Windows 10: Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 Camera doesnt work after update window

Discus and support Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 Camera doesnt work after update window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 at this moment. my camera doesn't work after update the window system. it shown the error code: 0xA00F429F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Suet Chan, May 19, 2020.

1. Suet Chan Win User

Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 Camera doesnt work after update window

Hi,

I am using Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 at this moment. my camera doesn't work after update the window system. it shown the error code: 0xA00F429F <WindowShowFailed> & 0xA00F4246<ErrorRetryFailed>. I already checked the update & security for window update latest version of updates, privacy that allow the camera on and antivirus software allow the camera access. what should I do in order to fix this problem?? Does anyone provide the solutions for me please?

Many Thanks!

Suet

:)

Suet Chan, May 19, 2020
  2. abChicken Win User

Integrated camera not working Windows 10 Lenovo X1

I have a lenovo X1 tablet gen 2 with windows 10Pro. Last week the cameras (both front and back) stopped working.

On opening the app it froze the picture. When I try to take the picture I get the message below. I cannot switch to the rear-facing camera.
    Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 Camera doesnt work after update window 046d3d27-b686-42d0-b39f-9a828092b2d5?upload=true.png

I cannot find the device on the device manager (all it shows is my printer.)

I have updated everything possible - windows and lenovo.

I uninstalled the wndows app and reinstalled it. I have run the apps trouble shooter. The camera is enabled when I check in bios setup. I have checked the windows privacy settings. The camera seems to work on Skype (according to an IT technician).

What is wrong please and how do I fix it?

Many thanks

abChicken, May 19, 2020
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

Hello all! As the title suggests, I have a Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) and I've been having issues with the fingerprint scanner lately. First, the biometric drivers were hidden in my device manager tab. I activated the reveal hidden view and got error
    code 45 on the biometric drivers. I thus uninstalled my biometric drivers and reinstalled the correct drivers from Lenovo. However, the biometric devices tab is not showing them in my Device Manager now and the Synaptics app claims there isn't a scanner connected.
    What can I do to get a working fingerprint scanner again?

Ronald Estevez, May 19, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Lenovo Laptop CPU Driver Unable to Update to CPU Manufacturer

I'm unfamiliar with a "CPU driver".

I have seen chipset drivers. The latest Lenovo offeres are here: laptops and netbooks :: thinkpad x series laptops :: thinkpad x1 extreme gen 2 - US Lenovo isn't kind enough to supply the version number, but they're dated August 2019.

The latest Intel chipset drivers I find are these: Downloads for Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility

I see no mention of whether it supports the CM246 chipset of the Lenovo.

There is some chance that Lenovo has modified the device ID of the laptop's motherboard, so that generic Intel drivers will not install.

bobkn, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Lenovo Extreme X1 Gen 2 Camera doesnt work after update window - Similar Threads - Lenovo Extreme Gen

2. My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 Camera is not working: My Camera stopped working.I have done all the troubleshootings I have seen online, still no headway.I have uninstalled the driver and still getting the error message 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  3. My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 Camera is not working: My Camera stopped working.I have done all the troubleshootings I have seen online, still no headway.I have uninstalled the driver and still getting the error message 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  4. My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 not receiving Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 not receiving Windows 11 22H2 update: checked with Lenovo Premier Support and they have nothing on their end that explains why this laptop does not receive the latest Windows 11 update....
  6. Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 not receiving Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10 not receiving Windows 11 22H2 update: checked with Lenovo Premier Support and they have nothing on their end that explains why this laptop does not receive the latest Windows 11 update....
  7. Screen flickering after win10 update - Lenovo X1 8th gen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen flickering after win10 update - Lenovo X1 8th gen: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 8th gen. I have a fresh install of win10 pro, after win10 update, restart and login to account the screen start flickering and can do nothing. The only thing that it's working it's task manager.I tried...
  8. ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 with windows10 blinking!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 with windows10 blinking!: Couple of months ago, my machine started blinking, for no obvious reason. When I switch to Linux on the same machine, the problem dissappears. I have tried all available solutions and suggestions(uninstalling windows updateswith, disabling windows problem reporting,...
  9. BSOD PROBLEMS ON LENOVO 1ST GEN X1 CARBON

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD PROBLEMS ON LENOVO 1ST GEN X1 CARBON: I NEED HELP!!! I am experiencing constant BSOD´s on my Lenovo laptop. I´ve upgraded all drivers and I still get BSOD´s at the most inopportune moments. The BSOD´s seem to occur in spurts and I will even have a hard time having windows 10 come back up. I have the minidumps, my...
  10. Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th gen audio is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 5th gen audio is not working: Hi, I was using my laptop audio system, and suddenly they stopped to work (the speakers or if I connect a Headphones). However, if I connect through the HDMI the audio came out on the TV speakers for instance. I already tried to update the driver software and all the...