Windows 10: Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset

Discus and support Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My in laws have been having problems with their latop running slowly. As they only ever us it for emails, I thought the best option was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grouchostash, May 20, 2020.

1. Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset

Hi everyone,

My in laws have been having problems with their latop running slowly. As they only ever us it for emails, I thought the best option was just to reset it. During the reset it got to 66% then said there were problems and it couldn't complete the action. From then on it would get stuck on the Lenovo startup in a loop. I tried the 'repair start up problems' and now it is just a black screen with the cursor. I can't use the novo button or F2/F12.

Thanks,

Gary

:)

grouchostash, May 20, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksLenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset :)

Hendry, May 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Resetting normally up to 25% and then Black screen.

Hi Maki,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "it needs more time or it stuck somehow", what is the current status of the issue? Is the computer still stuck at black screen or in process of resetting the computer?

If the computer in process of resetting, then I suggest you to wait for some time.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about black screen issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with black screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 20, 2020
  4. bdxoul Win User

Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset

My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor

Hello There Everyone.

I shutdown my pc yesterday after work after 12 hours i open it but i am stuck with black screen. I tried my steps to open it but it dosen't work.
    Steps i did
    *i tried to startup repair on advance menu
    *i have reset the pc ( its says problem occured)
    *i have Uninstalled recent update.
    My pc specs
    *Acer Veriton
    *64 bit
    *windows 10
    Please help me to solve out

bdxoul, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset

1. Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset - Similar Threads - Lenovo 100s stuck

2. Lenovo laptop black screen stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop black screen stuck: Background Windows update running how to stop update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-black-screen-stuck/cb4646b2-30a0-431a-8118-8a6835181409
  3. Lenovo laptop black screen stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop black screen stuck: Background Windows update running how to stop update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-black-screen-stuck/cb4646b2-30a0-431a-8118-8a6835181409
  4. Lenovo 100s ideapad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo 100s ideapad: Hi I have a Lenovo 100s idea pad that’s a few years old now. It seems stuck on version 1803. I’m not overly IT savvy but I did a clean boot Sunday to see if it would install updates , last night I did a clean start where it wiped my files and everything and I’ve again tried...
  5. Lenovo 100s ideapad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo 100s ideapad: Hi I have a Lenovo 100s idea pad that’s a few years old now. It seems stuck on version 1803. I’m not overly IT savvy but I did a clean boot Sunday to see if it would install updates , last night I did a clean start where it wiped my files and everything and I’ve again tried...
  6. Lenovo 100s ideapad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bitlocker key Lenovo 100S

Bitlocker key Lenovo 100S: Cant use the laptop as apparently Windows installed Bitlocker without my permission and failed to provide the unlock key. How can this situation be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-lenovo-100s/ced0aaf1-8617-4f07-b646-8375ec4f25db
  8. Lenovo 100S-11IBY screen doesn't wake up from sleep (Black/blank screen)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo 100S-11IBY screen doesn't wake up from sleep (Black/blank screen): Had to wipe out the old Windows 10 Home version on this computer as after a Windows Update session over a year ago. BitLocker decided to encrypt the primary drive the computer. Was never asked where to store the recovery key to save is so I could get in after being...
  9. Bitlocker key Lenovo 100s

Bitlocker key Lenovo 100s: Hi there, I have forgot my lenovo 100s password and I'm trying to factory reset it, however it's asking for a bitlocker key and is providing a key id. I have never created a bitlocker key for this device, it's not present in my microsoft account either. How do I open...
  10. PC stuck at black screen after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    PC stuck at black screen after reset: i did a full reset last night with the clean driver option, it was staying ar 99 percent for awhile last night so i went to sleep. this morning i woke up to it just stuck at being a black screen.i tried rebooting but it just goes back to a black screen after showing the blue...