Windows 10: lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner

Discus and support lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Disappeared after Windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stumpsaway, Sep 17, 2018.

1. lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner

Disappeared after Windows 10 update

:)

stumpsaway, Sep 17, 2018

2. How to get Windows Hello in IDEAPAD 520 LENOVO I5

IDEAPAD 520 LENOVO I5 WINDOWS 10 have a fingerprint scanner but in Sign in options it shows that "Windows hello isn't available on this device" Now how to get Windows Hello so that in sign in option fingerprint option should come?

Looking for a reply...Thanks

TIRUPATIYADAV, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Sep 17, 2018
  4. lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner

1. lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner - Similar Threads - lenovo ideapad 520s

2. windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lenovo-ideapad-cannot-find-fingerprint/2fd99598-3bc1-4f5a-86d5-461f42e1e961
  3. windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: windows 11 / Lenovo IdeaPad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lenovo-ideapad-cannot-find-fingerprint/2fd99598-3bc1-4f5a-86d5-461f42e1e961
  4. Fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint scanner: Hi, I'm trying to set up the fingerprint scanner to log in. It says I need to enter a PIN, but when I try to set up / reset a PIN it says this option is not available at the moment. The fingerprint scanner was working fine until last week. Thank you!...
  5. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner stopped working a while back. I believe it is a Goodix scanner. the driver was up to date, but the computer showed that the "DEVICE" was not present on the computer VOSTRO 5402 Service Tag: C04NB63.I couldn't find any information on how to add the...
  6. fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner: whenj i try to change my sign inj options to windows hello fingerprint scanner,"we could not fint a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print. im using windows 10 enjterprise. when i used vista i had no problems.how can i resolve this issue? than\x...
  7. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working: i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot get mine to function on...
  8. Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint reader on Lenovo ideapad: A recent windows 10 update disabled my fingerprint reader. The latest update has not restored it. How do I make it work again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader-on-lenovo-ideapad/fc18f039-411d-4f4f-a94b-a835bdafc1dc
  9. Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver is not working on lenovo Ideapad 520?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver is not working on lenovo Ideapad 520?: After windows 10 update 2019 i am not able to use the fingerprint scanner on my lenovo ideapad 520 which has inbuild fingerprint scanner and runs on driver which is synaptics wbdi finger print. it starts showing code 10 on device manager i have tied everything reg...
  10. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo idea pad finger print drive

2. lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint not working

3. lenovo 520s 81bl finger print scanner issue

4. lenovo ideapad 520s problem bluetooth after may update,
  5. how to fix finger print for window 10 lenovo ideapad520S,
  6. fingerprint scanner in lenovo ideapad 520S,
  7. install windows hello fingerprint for lenovo 520s,
  8. how to enable fingerprint sign in windows 10 lenovo ideapad 520s,
  9. ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner,
  10. idea pad finger print driver,
  11. where is fingerprint sensor on lenovo ideapad,