Windows 10: Lenovo C32qc-20 Monitors and Surface2 Laptop & dock cannot wake from sleep

Discus and support Lenovo C32qc-20 Monitors and Surface2 Laptop & dock cannot wake from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; thanks in advance for any guidance. I have a Surface2 Laptop which used to work perfectly with 2x Dell 24" monitors. I upgraded to 2x Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crm1956, Apr 13, 2021.

1. crm1956 Win User

Lenovo C32qc-20 Monitors and Surface2 Laptop & dock cannot wake from sleep

thanks in advance for any guidance.

I have a Surface2 Laptop which used to work perfectly with 2x Dell 24" monitors. I upgraded to 2x Lenovo C32qcc-20 monitors and now - if I let the monitors go to sleep they will not wake up without a lot of finagling. I tried many if not all configuration possibilities - with intermittent success which was REALLY confusing. All sorts of key combinations to wake none worked. updating drivers & windows no change. Changing scan rate no change, went back to 60mhz...

Here is what was most successful, but it started to fail so I gave up on it after a while - but the physical disconnect/reconnect is a clue i believe:

2 monitors on, laptop open with screen off.

2 monitors go to sleep all monitors appear black

remove docking station connector from laptop - screen pops on.

replace docking station connector to laptop - laptop screen goes black, and 2 Lenovo monitors come to life.

How I am managing now:

but even that disconnect/connect solution sometimes knocked the configuration off - and there was time re-setting the primary monitor, extended monitor, and disabling laptop monitor... so i gave up and just turn my extended monitor off and put up a black screen on the primary... which is so "wrong" in terms of behavior - but at least i can get right to work when I approach my workstation.

What can I do to get back to the day when I wiggle my mouse and the screens wake up?

thanks,

carol

:)

crm1956, Apr 13, 2021

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Dual Monitors connecting to Docking Station

I have an HP laptop, running Windows 7, with an HP docking station. I also have dual LG monitors. I have one monitor connected through the VGA port. I have a Displayport to HDMI cable for the second monitor. The display ports on the docking station
    are ++. The HDMI monitor will wake up when connected, it asks if I want to connect, but I cannot answer OK. It then goes to sleep. I have the monitors set to extend, and I keep the laptop closed. Both monitors work, using the VGA, so I know it isn't a
    monitor issue. Suggestions?

BDe Vries1, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Ed Fisher Win User

Lenovo T450S laptop docking station issue

I am having difficulty utilizing a docking station with my Lenovo T450s laptop. I purchased the laptop in 2016 and it is running Windows 10. At the time of purchase I also bought a Lenovo docking station. At the suggestion of an IT person, I recently purchased a "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station.

The issue I am having now with both docking stations is that my second monitor does not get detected and only works when I connect directly to the laptop and it does not transfer the wired internet signal from the docking station to the laptop. The signal is fine when I connect directly to the laptop. All of the USB ports on the laptop are USB 3.0.

I was under the impression that I could plug the power for the laptop and one cable from the docking station and would be good to go. The printers connected through the docking stations work fine. I take my laptop home with me every day from work. Any suggestions to try?

Ed Fisher, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Lenovo C32qc-20 Monitors and Surface2 Laptop & dock cannot wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Lenovo C32qc Monitors

2. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  4. Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: Hello!I have very odd problem again - my laptop randomly won't wake from sleep. It stays on black screen. If I wait long enough, I will see a BSOD with error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" and crash dump will be created. Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it will not, so I cannot...
  5. Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: Hello!I have very odd problem again - my laptop randomly won't wake from sleep. It stays on black screen. If I wait long enough, I will see a BSOD with error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" and crash dump will be created. Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it will not, so I cannot...
  6. Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Lenovo Y520 won't wake from sleep - INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: I have very odd problem - my laptop won't wake from sleep. It stays on black screen. If I wait long enough, I will see a BSOD with error "INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR" and crash dump will be created. I tried many solutions: 1 Driver verifier - deleted some "unstable" drivers, but...
  7. Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.

Lenovo laptop won't wake up from sleep mode.: Hello, people. My laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. If i leave it on for 30 minutes without touching the mouse or the keyboard, it will go automatically into sleep mode. If I do not move the mouse in 5 minutes after it giving me the black screen, it will not wake up...
  8. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  9. cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot wake from sleep: Not sure if this has any bearing on your specific situation......but since the spectre/meltdown exploit, mobo manufacturers have developed a new bios for this. But you have to create a support ticket (especially with Gigabyte) and request the udated bios. They're not...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...