Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool

Discus and support Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After playing a dead bat and attempting to push the perception that Superfish was not a security concern, Lenovo has admitted that it was caught... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Lenovo admits security issues with Superfish, releases removal tool | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Feb 20, 2015
  2. Dr. Jay ATL Win User

Conservation Mode In Lenovo Ideapad.

They didn't mean to remove the feature. They released a buggy version of the update app which broke Conversation Mode. They admitted this in the Lenovo community forum.

They have since fixed it. See my post below.

Dr. Jay ATL, Feb 20, 2015
  3. pvhfl Win User
    Sign-in attempt leads to BSOD and Event ID 41 msgs

Probably true. When the Superfish fiasco first came up, I ran a tool that may have disabled but not removed it.

The first run of Malwarebytes turned up 113 items of "potentially unwanted programs". Deleted a Superfish file and key, and two others that had fish in the name. When Adwcleaner ran, also deleted entries associated with Visual Discovery. I've left items
    relating to Lenovo BrowserGuard, Pokki, and some others that look like they are from programs that may be original. So far the system has come through 4 restarts stemming from running the tools. Log files look a lot cleaner, but haven't really been running
    any other programs.

It looks like Adwcleaner just runs on demand, but Malwarebytes is always on (at least through the trial period). Is there a problem with running two virus programs (Defender, Malwarebytes) simultaneously? Seems like I read that somewhere.

So - so far, so good. Thanks for your advice. Will beat on it for a couple days and come back with further results.

pvhfl, Feb 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Lenovo admits Superfish issues, releases removal tool - Similar Threads - Lenovo admits Superfish

2. KB4343897 & KB4343909 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4343897 & KB4343909 issues: Hello, I am asking this question to see if anyone else has issues with the latest security patches from Microsoft (KB4343897 for Windows 10 1709 and KB4343909 for Windows 10 1803)? These installed overnight on two different computers. Prior to that every game was working...
  3. Album Art and Folder View Issue...

in Windows 10 Support
    Album Art and Folder View Issue...: Very weird issue, where the sub-folder and mp3's show there respective album art, but for some reason the primary folders are not. So I have primary folders for each band and inside is a folder for each album of that band, the mp3's show album art and so do each album...
  4. Windows update caused laptop issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update caused laptop issues!: Running Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop. I left it to do a Windows update and shut down last night. Took 15 minutes to start up this morning and now my desktop icons have no text. No clock in taskbar. No text on or in any file folders. No ability to type into file search box....
  5. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...
  6. VPN issue with KB4343909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN issue with KB4343909: Hello, I usually use MSFT VPN client in my Windows 10 laptop to connect to a Meraki MX 64 as the VPN hub to get access to my resources. Everything has been running smoothly (more or less) till today. No matter how I tried, I never got a VPN connection following the same...
  7. Scanner issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanner issues: My HP Officejet pro 6110 will print normally but will not scan from the all in one to the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/scanner-issues/a2179425-b875-4f26-b030-71e6a9b55372
  8. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  9. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  10. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...