight issue. I have removed and reinstalled Silverlight multiple times with no better result....
  10. Silverlight Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520