Windows 10: lenovo camera issue

Discus and support lenovo camera issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an inbuilt camera in my laptop. Though I frequently use my laptop, the usage of camera was very less. Since a week my camera is not working. Be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maneesh M Nambiar, May 23, 2020.

1. lenovo camera issue

I have an inbuilt camera in my laptop. Though I frequently use my laptop, the usage of camera was very less. Since a week my camera is not working. Be it Microsoft camera app, zoom or google meet, when I open these what I see is a black screen. I have tried updating my driver in device manager, checked for windows update but still the issue is still on.

:)

Maneesh M Nambiar, May 23, 2020
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 23, 2020
  4. lenovo camera issue

Lenovo Easy camera not working on Windows 10

Hi Athens,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the required information.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the model number of the Lenovo laptop?
    4. Are you able to use the Camera using the camera app?
    5. Is there any error while trying to start the Camera?

The corrupted or outdated camera driver could lead to the Lenovo camera not working issue in Windows 10. However, I will guide you in the right direction to fix the issue.

Method 1: Turn Off Privacy Mode

1. Click on Start. Type in Lenovo in the search box.
    2. Click on Lenovo Settings.
    3. Click on Camera icon to open the settings for your Lenovo Camera.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page. Turn
      Privacy Mode On
      to off, if the Privacy Mode is on.
    5. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Check for Updates

Click on Start button, go to Settings >
    Update & Security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for Updates

Method 3: Verify if Camera is disabled on Device manager

1. Click on Start, type in Device manager.
    2. Look for ‘Imaging devices’, right click on it and select
      Enable option.
    3. Restart your computer and check the working of the camera.

You may also refer the article Windows can’t find or start the camera
    for more troubleshooting steps to fix the issue with the camera on Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 23, 2020
Thema:

lenovo camera issue

1. lenovo camera issue - Similar Threads - lenovo camera issue

2. Camera Issues After Maxing camera adjustment in lenovo Vantage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Issues After Maxing camera adjustment in lenovo Vantage: So a while back i maxed my camera contrast to the max using Lenovo Vantage, my face is full dark as i wanted to make my face unnoticeable, but aftere i went back the default setting, it gets blurry and get bad. What do i do? ps: when i shine my face with my phone flashlight...
  3. Camera Issues After Maxing camera adjustment in lenovo Vantage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Issues After Maxing camera adjustment in lenovo Vantage: So a while back i maxed my camera contrast to the max using Lenovo Vantage, my face is full dark as i wanted to make my face unnoticeable, but aftere i went back the default setting, it gets blurry and get bad. What do i do? ps: when i shine my face with my phone flashlight...
  4. Lenovo Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Camera: Hi, I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 for about 4 years now and I've recently encountered a problem with it. I enabled Camera privacy mode once and when I disabled it, my camera stopped working properly. When I'm in a google meet call or when I try to use it in any way, it...
  5. lenovo camera

lenovo camera: My Lenovo camera shows a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-camera/5dade3f6-0840-4f11-bc54-7493c9543760
  6. Lenovo Easy Camera

Lenovo Easy Camera: This month I realized that new Lenovo EasyCamera does not work. After many searches, technical help, uninstalls/ installing, computer device help etc., I'm finally posting here to get help hoping someone can help. I've updated and uninstalled my camera and drivers repeatedly...
  7. Camera issues with Lenovo IdeaPad

Camera issues with Lenovo IdeaPad: Hi, I cannot get any image from my integral camera. All I get in any App such as EasyCamera, Zoom etc is a grey screen with a striked through camera icon. I can get the light on/off light next to the camera to come on by going into the EasyCamera app, but the F8 function...
  8. camera issues Lenovo ideapad

camera issues Lenovo ideapad: Hi Community, I'm getting an error code 0xA00F4244 that says that "No Cameras Are Attached." Have any of you gotten this message? How did you fix it? Thanks!! :-...
  9. Issue with the camera on Lenovo Yoga Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with the camera on Lenovo Yoga Book: I have an issue with the camera on my Lenovo Yoga Book because the image rotates by 90 degrees. It has started since the Windows 10 update. Whenever I use my integrated camera on Lenovo, I see the image on its side. This issue is specific to the camera....
  10. camera issue lenovo miix 520

camera issue lenovo miix 520: has anyone got a working camera driver for lenovo miix 520? there's nothing on their official website. i cannot update the driver from device manager, it simply won't see the camera. Lenovo Vantage does not see the camera as well....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera not working lenovo ideapad