Windows 10: length of typing/mouse jumping around

Discus and support length of typing/mouse jumping around in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem with my mouse jumping around when I try to type anything longer than about 4-5 characters in Windows 10, especially when typing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karenlaw1, Feb 2, 2019.

1. karenlaw1 Win User

length of typing/mouse jumping around

I am having a problem with my mouse jumping around when I try to type anything longer than about 4-5 characters in Windows 10, especially when typing a password. I can not figure out how to change to type infinitely instead of these limited characters. Can anyone help here? (FYI, it just happened.) Also, why won't my left and RIGHT buttons work.

:)

karenlaw1, Feb 2, 2019

2. Cursor jumps while Typing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for getting back to us and updating on the status.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: Update the keyboard and Mouse driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Follow the same steps to update the mouse/touchpad driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Mouse cursor jumps?

Hi Heidi,

Wrong configuration mouse settings or corrupted/outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your mouse was not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to know if you've tried uninstalling then reinstalling your mouse drivers. Have you
    tried checking the mouse settings?

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Kindly, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 2, 2019
  4. length of typing/mouse jumping around

Cursor jumps while Typing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

length of typing/mouse jumping around

1. length of typing/mouse jumping around - Similar Threads - length typing mouse

2. cursur in mouse jumping around

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursur in mouse jumping around: I am using vs code insider and i found that the mouse cursor jumps back to the previous line and i have also encontered this problem in vs code but in any other programmes on windows 10 pc. please help to solve this problem.thank youedmond januaryemail *** Email address is...
  3. cursur in mouse jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursur in mouse jumping around: I am using vs code insider and i found that the mouse cursor jumps back to the previous line and i have also encontered this problem in vs code but in any other programmes on windows 10 pc. please help to solve this problem.thank youedmond januaryemail *** Email address is...
  4. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  5. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  6. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. MOUSE JUMPS AROUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MOUSE JUMPS AROUND: I've been experiencing a laggy mouse for 2 weeks now I've tries many solutions i found online n they dont work ,please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jumps-around/60c2a60e-5c85-4979-b6df-91ba6bb348dd
  8. mouse makes screen jump. mouse IS NOT jumping around!

mouse makes screen jump. mouse IS NOT jumping around!: THIS IS NOT A CASE OF THE MOUSE JUMPING. i can move it within a 1"x1" area and all sorts of movement on the screen happens. mouse makes screen jump, scroll, select. WAIT the mouse IS NOT jumping around! It makes the screen & menus jump as if I Clicked. i've changed...
  9. USB mouse jumping around

USB mouse jumping around: First, I'm on Win10 v. 1909. I've tried to update, but haven't been successful. I heard there was a bug in 1909 that had to do with this, but this is the first mouse I've had a problem with. It's a brand new mouse, about a week old. Was working perfectly until today. I've...
  10. Mouse Jumping around

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Jumping around: While I have tried getting help online none of it has helped so far from uninstalling drivers, disabling touchpad, using different mouses (ihome, ibuypower, and logitech g), updating, no matter what they never helped and I before a week or two ago I never noticed this. I...