Windows 10: Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black

Discus and support Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo 700 80QD that was running W10 OS 10.016299.904 on 2/4/2019. Computer has been trying and failing on installing updates for several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KraigManna, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black

I have a Lenovo 700 80QD that was running W10 OS 10.016299.904 on 2/4/2019.

Computer has been trying and failing on installing updates for several months. It gets to the end and suddenly says restoring previous version. Computer was working on 2/4 and I went to bed while it was trying to upgrade on 2/5/2019. On 2/5 system would not boot. I charged it and the keyboard lights up but the screen is black. I wonder if the battery could have died during the failed W10 update.

Things I have tried:

- Hit Fn 9 to make sure screen is on no change

- held power button until keyboard goes off. Pushed Novo button same result keyboard lights up black screen.

I don't have recovery usb drive. Any suggestions? I appreciate the help!!

:)

KraigManna, Feb 9, 2019

2. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

I installed Windows 10 on my Gateway laptop many months ago and it worked fine until recently. I have it set up as dual boot, W7 & W10, and I have an external monitor (also external keyboard and mouse). When I boot up and choose Windows 7 it boots up fine.
    When I choose W10 I get a black screen, with the mouse pointer visible. Most advice I have seen says to go into safe mode and to update the display adapter. However, even in safe mode the screen is black, so I cannot do this. I did manage to get into W10 once
    and had it search automatically for an updated driver, but it said I already had the most current driver. It is dated 2012 though, so that seems unlikely.

I also tried changing the power option to deselect Turn On Fast Startup. That did not help.

I also disconnected the external monitor and all other devices, but I still have the black screen on my laptop display.

The only way I can get out of this W10 black screen is to hold down the power button which forces my laptop to shut down.

Any suggestions?

RayShoemaker, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Black screen after logon on lenovo T520 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen. These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

• Problems with the driver for your display adapter;

• The video output is being sent to an unexpected port;
    I would suggest you follow the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015 depending on the black screen issue:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black

Serious problem, black screen on boot in Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist only when the Lenovo logo and Boot menu comes up?

• Do you face black screen issues even after logging in into the user profile?

You might be facing this issue due to the non-updated display driver in the PC. Since you are able to login into the PC and perform every other options normally, I suggest you to
    update the display drivers manually from the
    device manager
    by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter option.

• Right click on the display driver and select
      Update
      option.

• Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the suggestion by Sharath Srinivasa from the link below and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/black-screen-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78?auth=1

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black

1. Lenovo 700 80QD will not boot after W10 upgrade. Keyboard lights up but screen is black - Similar Threads - Lenovo 700 80QD

2. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  3. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  4. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  6. black screen after booting up

black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  7. Black screen after starting up Lenovo ideapad.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after starting up Lenovo ideapad.: The screen of my Lenovo Ideapad would go black after starting up the PC, even while it was on. I’ve followed the instructions for solving a black screen error and started the PC in safe mode. After restarting though, it goes back to the black screen. How do I resolve this?...
  8. Black screen after starting up Lenovo ideapad.

Black screen after starting up Lenovo ideapad.: The screen of my Lenovo Ideapad would go black after starting up the PC, even while it was on. I’ve followed the instructions for solving a black screen error and started the PC in safe mode. After restarting though, it goes back to the black screen. How do I resolve this?...
  9. Laptop black screen, only boots for 3 seconds and keyboard lights on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop black screen, only boots for 3 seconds and keyboard lights on: Hi!This morning my Huawei MateBook X Pro instantly shut off without any error message. I managed to restart it and opened the Event Viewer, but the computer then froze, not allowing me to use the mouse, any shortcuts or even toggle the Fn or Caps Lock keys. I restarted it...
  10. Lenovo Easy Camera showing black screen , light is on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Easy Camera showing black screen , light is on.: Struggling since a long time with "Lenovo Easy Camera showing black screen , light is on" . Tried all the available methods on the net , none worked. Many times discussed with MS , nothing worked. Any help , will appreciate....