Windows 10: Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

Discus and support Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After playing a dead bat and attempting to push the perception that Superfish was not a security concern, Lenovo has admitted that it was caught... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

Read more: Lenovo admits security issues with Superfish, releases removal tool | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 20, 2015

2. Conservation Mode In Lenovo Ideapad.

They didn't mean to remove the feature. They released a buggy version of the update app which broke Conversation Mode. They admitted this in the Lenovo community forum.

They have since fixed it. See my post below.

Dr. Jay ATL, Feb 20, 2015
  3. pvhfl Win User
    Sign-in attempt leads to BSOD and Event ID 41 msgs

Probably true. When the Superfish fiasco first came up, I ran a tool that may have disabled but not removed it.

The first run of Malwarebytes turned up 113 items of "potentially unwanted programs". Deleted a Superfish file and key, and two others that had fish in the name. When Adwcleaner ran, also deleted entries associated with Visual Discovery. I've left items
    relating to Lenovo BrowserGuard, Pokki, and some others that look like they are from programs that may be original. So far the system has come through 4 restarts stemming from running the tools. Log files look a lot cleaner, but haven't really been running
    any other programs.

It looks like Adwcleaner just runs on demand, but Malwarebytes is always on (at least through the trial period). Is there a problem with running two virus programs (Defender, Malwarebytes) simultaneously? Seems like I read that somewhere.

So - so far, so good. Thanks for your advice. Will beat on it for a couple days and come back with further results.

pvhfl, Feb 20, 2015
Thema:

Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

1. Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool - Similar Threads - Lenovo admits Superfish

2. Snipping tool, how to remove this ******* from my Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool, how to remove this ******* from my Lenovo laptop?: So, as as written in many posts my problem is with the snipping tool of MS... I understand they want us to use it, but i just hate that thing. Not because it is bad, but this **** is unkillable!!!!I use Greenshot since years and i don't want to change it now. That would not...
  3. Snipping tool, how to remove this ******* from my Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool, how to remove this ******* from my Lenovo laptop?: So, as as written in many posts my problem is with the snipping tool of MS... I understand they want us to use it, but i just hate that thing. Not because it is bad, but this **** is unkillable!!!!I use Greenshot since years and i don't want to change it now. That would not...
  4. Will Microsoft admit the truth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Microsoft admit the truth?: This post and the fact that it is locked is proof the problem is not fixable, except by purchasing another processor, if possible, or a new computer. Windows 11 is coming and with the new security protocols, cloud features, browser implementations, etc. our old systems will...
  5. Several new NirSoft tools released.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several new NirSoft tools released.: Lots of new tools from NirSoft at NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities 107250
  6. Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released

in Windows 10 News
    Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released: In September 2016, we started adding to Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) a malware suite of browser modifiers and other Trojans installed by software bundlers. We documented how the malware in this group install other malware or applications silently, without...
  7. Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.43 released

in Windows 10 News
    Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.43 released: In this month’s Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) release, we continue taking down unwanted software, the pesky threats that force onto our computers things that we neither want nor need. BrowserModifier:Win32/Clodaconas, for instance, displays ads when...
  8. Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection: The Microsoft Security Response Team can move very quickly. The tech world exploded Thursday with the revelation that Lenovo had preinstalled an adware program called Superfish Visual Discovery on an unknown number of its consumer PCs, with the extra bonus of a local root...
  9. Track releases on the Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Track releases on the Media Creation Tool?: Hello, Is there a way I can track the ISO releases on the Media Creation Tool?I mean, most of the times I download a ISO from the Media Creation Tool, I late realize that a new version has not be released and I have downloaded the version I already have.Please let me know if...
  10. Windows 10 Developer Tools released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Developer Tools released: Still installing on my VM - takes forever!!! Had to create a new VM as the old VM's hard drive wasn't big enough. Had to install Visual Studio 2015 CTP6 before installing the tools Also, the update to 10046 didn't load at first, so I had to update to it after installing VS...