Windows 10: Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

Discus and support Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MyAccE, Sep 29, 2021.

1. MyAccE Win User

Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?

:)

MyAccE, Sep 29, 2021

2. Fingerprint login disappeared from sign-in options

I have a Lenovo x270 laptop that is brand new. I performed a system update and the fingerprint sign-in disappeared. How can I bring it back ?

AviPe'er work, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Fingerprint option is not shown during sign in.

I bought Lenovo ideapad s540 laptop last month. First 15 to 20 day everything was fine, I set up the password fingerprint and everything was working properly and then all the sudden the fingerprint option got disappeared from sign-in options. I put my finger
    on the scanner it shows that pin/password is required to sign-in. I tried solving this problem by various methods yet its not working.

I hope I get a quick response with effective solution.

Thank you.

AkankshaShedage, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Joeysh Win User

Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X.

After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader.

This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time (something random), on a subsequent login (even without restarting, just locking the device or putting it to sleep), the fingerprint option disappears from Windows hello (other options, like pin,
    stays).

If I re-enroll my fingerprints, the option returns, again for a random time span.

Any help and direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309***

Joeysh, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared - Similar Threads - Lenovo fingerprint sign

2. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  3. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  4. fingerprint in sign in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Issue with fingerprint sign in option disappearing after restart

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue with fingerprint sign in option disappearing after restart: I am using a ASUS ROG Flow X13 Laptop, which has recently come out.The fingerprint appears as registered in the windows settings, and I can either add another or remove it. If I add another, or remove and add it again, it works for a while. Up until the point the PC goes into...
  6. fingerprint sign-in disappeared

fingerprint sign-in disappeared: My fingerprint sign-in option disappeared and it says my computer doesn't have this option anymore. What?? Please help. I have been using it for a year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sign-in-disappeared/a63c4744-f5f2-427b-82bb-0b1d04182e62
  7. Fingerprint Sign In Option

Fingerprint Sign In Option: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 with the Windows Hello sign in options. I have been using the fingerprint sign in option ever since I got the laptop a few months ago. I've not had any problems with it. I just updated it and now that option is gone when I turn my laptop on and...
  8. sign-in-options not working for fingerprint

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    sign-in-options not working for fingerprint: I am unable to sign-in under anything but password - which is not accepted or not valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-not-working-for-fingerprint/140731c1-0822-4640-82d0-d66d79d1059b"
  9. Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader. This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time...
  10. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...