Windows 10: Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop?

Discus and support Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does anyone have a similar problem? The Lenovo C940 is virtually brand new and I have Photoshop (latest version, Adobe CC) installed. On the laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KamariaFemi, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop?

Does anyone have a similar problem?

The Lenovo C940 is virtually brand new and I have Photoshop (latest version, Adobe CC) installed. On the laptop, everything can be done with it, but when I "flip" the laptop and use it as a tablet over the screen, not only is the interface awkward (does Photoshop for mobile devices only exist for Apple products...?), but the image simply freezes partially. The left quarter of the screen is frozen, the rest I can use normally, but the more I work with Photoshop in convertible mode (tablet mode), the more likely it is that more parts of the screen will freeze.

A warranty case of the graphics card? Did I do something wrong? The system runs on Win 10 64 bit Pro, all settings are standard as the C940 is delivered. I tried rebooting, reinstalling the Adobe CC, the pen works fine in the non-frozen area, and the laptop is excellent in all other respects too. Only that Photoshop is not running, makes the purchase of the convertible version redundant, because I wanted touchpad & pen at all.

:)

KamariaFemi, Jun 23, 2020
  2. mike302 Win User

Lenovo C940 - Troublesome in Modern Standby Mode

Hi all.

Ongoing troublesome Lenovo C940 here.

Latest primary symptoms: In modern standby mode, various background processes are incredibly active. This means, maybe 30%-50% of the time, I come back to a very warm laptop, or a hot, dead battery if it decides to do this while unplugged/in a bag.

Investigations: My main investigative work into this problem has been SleepStudy reports. When I do come back to the computer and it's warm, I produce a sleep study report to investigate. No two occasions show the same cause of the high activity though. I've attached a few recent sleepstudy reports for someone to review and help troubleshoot. You'll note the red colour-coded Modern Standby states.

Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop? [​IMG]

I've already had the motherboard replaced for other waking-from-sleep problems (maybe related, maybe not); that didn't change anything.
    I repair-installed the OS, which changed the problem to primarily be high activity in Modern Standby mode, resulting in frequently recurring BSOD problems -- especially BSOD while in Modern Standby mode.
    Then I reinstalled the OS twice (reformatting both times), once using the Microsoft-sourced Windows 10 1909, and then subsequently using the Windows 10 sourced from Lenovo specifically meant for the C940. Both reinstalls resulted in the same high-activity during Modern Standby, as well as causing the fingerprint reader and webcam to stop being usable; the fingerprint and webcam just suddenly started working today though, with absolutely no change to anything, as far as I can tell...

Therefore, just reiterating, the PRIMARY remaining problem is this high activity in modern standby. Lenovo have told me that I'm not supposed to leave a laptop in this mode unattended, and that high activity in this mode is normal; even that draining 79% of the battery in Modern Standby mode for 25 hours is fine...

Windows Version: 10.0.18363 and just installing KB4532695 in the background.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, if there is anything else I can do to get some support, let me know *Confused Do you need other logs, or anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

Another instance, with another example of a different source of the power drain in Modern Sleep mode.

Can anyone help? What else do I need to share?

mike302, Jun 23, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Lenovo C940 BSODs While in Modern Standby

This fingerprint driver was displayed on the Lenovo website:
    laptops and netbooks :: yoga series :: yoga c940 14iil :: 81q9 :: 81q9001cuk :: pf1xzs0c - US

Did you system restore, clean install or reset save files or reset remove files, or custom install?

Run the Lenovo operating system and hardware diagnostics (custom scan):
    laptops and netbooks :: yoga series :: yoga c940 14iil :: 81q9 :: 81q9001cuk :: pf1xzs0c Lenovo PC Support - US

For computer sleep problems consider opening a new thread: Performance & Maintenance - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Jun 23, 2020
  4. mike302 Win User

Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop?

Lenovo C940 BSODs While in Modern Standby

That's the fingerprint driver I installed - - from Lenovo website.

Clean installed, both times.

Lenovo hardware and os diagnostics scans for webcam and fingerprint reader failed because they couldn't access either of those pieces of hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

My other threads, outside the BSOD forum, were deleted with no reason given... Maybe someone thought they were pointless duplicates of this thread???

mike302, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop?

1. Lenovo C940 does not run in tablet mode with Photoshop? - Similar Threads - Lenovo C940 does

2. Lenovo C940 Screen Flashes Everytime I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo C940 Screen Flashes Everytime I turn it on: Hello Everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Yoga C940. I have the i7-1065G7 with Iris Pro graphics. I've had it for about a year and no problems. I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months back and still, no problems. Until, one day, I opened the lid, moved the mouse, and the screen...
  3. Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11: When will my device get the windows 11 update in my settings? I don't want to update my computer prematurely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-c940-15irh-update-to-windows-11/98aa60f6-6d6b-4603-8716-2eb0d878add0
  4. Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga C940-15IRH Update to windows 11: When will my device get the windows 11 update in my settings? I don't want to update my computer prematurely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-c940-15irh-update-to-windows-11/98aa60f6-6d6b-4603-8716-2eb0d878add0
  5. Lenovo C940 Fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo C940 Fingerprint reader: Hello, I have a new Lenovo Yoga. This is strange however, my fingerprint reader only works consistently when I am at my corporate office. When I take the laptop to my home office, it always has a problem recognizing my index finger signing in with windows hello feature? Any...
  6. Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga C940 Audio Problems: Hello, I recently ran into a problem with my Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL Laptop. My speakers on the laptop will be at max volume 100 and the volume would sound very faint at 50% I can barely hear it. Watching any music or videos on it is difficult because I can barely hear...
  7. Lenovo C940 - Troublesome in Modern Standby Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo C940 - Troublesome in Modern Standby Mode: Hi all. Ongoing troublesome Lenovo C940 here. Latest primary symptoms: In modern standby mode, various background processes are incredibly active. This means, maybe 30%-50% of the time, I come back to a very warm laptop, or a hot, dead battery if it decides to do this while...
  8. Lenovo C940 BSODs While in Modern Standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo C940 BSODs While in Modern Standby: As per the title: When in Modern Standby mode for extended periods, the computer is crashing. I know this from SleepStudy reports I generated. See image below. [img] This has happened 3 times in the last 4 days (only two of the instances are noted in the image above). The...
  9. Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet

Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet: When window ink is 'on', Photoshop is lagging. I tried to turn 'off' window ink in properties and create PSUserConfig file with UseSystemStylus 0. But it led to the frozen cursor in Photoshop. I used Wacom pen and a mouse. I tried to reinstall wacom driver, Photoshop, removed...
  10. BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode

BSOD - Lenovo Yoga 11e - going to tablet mode: I work for an IT department at a company rolling out 150+ of these devices. We've had complaints of BSOD when flipping the laptop around to tablet mode in Windows 10 Pro. 67476