Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

Discus and support Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; After playing a dead bat and attempting to push the perception that Superfish was not a security concern, Lenovo has admitted that it was caught... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Lenovo admits security issues with Superfish, releases removal tool | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 20, 2015
  2. Dr. Jay ATL Win User

Conservation Mode In Lenovo Ideapad.

They didn't mean to remove the feature. They released a buggy version of the update app which broke Conversation Mode. They admitted this in the Lenovo community forum.

They have since fixed it. See my post below.

Dr. Jay ATL, Feb 20, 2015
  3. pvhfl Win User
    Sign-in attempt leads to BSOD and Event ID 41 msgs

Probably true. When the Superfish fiasco first came up, I ran a tool that may have disabled but not removed it.

The first run of Malwarebytes turned up 113 items of "potentially unwanted programs". Deleted a Superfish file and key, and two others that had fish in the name. When Adwcleaner ran, also deleted entries associated with Visual Discovery. I've left items
    relating to Lenovo BrowserGuard, Pokki, and some others that look like they are from programs that may be original. So far the system has come through 4 restarts stemming from running the tools. Log files look a lot cleaner, but haven't really been running
    any other programs.

It looks like Adwcleaner just runs on demand, but Malwarebytes is always on (at least through the trial period). Is there a problem with running two virus programs (Defender, Malwarebytes) simultaneously? Seems like I read that somewhere.

So - so far, so good. Thanks for your advice. Will beat on it for a couple days and come back with further results.

pvhfl, Feb 20, 2015
Thema:

Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool - Similar Threads - Lenovo admits Superfish

1. Have a Lenovo 50/50 desktop and am receiving no sound

in Windows 10 News
    Have a Lenovo 50/50 desktop and am receiving no sound: Hi, Hopefully posted this on the correct thread, can't see any reference to my problem on others. Have a Lenovo 50/50 desktop and am receiving no sound. Nothing been touched it was first noticed on start up. Have updated card drivers and checked connections to no avail....
  2. E3 2018: Six New Lenovo gaming PCs running Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    E3 2018: Six New Lenovo gaming PCs running Windows 10: This week at E3, Lenovo announced six new gaming devices powered by Windows 10 that arrive with simple, built-in Mixer streaming for low-latency, interactive moments for viewers and streamers to engage with other gamers, plus the latest in gaming technology from Intel and...
  3. Lenovo Yoga Book 2: The new dual-screen Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo Yoga Book 2: The new dual-screen Windows 10 laptop: Lenovo in 2016 launched the first Windows 10 laptop with dual-screen. The laptop featured a digital keyboard, which was entirely a touch panel. In other words, Lenovo replaced the traditional mechanical keyboard with a pressure-sensitive touch keyboard “Create Pad”. The Halo...
  4. Lenovo’s new Windows 10 ARM PC with Snapdragon 845 spotted on Geekbench

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo’s new Windows 10 ARM PC with Snapdragon 845 spotted on Geekbench: Microsoft has already unveiled the first Windows 10 on ARM devices from Asus, HP and Lenovo. All the current-generation Always Connected PCs are powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 processor and Microsoft’s Windows 10 on ARM operating system. A while ago a report from...
  5. Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10: I got this computer used and want to install Windows 7 to it. So I followed whatever instruction I found on the web, got into advanced restart setting on W10, somehow found UEFI firmware settings. Restarted, got into UEFI, changed boot order to USB everything and THEN HDD....
  6. Update to Windows 10, Version 1803 kills Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Update to Windows 10, Version 1803 kills Lenovo laptop: A couple of days ago, update 1803 for Windows 10 Home (64 bit) installed on our desktop with no problems. However, today 1803 tried to install on our Lenovo Z50-70 laptop (also 64 bit Windows 10). We left the house, and when we got back, the laptop screen asked what keyboard...
  7. Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop: Warning: This is a "Does Anybody Know?" question. I've been looking for this info everywhere and can't find it anywhere. Here goes: I'm thinking seriously about buying a Lenovo ThinkPad X280 laptop. I've got a predecessor model, the X220 Tablet and it's been a great, great...
Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool solved